• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:40 am in Vegas I ain't drinkin today
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m treasurer for a not for profit organization that has recently been subjected to a new banking fee called “negative interest”! They charge a fee of $5 monthly for keeping our money. That’s on top of the $2.50 transaction fee. We print our own statements so essentially everything we need from the bank we do ourselves. In Canada, banks are allowed to leverage their customers money by 7 times, meaning that for every dollar on deposit they can lend $7. And every non-personal account is charged that fee. No wonder they make billions in profits every year.
      So today our organization in opening an account with the local credit union where there are no service charges.

A bit cooler today but no snow in the forecast.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the movie recommendation, Dill! It sounds like a movie HB & I could even watch together, which is always a small miracle to find one of those.

Smart move, QW! Credit unions are wonderful.

The event last night was very nice! We were only there for two hours, so not a super long time to have to hang out in a bar. And the food was excellent! I am becoming increasingly more comfortable with socializing sober!

My mom’s husband guy is in the hospital getting a pacemaker put in after he went unresponsive yesterday afternoon, poor guy. So a last effort to keep him alive -he is already on a lot of cardiac meds and has a chip implanted for daily cardiac monitoring. I can’t help but think that his constant daily drinking habit is doing his heart no favors, although blunting the daily ennui of old age & infirmity with it is maybe helpful. He sure looks forward to it. I have noticed that if Mom isn’t home then he really goes at it, and starts imbibing at like 10:00am. But he has made it to 89, so that is pretty good. But HB’s uncle has made it to 89 also, and he barely ever drinks, and is in excellent shape and sharp as a tack!

Anyways, I’m going for another 24 hours AF today.
        Last edited by Slo; January 27, 2020, 02:05 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning. Hope that Jeep ride was fun Ginger! Thanks for the movie recommendation Dill. I will have to check it out. QW the credit union is definitely the solution to that problem! Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-8C (17F) this morning with a light mist, should be an interesting drive out to the job this morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

QW, I have heard tell of the negative interest rates and have often wondered just what I would do if my bank went that route. I think yours is the perfect solution! I currently have a small account at our local credit union that I opened as a way to get money to my son quickly during a low point in his life. He had an account at the credit union. The ease of transferring funds from one account to another helped in a pinch more than once. If he weren't a single parent I would never have done that, but when grandkids are in the picture, well...

Slo, your mom's hb is 89?! Good for him. I do wish him well. It sound like you come from a family of dedicated drinkers, as do I. I'm glad Mr. D is not inclined. It's easy to keep the house af, thankfully.

Jude, I just love that Churchill quote.

How was that jeep ride, Ginger?

24 more please.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C. S. Lewis

I'm in for another 24!

Comment

Great quotes, Jude. I missed yesterday's until this morning.

The jeep ride did not disappoint! We could have made it in the pickup within 10 miles of the ruin. That's about 5 miles further than we can hike comfortably these days so happy we were invited on the jeep ride!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I spent 30 years working in the financial services industry and am so happy to be out. I remember one time asking an executive at a meeting how much was enough to charge customers and was told to get as much as possible! It’s been 20 years since I escaped but it astounds me that I still know more about the industry than several people I’ve met working in it. I think maybe it’s time to move most of our banking business to the credit union so we can be treated like people!

Bread making is on the agenda today, both in the bread machine and Dutch oven.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Jude you have been posting really, really good quotes this week, bot thoughtful and inspirational. It's never too late to start living the life we want to live and doing it one day at a time makes it happen.

We live out in the country and therefore are not on a city water system but instead have our own well. And two days ago that well collapsed! Who knew that could happen?! I didn't. There's nothing to do but to cover it over and drill a new one. Definitely not an expense we were planning on having! Grrrrrr Luckily we have a separate well for the water system we installed for the cattle, so we at least have water in the meantime. We found a driller that said he could get to it within a week.

I'm afraid I developed a case of the F-its and took a major step backward yesterday. I fully regret it, but am determined to get back on course and live the life I want to live.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; January 29, 2020, 06:51 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-15C (3F) on a clear morning, finally no fog! We're going to have a very wet end of June if the 6 month rule holds true!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I agree [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], great quotes this week!

Sorry to hear about the well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I know how expensive a new well can be! And I know you realize it was nothing to drink over, it was just another excuse to drink. You have it in you to quit for good, I know you do!

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote, Jude. Slips happen sometimes. The key is picking yourself up, brushing yourself off and starting over. Never let that AL voice tell you different!

Sorry, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. That sucks. Our new home has a well and it's deep and lined with both steel and pvc pipe. It's a worry. Hope you hit water quickly.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X