No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-11C (13F) this morning, looks like another typical winter day in store for this area.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the quote QW......love Oscar Wilde!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:06 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

More medical appointments today to end a busy week. I love small town living - the other day I had an appointment at the bank at 9:30, went to the hospital for X-rays, went grocery shopping and was home before 11AM. My doc called at 1:30 the same day to tell me he had the X-ray results.

Mild here today and a high of +7 later on. Barbecued steaks might be in the works for supper!

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I got out of my routine while up helping to take care of Beckett & D1 for a few days!

What I like is how quickly the results of X-rays are available now, QW.
              Love the quote today. I have never heard it before! And it speaks to how we all are a mix of “good & bad”, and all equal.

And I loved ‘Desiderata’ so much that I had it on a poster on the wall of my dorm room in college! So not cool, I have since learned. But, I like it!

I have been blessed with days away from alcoholic activities, but this weekend will bring a couple of drinking events to have to navigate.

HB just called, and now we’re going to go see ‘1917’ tonight! (Is that the war movie that you saw, Dill?) That used to be a non-alcoholic event, but now posters and cut-outs of beer bottles are all over the lobby so you can have a beer with your movie. But not for me! 24 more please!
              Last edited by Slo; January 24, 2020, 07:19 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Remember, if you were able to take the first step, the second step is never quite as hard

The second and subsequent steps may not be as hard, but as we know, we constantly have to be aware of the beast if we are to win.

ODAT, 24/7/365

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the past week of insightful quotes QW!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

I too want to thank you for a week of good, insightful quotes, QW. Job well done! And I agree with you on small town living. It's the life for me, too.

Slo, the movie I went to was Star Wars. I think I may have forgot to put in the word "Star" and left it to say I went to a a Wars movie so I understand your confusion, As for 1917, I have heard that it is really good and although it is about a war, it isn't really a typical war movie with all the action and gore. I hope you enjoy it. I don't understand your comment about the Desiderata being "not cool". Did I miss something? I'm glad you got to spend so much time with baby Beckett!

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes QW. Surprised and happy at how quickly your medical tests came back. Where I live there are not enough doctors and the medical care is disappointing. Its a huge hurry up and wait game that is very stressful. Slo, please let me know what you think of the movie. Hubs and I want to see it this week. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-4C (24F) this morning, nice day ahead to travel to Vegreville...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Indeed great quotes this week [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Today's is a reminder that once we accept the direction we have to go, we just need to keep heading in that direction.

I think the winter humdrums have settled in, that 3 week stretch of brutal cold about did me in for this winter lol. Calving season is about to start up around here and I spent most of last week running around fixing heaters in calving barns that the farmers just thought they should maybe get fired up only to find there was problems lol. At least it kept me busy!

Headed over to Vegreville today to spend the night. Just one night this time though as I have a full, long day, week of work ahead of me next week...

Comment

I agree that the first step of quitting alcohol is the hardest -it’s hard to cut it off and make that leap into being a non-drinker.

‘Desiderata’ is cool, but I read in an advice book about going off to college when my daughters went, that hanging inspirational quote & art reproduction posters on the walls of your dorm room like I did is a no-no if you want to be seen as a “cool” person. So I guess I branded myself as a dork right out of the gate back then!

I liked the movie “1917”, although it is slow-moving. But it is slow-moving in order to show what the journey was like. HB would have preferred a more action-packed movie.

We have a very beautiful snowfall here!

How is Tucson, Ginger?

Looking for another day of sobriety. Should be easy since I’m having such bad stomach issues like gastritis post-surgery, so have no interest in pouring booze on top of that.
                            Last edited by Slo; January 25, 2020, 09:18 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

6:09 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the great week of quotes, QW.

Had a great time in Tucson. Visited Old Tucson and Sonora Desert Museum. Took a short hike in the Saguaro Natl Park. Enjoyed the area.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X