No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cold weather is finally going to break! They are forecasting temps to be right around the freezing mark by mid-week! This is the longest stretch of brutal cold weather that I can ever remember! One thing about living by myself [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], it's pretty easy to keep the house clean when all I have to do is pick up after myself lol. Is the knee brace making things any easier?

I had a whole lot of thoughts go through my head about your quote [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but one stood out among all of them. You all are the reason that I believe in good people!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Pancakes, my favorite!

Had a nice family day yesterday introducing tiny baby grandson to more family members! D1 & SIL1 are such good, conscientious parents to their little guy! Plus SIL1 is taking such good care of our daughter, who is still ailing with high BPs & constant headaches post pregnancy. He’ll say, “No, wife, you’re not bathing the baby. You go rest and I’ll do it.”

Gotta go - I need to feed & hold the baby!
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24,I'm not asking for them I'm stating it.
        Last edited by paulywogg; January 19, 2020, 08:52 AM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good reminder that we impact people around us and to keep it positive. Thanks, QW.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

32°F and snowing here in NY.

Great quote [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Thanks for the into on PEI, Halifax and Nova Scotia. Definitely on my bucket list!

Happy Sunday all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our group supper last night went well and no one consumed alcohol! The committee member who only showed up for one meeting all year, the one who was first to sign up for the volunteer appreciation dinner....... didn’t show up.

Thanks for the comments on today’s quote. I don’t often comment on quotes posted by others but I do take the time to think about what message the quote gives. And I enjoy reading how others perceive the quote and relate to it.

Another awesome brekkie Cowboy! Thanks.

Our frigid weather is to end in a few hours. Jessie and I are counting the minutes!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Fear has two meanings - Forget everything and run or Face everything and rise. The choice is ours

I remember early in this quit that I had a bad case of the feckits. It would have been easy to cave. But I was afraid of what I was doing to my health and worried that I wouldn’t be there for those who were counting on me.

Like everyone here, I chose to face the fear rather than forget it. We’ve all faced Day 1, likely more than once. We’ve faced the beast and we’re not letting the beast win!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and happy Monday. Great quote QW. Choosing to rise vs run! Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-19C (-2F) in Vegreville this morning, temps on the upswing!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rise or run. I like it, QW. I choose to rise! Glad your dinner was AL free.

Blustery here this morning. Sprinkling rain and windy. Glad I didn't have a hike planned because this wouldn't be a good day for it!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Love the quote QW 5:45 am in Vegas I won't drink today
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It didn’t warm up as much as it was supposed to yesterday but Jessie and I went for a much needed walk. She caught up on “doggie news” and was so happy to be out after a week in the deep freeze. Today has started out mild too, currently at freezing with a high later of +7 thanks to a Chinook. About time. We might just get two walks in today.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

24 hours for me here in frigid Ohio.

Thanks for the quote, QW. Once again it's all about choices.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sometimes you need to burn bridges to stop yourself from crossing them again.

I always thought that burning bridges wasn’t a particularly good idea. One time though I found myself in a very toxic situation at the job I had at the time and when I left, I did what I thought was right and in the process definitely burned a few bridges! From an employment point of view it was definitely a career limiting move even though it was the right thing to do.

I know in my drinking days that I did some things out of habit, likely because of the addiction, over and over again that always seemed to end with the same lousy results. As we know, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. It wasn’t until making some hard choices and burning some bridges, mostly involving people, drinking buddies, that I was able to change the old habits.

Further to yesterday’s quote, I recall one recent quote that for some reason stuck with me. Everything we want is on the other side of fear.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X