X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sunday quote...

Comment

Just a quick check in from me tonight, great to see the site up and running again! I’ll be back in the morning with my regular check in and roll call! And I did get my 24 hours!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yay Glad to be able to check in.... Hope everyone is doing well. I didn’t realize how much I count on checking in each day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

6:20am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-6C (22F) in Vegreville with a pretty strong wind blowing...

Not going to do a roll call this morning as I don't want to miss out on anyone, but I'm sure y'all got your 24 hours just like I did!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll get breakfast set out, read a bit, then be back to catch up with y'all...

Comment

First things first; a huge thank you to [MENTION=1]zmenchhofer[/MENTION] and the rest of the MWO support team for working so hard to keep the site running smoothly! Your work behind the scenes is much appreciated!

Second, a big thanks to [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] for getting the FB MWO group going to share info and a place to communicate while the site was down!

And third, a big thanks to [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] for the great quotes last week about starting over! We all have the opportunity to turn our life around at any time, all we need is the courage to do it!

And last but not least, a big thank you to all my special friends here in the Café! It's times like these past few days that show me how much y'all have become such a big part of my everyday life!

And with that being said, let's all have a fantastic Super Bowl Sunday, and remember, no quitting on your quit, no matter who, no matter what!!
              Last edited by abcowboy; February 2, 2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

So glad that the site is back up and running again!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning! Glad we are back at MWO. Like all of you, it's a big part of how I start my day and I felt lost yesterday when I couldn't check in.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

That was scary! Thankful that our site is back! I felt adrift.

Dill, maybe try to make sure you’re full when you leave your job post, like have breakfast, brunch or lunch in the hospital cafeteria before you leave? That is a strategy that helps me when I’m out & about.

Heading up to D1/SIL’s house today to celebrate my HB’s birthday and watch the Super Bowl. They drove down to us once already, and were shocked at how hard it was to pack & haul all the baby equipment, so we’ll head up! I will bring my own AF beverages to make sure I’m covered.
                    I think I’ll make & bring popcorn too, since that also helps me stay comfortably sober when everyone around me is drinking.

Requesting another AF day please!
                    Last edited by Slo; February 2, 2020, 11:50 AM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

6:33 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A big thank you to our administrator for working hard to get our site up and running again. I’m not sure how many times I checked the site while it was down but it was a lot.

Thanks for another awesome brekkie Cowboy! There’s snow to shovel this morning so a good brekkie is essential.

One week from now we’ll be doing the hurry up & wait at the airport!

Have a great af Sunday everyone. Enjoy Super Bowl, al free of course.

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; February 2, 2020, 12:42 PM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in for me because I've been busy with my granddaughter who spent the night with us last night. But I am grateful to be able to check in and see everyone still here!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Monday quote...

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, today's quote is just so perfect! Thanks! For me just lately I've been fighting a bad mood and today's message is just the thing I needed.

QW, good job looking out for your charity group's bottom line. Those little fees add up!

Cowboy, thanks for the great breakfast yesterday. The eggs were just the way I like them!

Slo, that was good advice for me on coffee shop day. I'm sure it was a factor. Maybe I should eat one of the delicious donuts we have on offer just before I leave...

The new well is still not connected. It is like waiting for Christmas in a way!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; February 3, 2020, 07:24 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X