X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

7:46pm.
    another 24 for me.

is it okay that i still come back here ?? sheesh. i should put more time in here.
    but i won’t ever forget the friends i made here. and the support i received.
    COWBOY!!! my dear friend!! how are you ???????
    all my other wonderful friends who (maybe) remember me. how are you all doing ?!?

i hope you’re all well. staying strong. healthy. and staying inside.
    i miss you all.

x.bri.x

edit. i just seen the congrats on my four years last year. *sniff*thanks for remembering me. especially you cowboy. means a lot to me. i am so sorry i never stopped in. i should have. .
    Last edited by briseus; April 9, 2020, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Hi bri!
      [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]..please don't be too hard on yourself. There certain things that we have no control over, and we beat ourselves up by thinking shoulda, woulda, coulda. Try to move on and enjoy those special times with Beckett! :huggies:

Thanks for another great quote cowboy!

QW....hope that you're chiropractor can help you out!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“It's not a terrible thing that we feel fear when faced with the unknown. It is part of being alive, something we all share.” - Pema Chodron

6:00am in Vegreville, Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

2C (35F) this morning, our first spring morning above the freezing mark!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Last edited by abcowboy; April 10, 2020, 07:33 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hi Bri glad you stopped in. QW, hows that right knee today? Hope you are feeling better. Neo I need the tape not for snoring but eating! UGH. Slo, glad you are spending time with Beckett. Sorry your brothers situation is so complicated. Don’t be hard on yourself. You did what you could and even if you invited him to dinner that last time he probably would have said no. Hope everyone is doing well in this pandemic. I totally forgot to post yesterday. I think the days are literally blending together! Hope everyone has a great one. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

thanks friends hope you’re all well today!
            -8c here today. brrrr.

Comment

I figured you just got busy [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], days are blending into days, and weeks into weeks, welcome to my world lol.

Great to see you again [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]! You shouldn't be a stranger, your chair is always reserved for you here!

How's the knee this morning [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? Hopefully your bone crusher will be able to relieve your other aches and pains, but be careful on the knee eh!

I know all about cleaning out a place after a death [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], it's not easy, but try to remember the good times you shared with your brother. People deal with grief in so many different ways, I know when my mom died and my brother and I had to deal with the estate and the house, we just got through the funeral, and immediate things that had to be dealt with, then we just locked the house up and left it for 3 months. It gave us time to accept mom's passing, and when we got back to cleaning out the house and all of her things, we just shared all the good times we shared in the house with our parents and other brothers...

Is hubs getting in any hours at work [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] or is he in isolation as well?

Any "virtual" plans for Easter with the kids and grandkids [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? I do appreciate one thing about Covid, it has taught me that I always need to make time for my kids! Our regular Sunday evening Zoom get togethers are something I look forward to!

I came over to Veg yesterday afternoon to spend Easter weekend with Bubba and Hank. We plan on doing a big turkey supper for ourselves tomorrow with leftovers for Easter Sunday. And I'm going to make a huge pot of turkey and rice soup, then freeze it in smaller containers so that Bubba and I can have yummy soup whenever we want!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi bri!! Got your pm, and think I was typing out my post as you were pm'ing me lol. How is the Covid affecting your area? I could type out a few paragraphs about it, but suffice to say it's pretty much business as usual for me lol.
                Last edited by abcowboy; April 10, 2020, 07:37 AM.

Comment

hey [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - phew !! i was worried for a minute there !!
                  it’s not too bad...not like in a lot of places. i’m still working. so is my partner. but a lot of places are closed. gotta stay home. you know, the usual.
                  it’s a pretty scary time that’s for sure.
                  is it the same over your way ?

so glad to be here and see all these familiar.....names!

i’ll tell you tho...with this quarantine, my neighbors above me are driving me BONKERS. they are SO LOUD. haha

Comment

Speaking of the virus, I wonder how long it will be before people start to get stir crazy and start defying the lockdown orders, especially the younger generation. I'm fortunate that I can get out and tend to emergency situations like the boiler I just replaced, and hopefully in the next month or so it will be time to get the combines out and finish up last year's harvest, then carry on with seeding this year's crops. But to look at possibly being house bound for the next few months will definitely start getting to people...

