~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and thanks for the great quotes last week Slo! Supposed to rain today. We need it bad. Hope everyone has a good Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“Someday we will look back on this moment and it will forever remind us to never take the little things for granted. It will remind us to hug with all our hearts, to pause to appreciate holding someone’s hand, and to live in the moments that we are surrounded by others.” – Laura Jones

5:50am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-18C (0F) here, but the stars were shining bright when I took Hank out...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is ready to pick up! I would love to be able to offer delivery lol.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another day of staying home but my day will be brightened by a Face Time visit with kids and grandkids.

Saw this online this morning and thought it a good reminder for how serious this pandemic is. “April distance brings May existence”

Stay safe everyone and have a great af Sunday!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:16 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for last week's quotes, Slo. Thinking of you...

ABC, that is a wondeful quote. I sure hope we all remember to do just that after this is over.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

That was a perfect quote for today and for our current times, Cowboy. Thankyou! And thanks for the carry out breakfast as well. Delicious treat for after Church.

But I was so disappointed on that front today. I have been watching our local priest say Mass since this distancing policy went into effect. I was going to watch today's Palm Sunday service but when I opened up the Facebook page was instead greeted with a message that Mass had been postponed. I tuned in later in the morning only to see a post that Mass was cancelled. The church was broken into last night, vandalized and items were stolen. I am so saddened by this, but not surprised. The local paper had printed an article about how the services had been streamed online for the faithful. I'm sure some opportunistic person saw that article and thought they could help themselves to some electronic equipment. I'm just guessing, of course. I don't know what items were stolen.

Beyond that disappointment, I hope we all have a good and healthy Sunday. 24 more hours, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; April 5, 2020, 10:27 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4 weeks ago I woke up hungover and full of regret.

Today I woke up glad that I did not drink last night. ODAAT
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Wonderful quote and brekkie yesterday cowboy! Thank you!

That's so sad about your church being broke into [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! There have been a rash of burglaries in my area as well, which only adds to the paranoia that already exists from this pandemic. I worry about my 96 year old neighbor who lives alone. Maybe I'll let her borrow one of my dogs! I have 3 so I could easily spare one!

Great job everyone for staying sober in these uncertain times!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, that’s terrible about your church! Drifty, congrats on 1 month! Thanks for the great breakfast Cowboy. Slo, hope you are doing ok. Hi Ginger, Narly QW, Pauly and anyone else I missed. My granddaughter showed me how to do a group face time call so we were able to get all the kids on one call. For us it was great to see them all at the same time! It’s challenging not to go stir crazy during this crazy time. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

"I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.” - Dr. Seuss

5:35am in Vermilion, Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) this morning with lots of snow to shovel, and still snowing! When is it going to end...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

My uncle’s wife had early onset Alzheimer’s. It can be quick when it’s early onset! My friend’s husband died of Lewy Body dementia a couple years ago, so I got the description of what that is like, and some of the characteristics of it. That was reasonably quick also, mercifully.

Your crocus photo sounds amazing, QW, what with the crisp background illuminating the details of the petals. You worked hard for it too!

I appreciated yesterday’s quote. I did not appreciate my brother enough, and now he’s gone. Although I appreciated him the last time I was with him, and basked in the delight of his presence. But then he totally misinterpreted something I said and left abruptly, leaving me totally confused. So I kept asking my daughter, “Why was he mad? Why did he leave so suddenly?” She didn’t pick up on it and thought everything was fine, and I let that false assurance placate me for awhile; thinking I must be being too analytical again. But it still made me feel...sad & scared, and lacking confidence. I would think each week after that of texting him about this or that, but then would think, “No, that might set him off.” Traumatized people who get in a bad place sure can be touchy. Like, I want to reach out, but I don’t want to make things worse!
                          I did get daughter to invite him over one more time after that late January visit, for early February, but he declined. And now he’s gone forever.

I’m heading up to his apartment today to pack some things, and then will babysit Beckett for three days while D1 starts back to work! (at home) Didn’t think I’d be allowed, but I guess they want me to.

I didn’t realize that burglaries would be a fallout from this too!! But, I suppose all the vacated buildings leaves an opportunity for burgers to strike.

Drifty, that’s wonderful that you are waking up happy and with a month in already!

24 more hours sober for me, please.
                          Last edited by Slo; April 6, 2020, 08:16 AM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Dill, that's absolutely horrible about the church! Very sad, they said on the news that crime in Vegas is actually down-im shocked, especially cuz of the kinds of people who live here, Slo, stop second guessing, I do it ALL the time still even 3 years later but it doesn't help, it helped me for a bit to be mad at him for a bit, I dunno everyone copes different, have fun with the baby 6:08 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats on 4 weeks Drifty!

Slo, I’m glad you’ve got 3 days of Beckett therapy ahead! Nothing like spending time with grandbabies to make you feel great.

We had a great visit with our kids and grandkids via Face Time yesterday and then last evening, Mrs QW read a bedtime story to our granddaughter. Not the same as a real visit and a hug but the next best thing these days.

Stay safe and af everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill, so sorry about your church.

ABC, I love Dr. Seus. He was such a genius.

Slo, have fun with Beckett. I'm a little surprised your kids want you to come into their home during this time. Two of our gkids have bdays this week. One family didn't even consider a party and the other informed us by text yesterday they were having a party(x-dil). I responded asking why they weren't social distancing. She responded, "We are family". I reminded them family can spread it too. The thread went silent after that. We won't be going. Sad but it's too chancy. I'd like us all to come out on the other side of this alive! Ugh

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X