~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Yay! The well is finished and hooked up to the house! 150ft. deep, depth to water 75ft. I thought that might interest you, Cowboy.

Today will be another good day not to drink!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad that you got the well in [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Yes, it really comes down to being grateful for the things that we have.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-3C (22F) with lots of snow in the forecast. Maybe Bubba will be stuck here with me for another couple of days lol!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You know me too well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. Sounds like they hit a good stream of water. How is well water in your area? Up in this area most wells run around 300 feet deep and the water is usually quite hard and contains enough iron that water treatment equipment has to be put in. Did they tie into the old line that feeds the house by the old well or did they trench right up to the house and do the tie in there? I'm presuming you'll have a bit of yard repair to do come springtime lol.

Loved yesterday's quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], things can get overwhelming at times, but most problems can be tackled a little bit at a time!

How long will you be in Mexico [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? How much of your family is going with you?

How's the volunteer job coming along [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]? What happens with it when you go back north for the summer?

I'll bet your heart just swoons when you hold your grandson [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! I'm sure I'd never get enough time with my grandkids if I had any lol.

Got lots of work lined up for February, too much in fact! That's one of the problems being self-employed in the construction industry, knowing when you've taken on enough work, and worried that it might slow down so you take on too much!
            Last edited by abcowboy; February 5, 2020, 08:01 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, great that your well is working!

Retirement is the best job ever, as I’ve said here on a few occasions. And as Slo can undoubtedly attest, holding your grandchild is the best feeling ever!! One of my favourite photos is my grandson asleep in my arms, his hand tucked into my shirt pocket. Time stands still at special times like that. He must have been comfortable because he slept like that for two hours.

Cowboy, the peaks and valleys of being in your line of work can be tough to manage. I remember back in small business consulting days, advising a new client starting a handyman business that one of his biggest challenges was going to be saying No. Within 2 months of opening, his calendar was booked for 4 months. Always remember to take time to smell the wild roses! Work is a means to an end, other things are more important.
                  We’re in Mexico for 10 days, just Mrs QW and me this time. One of our sons told me yesterday that he’s super jealous we’re going back to Mexico. It’s been 13 months since we were there with the kids and grandkids and they’re still talking about it.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; February 5, 2020, 09:51 AM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thursday quote...
                    Last edited by Ginger999; February 5, 2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Wise words, Ginger! I have had to live by those words more & more as I age, recover from alcoholism, deal with injuries, and recover from surgeries.

It really has been wonderful to nuzzle a newborn!! I love it! I’ve developed a soft spot for that little guy.
                      I sure do hope that one of your kids will have a change of heart and reproduce, Cowboy.

Probably it will be less tempting to drink in Mexico if it’s just you and the wife this time, QW.

Yesterday out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant, the waitress who spoke broken English didn’t understand what an alcohol-free beer was, so called a lot of attention to what I was ordering. Then sis-in-law with dementia orders a margarita, pointing out to the waitress & the others that she CAN have alcohol. It was a bit awkward, but I didn’t let it bother me. I might not have an off-switch for alcohol anymore, but there are other things that I do still have; like the ability to think clearly, remember things, and manage my own affairs. And I’ll take those over the ability to drink any day!

I got to listen to a real live Holocaust survivor talk about his experiences today at daughter’s high school; something I have always wanted to do! It was very profound and moving.

So a good and AF day was had! And I’ll take another one too!
                      Last edited by Slo; February 5, 2020, 10:56 PM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Loved the quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Self care is a huge part of recovery!

Snow, sleet and freezing rain on the way today and tomorrow. Can't wait to retire.....no more heart stopping commutes to work! :eek-new:

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Great quote Ginger! Yes self care is so important. Jude, yes one thing about retirement is not worrying about the morning and afternoon commute. On nights before inclement weather I would drink myself to sleep with worry. UGH. Cowboy, volunteer job is amazing. I have met some awesome people. One older man, probably in his late 80’s wears a suit every day to volunteer. I will have to ask him what he used to do. When I get back home I will probably be spending more time with with grandkids so I’m not sure that I am looking for any volunteer work. We shall see I guess. QW your trip sounds great. I hope you can post a picture of the beach. Dill, glad you got your well dug. Slo, glad you are enjoying time with Beckett. Hi to Pauly too. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.
                          Last edited by Rava; February 6, 2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-9C (16F) and a date with the , probably a few times today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Woke up to 48°F in the 5th wheel! Cold in these parts but headed back to normal Friday then back to cool and rainy. Strange weather for this area but it's so green, which is an awesome sight to see in the desert!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:35 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X