Comment

Hi, Bri!

ABC, I was just saying that yesterday, "how long will it be before people crack and just say "f" it, I'm going to get out and go?" I fear around here it's pretty close! No plans to virtual visit the fam. We talk every day anyway so I'm not feeling too isolated from them.

QW, hope you're feeling better this morning.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I was so happy to see my chiropractor yesterday. Funny, he’s only allowed to see emergency cases by appointment but the liquor stores and cannabis dispensaries keep regular hours. Doesn’t make sense to me.
                        Anyway, he was a huge help in adjusting everything that was out of alignment. He thinks he can alleviate the pain in my knee and wants to see me again Monday to follow up. I took Jessie for a short walk yesterday afternoon, it did us both good.
                        Thanks for the thoughts and wishes!

Nice that you have plans with Bubba for the weekend. Having turkey is something to look forward to, the leftovers being the best part in my opinion!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I don't think people will keep up the isolating for a whole lot longer. We're all going stir crazy, plus most can't afford it to go on and on, We have a daily covid briefing each day on TV given by the governor and his colleagues. I was watching yesterday and I kept wondering why I kept hearing some loud sounds off camera. It sounded like a wailing baby and shouting. Well, it turns out it was a group of rather loud protestors calling for the governor to end the shut down! They maintained 6 feet between themselves, but they were clearly displeased at not being able to get back to work!

Glad you got to see your chiropractor, QW and that you are on the mend.

Good to see you Bri!

Rava, I need some 3M tape for my mouth too! I've been eating way too much since the shut down started!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I think we’re seeing the new normal until a vaccine is developed for Covid-19. Hopefully elected officials don’t cave to the protesters but listen to the medical experts. I’d rather do what a doctor/scientist says than anything a politician says. Doctors and scientists aren’t as motivated by money and special interest groups!

Getting back to work, getting back to school, being able to travel again would be nice but until we have a cure, this virus will continue making people seriously ill and sadly killing many.

Being in isolation or self distancing is a pain but if we do this right, it will be short term pain for long term gain for everyone.

I had a laugh this morning when I saw a picture of Dr Now from My 600 Pound Life followed by a comment that he’s the doctor we’ll be needing when this virus is over!!

I had a nice long walk with Jessie this afternoon and wore a brace on my knee. It worked great.

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; April 10, 2020, 08:53 PM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad that your knew is feeling a little better QW!

I was just thinking the same thing cowboy regarding people being angry about these stay at home orders. They've even closed the golf courses around here and that's really going to piss people off! Seems that it wouldn't be too hard to stay 6 feet apart on the course, and they can sanitize the carts before and after each use. I think that you're much more likely to catch something in the grocery store!

I'm more worried about the effects that all this is going to have on the economy. I think that it's going to be similar to coming out of the basement after a tornado and seeing all of the devastation caused by the storm. Hard to stay positive during all of this, but I'm trying.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post

Being in isolation or self distancing is a pain but if we do this right, it will be short term pain for long term gain for everyone.

I had a laugh this morning when I saw a picture of Dr Now from My 600 Pound Life followed by a comment that he’s the doctor we’ll be needing when this virus is over!!

I had a nice long walk with Jessie this afternoon and wore a brace on my knee. It worked great.

QW
                                I was talking with a friend on the phone yesterday and she said she had heard someone say that when this is over they won't know where to go first: Weight Watchers or AA! So true!

Cowboy, thank you for a week of great nuggets of wisdom. I'll be up for QD starting tomorrow but you will be a tough act to follow.

I visited the newbies nest this morning for the first time in ages and found it to be an active place full of good posts. I used to post in the newbies nest years ago and I am glad to see a lot of long termers write there to give encouragement and guidance. But I found that personally, I just can't dwell on the addiction and the struggle anymore. I don't want to spend my time that way. I am glad some long timers are willing to do that for the newbies, but for me it is almost like being stuck forever in that trap I worked so hard to free myself from. I just can't do it.

Easter tomorrow but it will be a quiet one. I will miss having the grandkids over for our egg hunt and dinner. Today Mr. D and I are dropping off a carefully prepared box of goodies for them to enjoy. We filled plastic eggs with treats and made a basket.

24 more for all of us please, and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X