~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Monday and so glad the site is running smoothly again. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-14C (7F) this morning, but at least no snow to shovel...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Monday, everyone. It was 76 here yesterday and today the temps drop to 55 with freeze warnings tonight. What the heck!?

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:35 am in Vegas another 24,Dill sorry the well isn't hooked up yet, you know I read that well water is really nutritious cuz of the minerals it has so that's something to be grateful for QW, I too looked to get on so many times throughout the couple of days it was down, well day and a half, so much a part of my routine I guess I didn't realize it, Ginger and Cowboy thank you for stepping up and keeping in touch, that was very nice of you both, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, your weather sounds a bit like ours, except warmer. A favourite saying here is if you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes and it’ll change! This morning we have light snow and a windchill of -18. By Wednesday it’s above freezing.
            Mrs QW checked the weather forecast for Cancun, looks like 29C, mid 80’s F, the whole time we’re there. Can’t wait.

Serious packing continues today! Jessie knows something’s happening because the suitcases are out. She’s not happy.

Dill, because of big banks gouging on the not for profit account, we’re looking at moving more of our personal business to the credit union. We’ve already moved our investments from big bank and they didn’t seem to care. The credit union though seems genuinely interested in getting our business.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Tuesday morning cafe! I'll take another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Good morning. QW my dog gets the suitcase thing too. Once they come out he stops eating. He is very dramatic! LOL. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Dogs are absolutely amazing creatures! Mine starts alerting me that the UPS or FedX truck is in the vicinity long before they turn onto our driveway! LOL

Today is the day we are supposed to get the new well hooked up to the house but wouldn't you know it's raining! We shall see.....

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-16C (3F) this morning, snow in the forecast for tonight...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; February 4, 2020, 07:48 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Tuesday quote...

Forgot to post last night so it was waiting for you early risers. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Bubba and Hank came home yesterday! Bubba is working at the Health unit today, then taking in the paperwork to our accountant to get taxes done, so they'll be here for 2 nights! And last night while Hank was laying at my feet, I got to thinking about [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] gave us yesterday, about gratitude. I like to complain when they are over in Vegreville and mope around the house when I'm alone, and I need to remind myself that it could be worse. Many spouses are apart for much longer periods due to work etc, and it's a good thing that Veg is just under an hour drive from Vermilion. If the distance was further I'm not sure how often we'd see each other. So no matter what situation you find yourself in, there's always something to be grateful for...

Comment

5:26 am in Vegas no drinking for me today!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dill, keeping my fingers crossed the well is finished today.

Our dog is the same way. She always knows when we are setting out for a long trip. She begs until we put her in the truck and there she sits with the door wide open watching from her perch. Completely content. I could sure take a lesson or two from her!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Ginger. And after the first step, the second one doesn’t seem as hard.

It’s cold here this morning, -19C, feels like -26. 5 more sleeps..........

Jessie doesn’t seem to mind going to the Howliday Inn while we’re away. She’s happy to go and happy to come home, just the way it should be. She likes the interaction with other dogs and doesn’t come home hoarse from barking and doesn’t smell doggy.

Cowboy, glad you have Bubba & Hank with you for a couple of days.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Morning, all!
                                I have been tired and down lately too. Really going up on the sugar & caffeine to keep going. Oh well; keep plugging along...

Thanks for sharing about Tucson, Ginger; because sis-in-law with dementia is heading there with friends soon, and D2 & SIL2 are headed there in April for his sister’s destination wedding.

QW, I like how you are handling the non-profit in such a way as to reduce overhead costs.

The gratitude quote was nicely phrased, and stated in a balanced way.

Well the dryer went kaput, so I don’t have to do laundry until the new one arrives tomorrow! There’s something to be grateful for!

I’m not drinking today either, Pauly! An easy middle-of-the-week day.
                                Last edited by Slo; February 4, 2020, 09:50 AM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X