Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I embrace technology and consider myself tech savvy however, I am constantly reminded that many of the devices I own are in fact a lot smarter than I am. Yesterday I learned a lot about my Nikon camera that I’ve had for 5 years, simply by reading the Dummies book. I’m looking forward to experimenting and getting creative with it when we’re in Mexico.
    After packing bathing suits and snorkel gear, cameras are the next priority. Besides the Nikon, I have a point & shoot, a Go Pro plus my phone camera ready for the trip. Mr V would know how real the struggle is.

Speaking of Mr V, has anyone heard from him recently? Hope everything is well with him.

Dill, thanks for sharing about your slip. The really important thing is that you’re dealing with it and are here with your friends in the Cafe.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I totally forgot to check in this morning. Not that I’m too busy in retirement. Just forgot. Dill, I appreciate your honesty. You came right back and that’s what’s important. We are all here for you sharing the same journey. Thanks for the great quotes Jude. Hope everyone is having a good day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Loved the C.S. Lewis quote, Jude!

Sorry about the unexpected financial blow with the well, Dill. Glad you have another source of water for now anyways. Was it easier to act on your F-it on a Tuesday, since you go into town that day?

I’m up by Beckett!! It’s so much fun! Daughter is harder to get along with. She’s flipping out over what I consider a minor thing, the way new mothers do, so I’m trying to add some levity to get her to calm down and quit turning nothing into a catastrophe, so she got mad at me and stalked off. Oh well!

I too often wonder about @Mr. Vervill. He’s probably doing fine, but those ski lodges are quite centered around drinking culture, so I hope he made it through ok.

I need to start watching the Ellen Show more regularly -it’s funny!

Planning to finish the day off AF!
        Last edited by Slo; January 29, 2020, 05:25 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning and Slo, your daughter is probably still full of hormones and more emotional than normal. So glad you are with Beckett. Wishing everyone a very AF day! Grilling steaks tonight at the local state park. Looking forward to eating steaks and watching the sunset over the gulf. Bringing my AF beverages. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind support. [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], it was the f-its combined with opportunity, yes. Being in town made it easy.

Cowboy, thanks for your vote of confidence. I pray you are right.

I think we all feel the loss of Mr. V. The last thing he posted was that he was headed to Colorado for that ski trip. He seemed so settled and happy in his sobriety that I like to think he is continuing on. Hopefully he will stop in some day.

Grateful for yesterday's 24 and looking forward to today's.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

0C (32F) this morning with snow to shovel before I head off to work...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I often wonder about Mr V as well, but try to think that he's okay and moving forward with his life. How many of you remember [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]? My sobriety calendar reminded me that it's his 3rd Soberversary today. Once he got his one year in, his posts became less frequent until he just disappeared. I like to think that they know they have a home here and the door is always open to them as it is to everyone else!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:21 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Couldn't get in this morning on my phone and had to switch to my kindle but not before I panicked and messaged ABC! Lol

I miss Mr. V too. When I went dark, I didn't slip for a long, long time. I'm sure he'll be back one way or another. He knows his best life is only found in sobriety. We'll be here when he gets back.

Enjoying the quotes, Jude!

QW, you're on countdown now! You'll be in the warm sunshine before you know it.

I'll gratefully take another 24.

Comment

“Starting over is an acceptance of a past we can’t change, an unrelenting conviction that the future can be different, and the stubborn wisdom to use the past to make the future what the past was not.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough

As you may have noticed, this week's quotes are based on starting over. This morning's quote is dedicated to you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Opportunity does seem to be a downfall for many of us. Thankfully, the nearest liquor or grocery store is 20 miles away, but the urge to buy booze is very strong when I do get to town. Going out to dinner is another trigger for me, so I am trying to avoid that scenario.

I do remember [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] cowboy, and I hope that he is strong enough to stay sober on his own. I also wish that @Mr. Vervill would check in, even if he is still drinking. Such a fragile existence we live in at times. :smileyb:

Humbly asking for another sober day please!

Comment

Rava, wish we were there to join you in grilling steaks and watching the sun set. One of the things I’m looking forward to is night photography. In the past, most nights I wouldn’t have been able to take pictures because I’d consumed too much al.

Yes Ginger, the countdown is on! I am ready for this holiday and am looking forward to 10 days of warmth.

I remember Orimus and like Jude, hope he is enjoying a sober life. Mr V too!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

I'm having trouble logging in today and I don't see my post, or anyone else's from yesterday! I hope things get back to good working order soon.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I see there were no posts from yesterday, I hope the issues that prevented us from signing in and posting have been resolved.

Switching bank accounts from big bank to credit union is finally done. Big bank couldn’t understand why our little not for profit would want to save a $5 a month “negative interest” fee plus $2.50 per transaction and go where there are no service charges and free cheques! Big banks final pmo (piss me off) act was to ask for a Letter of Direction to close the account! Even though I looked, I couldn’t find a suitable emoji to show my true feelings.

Cowboy, I’m looking forward to brekkie tomorrow!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday af.

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; February 1, 2020, 04:49 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language And next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.” – T.S. Eliot

Could not log in this morning, but everything seems fine now.....

Comment

A lot of issues with the site the last couple of days. Hopefully it's all resolved now! ABC created a backup location for forum posts in the event this site ever goes away. Sharing his link here in case you want to communicate, if the site goes down again. I like having options!
                                Home | We Quit Drinking

Comment

Working...
                                X