No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few hours to go on that boiler this morning, then they'll have heat and hot water, good thing they have a fireplace and lots of pots to heat water!

Good job on 2 weeks [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] and on your 1 month @DroftyAlison0!

Hope you're enjoying your time with Beckett [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!

Beautiful pics [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], flowers and green grass...sigh...

Did you hear what got taken at the Church [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? Getting pretty bad when people break into Churches to steal and vandalize!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:47 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I am enjoying my time with Beckett! What a gift. I’m glad I don’t have to do this full time anymore though. But with three of us tending to him, it’s good.

I have been spending time at my brother’s apartment too, trying to help sort, and trying to heal. My heart is aching that I didn’t handle it well, despite a sense of foreboding that he wasn’t doing well. Missed opportunities...like when I was up here in Feb., then daughter proposed going out to dinner at Olive Garden an hour beforehand! I had been asking her what she wanted to do for dinner for the whole previous 24 hours; use the Hello Fresh kit? Should I make something else? Then she proposes that when it’s too late to invite my brother to join us! And there we were suddenly eating out right near where he lives, as it turns out. Frustrating! It would have been a perfect opportunity to include him in a small, low-pressure way, and alleviate his loneliness. UGH!

Cowboy, you sure are involved in real service for helping people!

Neo, I salute you for tackling both at once! Drinking sure contributes to snoring, so that might improve with more time away.

Beckett is done with his cat nap now, so gotta go. He’s 3 months old today!

Another AF day please.
        Last edited by Slo; April 8, 2020, 08:16 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Beautiful moon this morning! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great milestones in the Cafe - Drifty 1 month and Neo 2 weeks. Well done!

As if being self isolating isn’t bad enough, I slipped and fell on ice yesterday and I really need to see my chiropractor to get my neck, back, hips and knees back in place but he’s not an essential service so his office is closed. My right knee is about twice it’s normal size. Hopefully an ice pack will help.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Day 15, Someone said 3M microfibre tape over mouth stops snoring

Comment

1 month for me and I pledge for another 24 hours.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry about your fall QW! Not good so soon after surgery! Hope that you heal quickly!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I forgot to mention Cowboy, I liked yesterday's quote and think it is very wise. We all need something to aim for and what we are aiming for is so important. Like aiming to be af, for instance!

Neo, you were joking about the 3M tape, right?

Slo, please don't angst over the missed chance to include your brother. It was just one of those things. Please don't put so much pressure on yourself. Your brother was responsible for himself, as you are for yourself. :hug:

QW, if you don't find relief for your knee I think you really should go to the emergency room. You may need x-rays. I don't know what it is like in your area, but where I live, although they are encouraging people to put off elective procedures, they are still open to help emergency cases and I heard a local doctor on tv the other day telling people it is safe to come to the hospital if they need to.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” - Michael Jordan

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-10C (14F) this morning, looks like it'll be a nice day ahead...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry about your fall QW hubs is missing his chiropractor too Slo, glad you're there to help with the baby 4:52 am in Vegas another 24.
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW, please see a doc about that knee. As we all know, putting off treatment when needed only makes it worse.

Great job Drifty and Neo for staying strong and adding up those days!

That quote is a good reminder not to let obstacles stop us from our goals, ABC. Thanks!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

I called my chiropractor yesterday and will be seeing him this morning! He said he’s still treating patients who might otherwise end up at emergency and the hospitals are dealing with enough right now. The swelling on my knee went down and is mostly gone although it still hurts to walk. I will go to emergency to have the knee looked at if he recommends.

Stay safe everyone and have a great af Thursday.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more hours, please & thank you.

I’m so sorry about your fall, QW! Ice is so dangerous! It’s unfortunate that there’s ice in April, but, it’s snowing here too! So glad you have your chiropractor available, and the ER if necessary.

We’re supposed to clean everything out of my brother’s apartment this weekend, but luckily a bro-in-law sounded the voice of reason this morning about COVID19 reaching its peak in our state, so not a good idea; so I was able to jump in and say let’s get his lease extended for at least another month.
                              Doctor-Boy bro is spearheading taking care of dead bro’s affairs, and it mystifies me that he could care less about the Coronavirus. I mean wtf he’s a practicing family medicine physician. And Mom always sides with him, so I had no voice when I tried to speak up about not gathering together right after K’s death, and certainly not at the home of two 70+ -ers! But I was overruled.
                              At least this should be cancelled now. Thankfully, because I am just not up for it yet. My brother died 3 weeks ago today, right about at this time.

Yes, it was just one of those things, Dill, but it was one of those things that went wrong at a critical time when he needed to be reached out to!
                              He was responsible for himself, but he was losing his grip on reality due to too much isolation, so he needed just that type of reaching out from someone else.
                              Wish one of my four other siblings would have been keeping in touch with him, but none did; and really wish our mother was the type who called or communicated with her children regularly -but she most certainly is not. That left me, and I managed to botch it due to such things, despite good intentions; and more time went by without contact than I had realized. I do feel terrible that I dropped a ball that I was meaning to keep in the air.
                              It turns out, according to the investigation, that he had had a couple of ...paranoid psychotic episodes a couple of years ago -confrontations accusing others of spying on him and bugging his place. And this time he was googling anxiety medications, but hadn’t actually gotten on anything yet...they think he might have been having a psychotic break, as is sure doesn’t look like he was carefully planning out a suicide. *Sigh*

Still with Beckett! I’ll go home tonight. Thankfully he’s taking a good nap now. He’s growing before my eyes! Happy I can be of help to D1 as she gets back to work.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 please, +10C in yyc, so nice out.

Sorry about your fall QW and glad the Chiro will see you.

SLO, it sounds like a complicated situation and I agree, please do not be too hard on yourself. Big hug from me.

Have a good one everybody.
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X