Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Living in a small town near a big city certainly has lots of advantages. We have the largest hospital in the area and no shortage of doctors. We can generally see our family doctor in a couple of days. A lot of people from Calgary use our hospital because the wait times are so short compared to what they find in the city.

Rava, I hate the hurry up and wait game too. Our travel agent reminded me that we have to be at the airport 3 hours before our upcoming flight to Cancun. Why, I asked. We’ve done this before and been at the airport an hour before anyone showed up at the check in counter!

I’m really looking forward to our annual winter escape to Mexico. In the past though, I’ve caved and had alcohol. This time feels different though and I’m resolved not to let the beast back in my life.

Have a great af Saturday everyone. And thanks for the comments about the quotes I shared!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Sunday! Up early and checking my mail. Headed to yoga class with a friend at 11 am. Heat came on last night here in Florida. I know its nothing like you Canadians deal with every day but by Florida standards it’s cold. Thanks for the movie review Slo. Hope everyone has a great and AF day. I’m too early for your breakfast Cowboy! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.

This quote really hit home with me. When I first quit, all that I could think about were the endless days of deprivation ahead of me. So much easier to take things 24 hours at a time, and then do it again the next day, and then the one after that, etc.....

Looking forward to breakfast [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:15am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-12C (11F) here this morning with fog rolling in...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Running late with breakfast this morning, Hank is demanding all of my time lol.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote to start your week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! And one day at a time, or one step at a time, can be applied to so many areas of our daily living!

And we have another celebration this morning in the Café, the countdown to one year starts for [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! He hits his 11 month milestone today, congratulations QW!!

Comment

One step at a time really does apply to any difficult path we may find ourselves on. Thanks for the quote, Jude.

Thanks for brekkie, Cowboy!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for another awesome brekkie Cowboy! And the 11th month congrats. I hadn’t realized it but the 1 year countdown is on. The amount of money I haven’t wasted on al will almost cover the cost of our trip to Mexico.

Rava, it warmed up here yesterday to +7. I barbecued steaks and veggies - didn’t need a jacket. And this morning it’s -8. Gotta love Alberta weather!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for feeding us, Cowboy!

Yes, this is much easier to tackle in 24-hour chunks. Today I tackle a drinking party in a bar. It starts at 4p, with dinner served at 7p, but luckily HB said we don’t have to get there until closer to 6p! Since there’s dinner too, I can do it.

Had a small dinner with in-law family last evening, and drank AF beer & wine while they drank the real thing. But, HB’s uncle drank just a soda, as well as under-age daughter; so that should show me that booze is just a beverage and not necessary! So I needn’t go into deprivation mode! The visiting sis-in-law sure gets chatty when she’s drinking; she barely comes up for air and starts talking over others & hogging the conversation, so I got to see a negative side of imbibing in it too.

24 more hours please!
                    Last edited by Slo; January 26, 2020, 10:17 AM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good quote this morning, Jude and timely coming on the heels of MLK day! That first step can be terrifying.

Slo, thanks for explaining about the poster itself not being cool and not the actual poem! And I don't really care much for the arbiters of "cool" deciding what should go on my walls!! LOL

Way to go on 11 months, QW!

24 more please.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and Happy Monday. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 for me, too.

I watch a lot of movies and tend to like true stories and historical pieces. So recently I watched a couple of movies about the game of golf that were based on historical figures in the game. One was a 2005 Disney movie called: The Greatest Game Ever Played. It was a good one, so If anyone is looking for a movie to watch of an evening, I think this one would fit the bill!

Have a great day everyone!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-3F (27F) this morning with another heavy fog advisory...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Headed on a jeep ride to a hard to get to ruin. Way too far to hike!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

“Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill

It's all about picking ourselves up if we fall and moving on. Winston sure got that right!

Snowing here but at least it's mild. (30°)

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X