• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:56 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hola Amigos! Another day in paradise.

There were a few mistakes made by the resort staff yesterday. After I brought them to the attention of the front desk staff, they were quickly rectified. When we came back from supper last night there was a beautiful fruit basket plus a bottle of champagne waiting for us. We’re enjoying the fruit, our friends got the champagne which I’m sure they are enjoying.

We ate at the Japanese restaurant last night and enjoyed tepenyaki. Both the meal and presentation were wonderful. Tonight is seafood.

Forgot to mention I got a wild boar, OK, pig, at the shooting range.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thursday quote:

“People often drink to “relax”, because they have stress and anxieties. They feel “better” for a couple hours with a drink or two on board. However, real-life experience and research shows that this type of long-term self-medicating alcohol consumption WORSENS ANXIETY...and the only way out of it is to stop drinking the alcohol first.”

-Dr. Garrett Smith
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I agree with you Slo! Drinking always left me anxious....so much more at peace with myself since I quit.

Another 24 hours of peace please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Good quote Slo. Drinking makes us depressed and anxious and yet we keep doing it. Crazy!!! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-25C (-13F) this morning, insulated coveralls, toque, and gloves day for me...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Funny how we used alcohol to self-medicate, but it only made us feel worse!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Such a true statement, Slo.

Glad you and Mrs. QW are having a great time, QW.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Good quote Slo and so very true! Even one day of over indulgent drinking brings on strong feelings of anxiety for the next day or so. I can attest to that. I am very happy to hear that your knew is improving. I wish it would go faster for you but at least it's going in the right direction

Sad morning yesterday as a deer attempting to jump one of our pasture fences didn't make it over. It turns out it had a broken leg that kept it from clearing the fence. As a result, its bag leg got caught and it was stuck. Now it had two severe injuries and wasn't going to be alright so Mr. D had to put it out of its misery. Very upsetting way to start the day, but such is life on the farm.

QW, I wish we could all join you for seafood tonight!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill that's so sad poor little guy QW, glad you're having a great time, Slo glad things are improving on the knee, hafta have fasting blood work done tomorrow, I hate fasting! Blood sugar gets all weird and I get shaky grrr, 5:25 am in Vegas I sure as heck won't be drinking today!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The hardships of a resort vacation in Mexico - there was a line up at the seafood restaurant last night so we had Italian! We’ll try seafood Saturday as tonight is the steakhouse. Not sure what plans for Valentine’s Day.

Cowboy, thanks for the reminder why we’re here. It’s 53C warmer here than at your place.

Wishing everyone a great af Thursday and happy Valentine’s wishes to everyone tomorrow.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Friday quote:

“Never forget that walking away from something unhealthy is brave, even if you stumble a little on your way out the door.”

-Mandy Hale
                          Last edited by Slo; February 13, 2020, 11:01 PM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Great quote yesterday [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Sorry to hear about your "hardships" during your vacation [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! It's currently 15°F here, with a low tonight of -5°F (-20°C) Still jealous but glad that you are enjoying your vacation!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Went for a swim in the ocean yesterday, fried what’s left of my brain while drying off on the beach and ate too much. Again. But I proudly avoided alcohol. I wonder how much of the all inclusive cost is allocated to booze? The resort is making money off of us for sure!

We went to the steakhouse for supper last night and enjoyed another fine meal. The plan for today is to repeat yesterday’s events.

Am I up before Cowboy?

Have a great af Friday and Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

I have read and liked all posts since my last post!

Pauly, I hate fasting bloodwork too. My doctor has told me that since I am fairly constant each time she is reducing the test to annually instead of biannually. Yay! Hope your results are all within normal limits.

QW, how stressful for you to have to go with Italian food instead of seafood. It's hardly worth going on vacation anymore!

Jude, I woke up to 13F but the thermometer is still going down....Brrrrrr

Slo, Thanks for the quote yesterday. I like the suggestion that we are brave, and I also know it to be so. It takes guts to escape the grip of al!

Cowboy, The health dept. guy tested our well. We will have a report in a week's time. The inspector commented that we were really lucky to have a 30GPM steady state flow. He said around our area is 10GPM. I found that interesting. We have a separate well for watering the cattle. The flow rate for that one is only 7GPM. It's sufficient for our needs but quite a difference from our house well and they are only a couple hundred feet apart.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X