~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's so nice to hear from everybody and see everyone is coping reasonably well as we navigate thru these difficult times. It is definitely a perk not to be dealing with a hangover each day as we face the current situation!

Slo, I'm with Pauly: try to stop the second guessing. It gets you nowhere! I have a SIL that I have to be careful with because she misinterprets. so many things. I think some people just see things thru a damaged lens.

I've used facetime but never yet have used group facetime. That's pretty cool!

I absolutely loved the quote for today Cowboy!

24 more today please.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please. -6C in yyc at 9:04.

Dill, I have a hard time dealing with my SIL, ugh. What a pain in the ass.

Have a good one everybody.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks for another great quote cowboy! Love Dr.Suess!

Asking for another sober day for all of us!

Comment

“When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” - Malcolm S. Forbes

5:15am in Alberta, 24 more please and thanks...

-8C (18F) with snow falling again...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. It’s like we are living in some strange movie. People with masks and gloves not making eye contact. Hopefully this will be over soon. Hope we are flattening the curve. Wishing everyone a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Up early this morning as I knew I'd have more snow to shovel and then I'm leaving for Lloydminster shortly after 6am to pick up a boiler for an emergency replacement. The wholesaler is going to open up at 7 for me so that I can get everything I need, then an hour drive to the customer's. Good thing it's not too cold as they have been without heat or hot water since yesterday morning!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:53 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A mild start to the day so an early walk is planned. Jessie won’t complain!

Stay safe and have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Just hanging in there.....

Our neighbors initiated a virtual gathering last night. We all sat out in our yards and could see each other from 150 or so yards away and zoom conferenced. It was beautiful out and it was nice to chat with them. Such a surreal time.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

It looks like heaven to me, Ginger!

'nuther good quote, Cowboy. Perspective.... I hope you get those folks squared away soon. Of course, I know you will!

Rava, it does rather feel like we are living through one of those apocalyptic movies! Speaking of movies, I have another Netflix recommendation. It's a mini series called The English Game. It's a story about the origins of soccer. It's quite well done, IMO. If you're looking for something to help pass the time, try it out. I have been hearing about Tiger King and it is really popular so I tried it. I could barely get thru the first episode. To each their own I guess!

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Day 14 beer and cig free . 50% of sleep time is snoring. need to fix this

Comment

Good job [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]!

Things could be better right now, but they could also be a lot worse! Good quote cowboy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, I watched all of Tiger King. It was definitely different but I did enjoy it. Congrats Neo on 14 days. Thats huge and amazing that you can quit both vices! Another day of the same. I will probably walk or ride my bike today. Another 24 for me please and thanks. Nice picture Ginger and great way to keep in touch with others. . Saw this house on my bike ride yesterday and the flowers were amazing!!

Comment

“Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them.” - Norman Vincent Peale

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-5C (24F) this morning and no snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; April 8, 2020, 06:40 AM.

Comment

My! Those are beautiful flowers Rava. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Keep it going Neo! (Not the snoring.)

So sad we lost John Prine to Covid yesterday. He was a favorite of mine. May he rest in peace.

24 and there's so much more. Please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X