~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yes, that was a good one, Ginger and good for a smile! Thanks you for the quote and for a whole week of good quotes!

Thank you Jude for bringing the MWO maintenance to our attention.

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-14C (6F) this morning, but no snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:

dill, Rava, Jude58, paulywogg, Ginger999, Quit wining, Slo, abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; February 8, 2020, 07:47 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's so nice to have these updates from the admin here!

Yesterday's hike to Broadway Cave did not disappoint but the last 400 ft was a straight up rocky, slippery scramble. Dang near killed me!

Happy weekend everyone! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24,feels weird not to be able to 'like' anything but maybe those buttons enabled us from discussion in a way cuz instead of commenting it was easy just to hit like, I wish I were headed to Mexico QW, would be a nice time to get away, glad the group went well, waves to all and have a Fab AF day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Still snowing after having over a foot of the white stuff dumped on us. Mr. J had to drag out the tractor to plow the driveway yesterday.....looks like he'll need to do it again today.

Glad to see that the site is up and running this morning.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Ginger. Awesome photos too!

Slo, I had no idea that A+ was the most common blood type. I have A+ type blood and it’s the only A+ I’ve ever had!

Off to the big smoke in a few hours. We’ll drop off Jessie at the kennel, do a bit of shopping and check into our hotel. By staying 1 night at the hotel we can leave the car free of charge for a week, by staying the night we get back, the rest of the car parking is covered too. For those who have paid for parking anywhere in Calgary, this is a bargain. And they offer free shuttle service to the airport plus complimentary brekkie, although not Cowboy quality!

I likely won’t be checking in tomorrow but hope to do so Monday from Solidaridad.

Have a great af Saturday & Sunday everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

The Super Moon just rising over Vegreville

Another pic taken when it got dark.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sunday quote:

Q: “When a person has successfully quit tobacco, he or she is considered cured. But when a person has quit alcohol, he or she is called “recovering”, even a decade later. Why?

A: Because former alcoholics face a world in which drinking is socially acceptable and promoted everywhere they turn. Former smokers aren’t given a “cigarette list” when they sit down at a restaurant. They aren’t offered a choice of cigarettes whenever they attend a party and expected to hold one while they’re there. They never read about which cigarettes pair well with what cheese. So, plenty of former alcoholics use the word “recovering” to help themselves stay on guard.

-Marilyn Vos Savant
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I can’t like any comments. There is a little black triangle there. Hope everyone has a great day. Beautiful super moon pics Cowboy! Good thought Slo. Thanks for that. Have fun on your trip QW.

Comment

Rava, I miss the like button too. And point take, Pauly that we tend to click on 'like' or 'thank' instead of making a comment. Maybe that's not such a good thing.

So I would like to officially say 'thank' you Cowboy, I really 'like' the moon pictures and am appreciative that you took the time! I couldn't see the moon last night due to clouds, but this morning it is clear and the moon is shining so bright on the thin layer of snow we have on the ground. It's beautiful!

Slo, that was a wonderful message. I have often wondered about that very thing. Her point was so well stated! Thank you.

The total bill for the well and then the pump installation and hook up came to about $7500. Wouldn't you know it would happen at the same time as our property taxes are due! Those are $2200 on the half year. So, my dreams of a quick jaunt down to Florida have been cancelled! LOL But that's ok. I'm grateful for the great water coming out of our new well.

Jude, I am hearing a bird chirping in the boxwood outside my window as I write. It's a hopeful sign that spring is coming!

Ginger, I loved the pics yesterday. Beautiful. The natural wonders of Nature are so amazing.

24 more please for me and everyone seeking it.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-10C (13F) in Veg this morning, almost looks like daytime with the moon shining so bright!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:

dill, Ginger999, dill, paulywogg, Jude58, Quit wining, Slo, abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Time for breakfast, a couple more threads to post on, then I'll be back!

Comment

Are you mooning us @abcowboy? :hahaha: Seriously though, cool pics....thank you!

Safe travels QW!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast cowboy! Looks delicious!

Comment

6:07 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today Slo, I absolutely love what you posted how awesome! How cool would it be to live in a world where people thought drinking was as disgusting as smoking, instead of "why" "oh I could never quit" etc, everyone would say great job Instead, no commercials making it seem so accepted and encouraged, something to think about, Cowboy pics are great, have a happy AF Sunday all!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X