~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and Happy Saturday. QW I hope your knee is healing. Cowboy, I love turkey!! Sounds like a perfect dinner then soup after. I can eat it in every way possible! Our grocery store sells turkey parts and I love to put them in my air fryer. See its all about food now. HAHA. Hope everyone has a good day and stays positive. This will not last forever! Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

“Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish them.” – Unknown

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-9C (16F) this morning in Veg, clouds have moved out and lots of stars shining brightly...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well they say it 12-14 months til they develop a vaccine and that would be a rushed miracle, do you really think people can go on like this for a year or more straight? Sure retired people don't hafta worry as much but there's people out here struggling to pay rent, buy groceries, etc 5:09 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I’m watching the show on Netflix that you recommended, Dill: ‘The English Game’. It’s pretty good! Thanks for the recommendation.

Your turkey feast sounds excellent, Cowboy, and the soup too.
          That is great that you have established a weekly chat with all your kids over Zoom! And who knows, maybe the established habit will even continue after all this is over.

What a relief that there’s no permanent damage from your fall, QW.

Yeah, true he might’ve declined the dinner invitation to Olive Garden, Rava -but at least he would’ve been reached out to!

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
          I feel the need to take a break from posting for awhile.
          24 more AF for today please. And may they long continue for all of us!
          Last edited by Slo; April 11, 2020, 07:58 AM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I'm feeling the same way, Jude. What will we look like when this is over?

Hate to see you go, Slo. Please come back when you're ready.

Thanks for the great week of quotes, ABC.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, please check in with us from time to time. You know your friends are here for you. Stay well, stay safe and stay af! Sending you a big hug!

Dill, I used to post in the Nest on a regular basis. I still read what’s going on there periodically but for the same reasons you mention, I limit my posting to the Cafe. It is great to see some of the long term abstainers still there providing guidance to the Newbies though! They do a great service.

Pauly, the stresses us retired folks are under may be different than what younger people are facing but we are under stress too. Many of us are providing financial support to our kids and grandkids. We’re worried about their future and we’re frustrated because we can’t see them. And I bet many seniors are struggling with paying rent and buying groceries.

We’re back to winter here this weekend with snow and cold temperatures. Enuf!

Have a great af Saturday everyone and do what you can to keep Dr Now at bay!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I was sad to read that you need a break [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], but I think we all get to feeling that way from time to time. I know I did a few weeks back, but I also realized that I needed to stay close to you guys, my support group, now more than ever. Just remember that we’re here for you, any time you need us! We are friends, we are family, and most important, we are all in this together…

The world as we know it will never be the same I fear. We are learning new ways to live, and some of those new ways will stay with us. Many businesses will not survive, and many will never re-open. Lots of people will be out of work for a long time because of the lost businesses. It sure doesn’t paint a good picture for the future, but humankind is resilient and will continue to adapt, to change, and to help and support one another. The past few months have shown us how well people from all walks of life can work together, and work together we will! We’ll get through this with a better appreciation of life, of gratitude, and knowing that we can get through anything if we take it one day at a time...

And on a more cheerful note, it’s cake day in the Cafe tomorrow!!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION].....I know that you have been under a lot of stress lately, and I understand that you need a break. Please check in now and again to let us know that you are OK! Take care of yourself and don't give in to the AV when it comes calling!

Looking forward to breakfast today cowboy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life,
                    a better world, beyond the horizon.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Happy Easter, everyone! Time to make way for the new, and the better.

Slo, I understand needing a break, but I do hope you don't stay away too long.

We took our box of Easter treats over to my son and grandkids yesterday. It was a warm enough spring day to visit with them for a while. We stayed outside and we stayed several feet apart while we visited. The hardest part was not giving a hug when we said goodbye! This too shall pass. Without the bad times, we wouldn't be able to appreciate the joy of the good times.

Cowboy, thanks for the positive message. I too have faith in humankind and in a brighter future to come. May it come quickly!

24 more please for all of us.
                    Last edited by dill; April 12, 2020, 04:52 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Easter Cafe. Slo, Please check back when you’re ready. We are here for you. Hope everyone has a good AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-11C (12F) in Veg this morning, Happy Easter y'all!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Breakfast is ready, still take-out...sigh...

Comment

As I mentioned yesterday, it's cake day!
                            Huge congrats [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] on 6 years AF!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats Narilly on 6 years af!! Well done!

Dill, so nice you got to see your family! We’ve been doing Skype and Face Time with ours. We’re a family of huggers so not being able to is tough. Hearing my granddaughter say “I sure love you Granddad” always makes my day!

Much of yesterday was spent in the kitchen baking bread and cooking supper which consisted of roast beef and veggies done in our Dutch oven. While my culinary talents pale compared to Cowboy’s, I was happy with the way the meal turned out. When Mrs QW complimented me I used a line my Mom often said, “you’re just saying that because you didn’t make it yourself”!

Sunny but cool here this morning. There’s a long walk in our future this morning.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

Qaw
                              Last edited by Quit wining; April 12, 2020, 08:58 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Easter everyone. We didn't even buy our gkids Easter stuff because i wasnt sure about taking them stuff we touched. I'm hoping to make this up to all of them once it's over.

Happy 6th anniversary, Nar!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X