~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Ginger, I know what you mean about being nervous about taking things to the grandkids, but we packed the box several days ago and I don't think corona virus lasts more than a couple of days on paper and cardboard. Besides I washed thoroughly before assembling it. But I am sure you will make it up to them in due course!

QW that roast sounds yummy!

Cowboy, thanks for the yummy breakfast. Also, I was wondering yesterday why you said today was going to be a cake day. I thought maybe it was in honor of Easter. I had no idea it was a 6 Year Celebration!

Congrats on SIX YEARS, Narilly!!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats on 6 years nar! :celebrate:

I was a little down when I woke up this morning, but then I heard the peepers (tree frogs) and it instantly cheered me up!

I had to work yesterday, but hubs made a nice ham dinner, which was really nice to come home to!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Promise me you'll always remember:
        You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

-- A. A. Milne

Jude, What a cheerful sound! A real spirit lifter. So good of Mr. J to bake a ham and make dinner for you yesterday on Easter. Sorry you had to work. We tried to get ham for yesterday but I guess there wasn't any left on Saturday when we were scheduled to be able to pick up our grocery order. I was afraid that would happen. We had "ham"burgers instead! They were good and went nicely with my home made potato salad.

Have a great AF Monday everyone.

24 more please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; April 13, 2020, 05:41 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats on 6 years Nar! That’s a great accomplishment. Hope everyone had a nice Easter Sunday. Thanks for the breakfast Cowboy! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:55am in Vegreville, Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-18C (0F) this morning, so much for spring...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I decided to stay over one more night with Bubba and Hank, it was Easter Sunday after all! Zoomed with the kids for 2 hours last night, interesting to hear how people are coping in the different areas... But it's back to work today, a few small jobs to do this week, then another wait and see...

Two great quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! We will be stronger, braver, and smarter when we come out the other side of this pandemic, ready to forge out a better world for all of us...

Ham and potatoes was always what my mom made on Easter [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Lucky you to come home to a meal like that!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quotes Dill, thanks. Hamburgers and home made potato salad - my favourite summer supper. Now if only the weather was summer like!

Spring is my favourite season. I especially love to see birds return. Yesterday in anticipation of tree swallows returning, I put up the bird house. Every year we’ve been here we’ve had a pair make their nest in the bird house and we’ve enjoyed watching them as they raise their young.

Jessie wanted to herd two geese we saw on our walk yesterday. I don’t think she knows they would beat her up if she got close.

Back to see the bone cruncher this morning, a nice change from being stuck in the house.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Quiet Easter around here for sure! Talked with all the kids. Dang, I miss their hugs! Took a 4 mile walk and drove to the mountains. Sat out and watched the sunset. It was a reminder of how blessed we are even in these uncertain times.

24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thank you everyone!!! I totally forgot, duh.

I was so surprized to see the congratulations when I logged in,lol.

I would not have been here if it wasn't for you guys, thank you for all your help and support.

Yippee! This made my day.

Another 24 please, a sunny day in yyc, going up to +2C.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks for yesterday's quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Very positive! Hamburger and homemade potato salad sounds like a great Easter dinner! Maybe that's what we'll have tonight.

Last night I had some powerful cravings for a glass of wine. One of the most important tools that I have learned is to fast forward and picture how I would feel the next morning. So glad that I didn't cave and was able to wake up today guilt free. Such a relief!

These are tough times and it would be so easy to use it as an excuse to pick up the bottle again, but we all know where that would lead us.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.
                        -- A. C. Benson

Many times people will move from one place to another to get a fresh start. The hope is that things will be better in a new place. And this is not an unreasonable expectation. Unless the thing that caused the need for the fresh start moves along with that person. I remember long ago my dad saying, "People don't change." I believed he was right about nearly everything and so that stuck with me. When I began to realize that I needed to stop drinking to excess every day those words came back to me. I reconciled them by learning that he was right, people at essence do not change. But they can change a behavior. I am still me and haven't changed essentially. But I have let go of a very bad habit. One that was taking me down and that would have taken me down if I stayed here or if I moved to anyplace else. And letting go of it allowed me to know myself better.

Well done to you Jude on avoiding that "glass" of wine.

Cowboy, I was reading an article yesterday by one of my favorite thinkers, Andrew McCarthy. In the article he was talking about different types of wisdom. But the article contained a piece that brought you to mind. It might not be you exactly, but I am sure you can relate to it:

An appreciation of practical knowledge accrues from watching central-heating mechanics come out in the evening to troubleshoot the unit on the roof, battling the roof grade, the ice, and the dark while pitting their own acquired knowledge in a war with the latest computerized wiring board of the new heating exchange unit that proves far more unreliable than the 20-year-old model it replaced.
                        Humility is key to learning, but it is found more easily from a wealth of diverse existential experiences on the margins. It is less a dividend of the struggle for great success versus greater success still, but one of survival versus utter failure.

24 more for all of us please.
                        Last edited by dill; April 14, 2020, 05:23 AM. Reason: addition
                        Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Good job on no wine Jude! And great quote Dill changing ourselves is where we find our inner peace. Not necessarily changing our location. Hope everyone has a good and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:40am in Vermilion, Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-10C (13F) this morning with a snow/rain mix in the forecast for the next couple of days...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good job on not caving to the urge [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Nothing good comes from having that drink...

Another great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], often times it's just an attitude adjustment that can change us, and the world around us! I've spent many hours up on a roof in blizzards and freezing cold trying to troubleshoot a problem with a rooftop unit lol. Education can only go so far and then experience takes over!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; April 14, 2020, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Well done Jude on not caving. It’s never just one glass, as we know.

Another day of hunkering down and social distancing.

Stay well, stay safe and stay af!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X