~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours for me as well. At work I get screened at the start of my shift because of the Covid 19 and starting tomorrow I got to get checked again before I leave.

Its in our area now and they want to be safe which I do not blame them. I rather not lose a tenant at work due to this illness.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Indeed there’s no better place than alone in a big field, ensconced in a big machine, Cowboy! It can be a tough learning curve to keep up with new technology, but it’s good for the brain, and hopefully it will be a nice machine.

Sounds like sensible precautions, Drifty, as you say. Scary though!

Thanks for the heads up on how this will go, Pauly. I couldn’t quite grasp it all the way when you were in your initial throes of agony over your brother’s suicide, but wow, the survivor’s guilt is terrible.
      His burial is to tomorrow. Just quick and outdoors at the graveside, and small & private, due to Coronavirus precautions. And in the rain.

I’ve been trying to think of ways to reach my brother lately, and thought he would like to feel reached out to by a brother-in-law and invited to a football game by HB, since they both love sports. And they both like business, news, & finance too. So I asked HB if he would please invite my brother to the game? “It would be easy; he lives right up there near the stadium. Please can you help him feel included?”
      But he said No; “K doesn’t do it for me,” and “What does K do for me?” I was stunned. And I had already pressed him for a ticket to a pre-season game for my brother -this was my second effort!
      When I said a few days ago, “Do you see why I wanted you to invite K to the game?”, he mocked me and said, “Oh, so it’s my fault.” Rolled his eyes and stalked off.
      This is festering badly in me, and I can hardly live with this guy, so I finally just now told him off and repeated exactly what he callously said to me about my brother, and also told him exactly where he can shove his tickets!! And those were the only requests I made for this whole season! Claims he doesn’t remember. Jerk.

All I know is I can no longer leave things like this unexpressed and festering, or it can lead me to drink.
      24 more hours for today please.
      Last edited by Slo; March 27, 2020, 07:50 PM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Saturday's quote...

This seemed appropriate for these trying times.

Comment

Good morning and great quote Ginger. So many of us are rushing around and now this virus has brought us to our knees. We are forced to spend time with our family. Learning new ways to pass the time.. We should try to remember some good in this mess. It has forced us to slow down and appreciate some of the nice things people are doing for each other. I am still trying to limit my news watching to keep my anxiety at bay. Another 24 for me please and thank you

Comment

6:05am in Vegreville, Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-2C (28F) here this morning with a howling wind blowing! 3 day of snow in the forecast for both here and Vermilion...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for all the great quotes this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Yes, these are definitely strange and scary times we're living in. But eventually things will get back to a new normal. I say new normal because I hope the world has learned a few lessons during this pandemic and will move forward with the knowledge gained...

You know [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I appreciate when you guys share your feelings and experiences like you, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] have done about stressful situations. It might not seem important at the time, but if and when we find ourselves faced with similar circumstances, we'll remember the words we've read and it will help us get through.

And that goes for everyone in our little group! We have all become good friends and the experiences and truths we share, are shared in the hopes of helping and supporting each other!
                Last edited by abcowboy; March 28, 2020, 07:19 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Back on Day 4 of no Beer & Cigs. Haven't done both for a couple of years. Had a 19 can night last Tuesday which put me on my ass. couldn't get out of bed hardly cos chest around heart area sore. Wouldn't have thought id take 4 days off though and didn't plan a quit. Have been eating well and drinking only water. Been doing some Wim Hof breathing and cold showers.Other than some dizziness and confusion, I feel great and everything tastes better. Amazing what you can do in 4 days
                  Last edited by Neo; March 28, 2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Good on 4 days Neo I had a dance with alcohol when my shop stutdown I just couldn't cope with seeing my city come to it's knees, this is Vegas baby-we don't fall to our knees! Until it did 6:06 am in Vegas another 24.
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Neo, great to see you! Maybe the circumstances that brought you here are nothing to be happy about, but glad you came here and I hope you stay close for a while.

Another awesome quote Ginger and actually coincides with my thoughts this morning. I have been sifting through things and trying to determine what I am supposed to be learning through all this what I should carry forward once we get thru it all.

Pauly, I am sure of one thing. Your are still here and still in the fight and moving forward. And we are all here for you, and each other.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We do indeed have an opportunity to influence what the new normal will be. Hopefully it won’t be dictated by greedy corporations and individuals, especially politicians. Awesome quote Ginger. I’ve been saying the same thing for several days now.

Neo, great to see you! Drifty, you’re doing an awesome job of staying af!! Pauly, most of us are dealing with a new reality and that’s part of the new normal. Hopefully we’ll make the new normal better than the old one. A good time to reflect on what’s really important, eh?

Thank goodness for FaceTime and Skype so we can keep in touch with our family and friends!

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Welcome, Neo. Hope to see you as a permanent fixture at the cafe. Great job on 4 days. Those first few can be brutal. Come back often and check in!

Pauly, good for you for getting right back on the wagon.

Such crazy, crazy times. So crazy, I started a puzzle yesterday for additional entertainment. 🤤 My dog can only take a couple of long walks a day at her advancing age so I had to come up with something else to do! I miss my gkids. They keep me intertained when we are in our home state. Still haven't seen them in person yet. Ugh

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Got my shower done and spending the rest of the night drinking chocolate milk. Another 24 hours for me. Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since I made the right decision to quit drinking.
                            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Saw this on FB and thought it fitting...

Way to go, Drifty on 3 weeks!

Comment

Love that post Ginger!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X