Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good job, Jude!

Dill, the quote and your thoughts on it are spot on. Thank you for sharing!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please, 9:13 in yyc going to 8C today.

Jude, as you know it is never 'just one' , really I could never understand the point of just one anyway. I wrote out two of my last drunks in my notes on my phone and when I feel like I am going to cave I read those notes. That really helps to remind me how I have no control over my AL consumption.

Dill- thank you for the quote.

Thank you everyone for being here and don't drink today.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Loved the quote yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Moving from one place to another without inner change does no good. You still take the baggage with you, both literally and figuratively.

I agree [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION].....one drink is never enough. I used to enjoy that sense of peace and well being that came after a couple of glasses of wine. Sadly, I could never stop there, and those warm and fuzzy feelings soon turned into lethargy and depression.

Another 24 please and thank you!
        Last edited by Jude58; April 15, 2020, 03:24 AM.

Comment

It's hard to know where we are going if we don't know where we have been.
          --Brian C. Joondeph

I lifted that quote from an essay I was reading yesterday. It was actually about the coronavirus but when I read this quote it made me think of how true that is for us. We shouldn't dwell on the past but we must remember it and keep our destination in mind. Just like you said [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] when you told us you keep your last drunks in a note on your phone.

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Looking forward to joining in, with Mrs QW, a webinar about sleep issues which affect many with Parkinson’s, including Mrs QW. Sleep issues have a major impact on many people with Parkinson’s.

We’re in the process of switching insurance providers for both home and auto. The agency we’ve dealt with for the past 6 years have provided little service although have been quick to defend the outrageous annual increases inflicted on their customers. Last years increase on the house policy was 125% despite the fact we’ve had no claims. Couldn’t be because the higher the premiums the more their share is, could it? I haven’t always been this cynical folks, honest. Being able to deal with this alcohol free is so much easier!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone. Stay safe!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another good quote, Dill and so true. Reminds me of that quote, “Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.”

My younger sister snuck out yesterday. We stayed out side and stayed 10ft a part. It was so good to see her in real life. When this is over, we are planning a sister trip. It gives us something to look forward to!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please at 2:06 in yyc.

"those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it" Good one Ginger.

Have a good one.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

More snow on the ground this morning, but at least it will melt quickly. Wish that the corona virus would go away as well! :hanging:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

When you look on the bright side, you're acknowledging that there is a dark side at which you are choosing not to gaze. If you think that the darkest hour is before the dawn, you accept that you are moving from darkness to light.
                        --Srikumar Rao

This recent cold snap has hit Mr. D's fruit trees awfully hard. Just a few days ago he was looking at a bumper crop of peaches, pears and apples. Now it will be lucky if we get just a few. That's Ohio for you!

The crescent moon this morning was such a delightful sight. I hope you all got to see it.

Jude, I don't think corona is going anywhere fast. And in fact all the social distancing and staying at home is to slow its progress and is actually prolonging its spread. I think it's time to start getting back to business but carefully and thoughtfully. The old and the vulnerable will have to continue staying away from possible infection. I hope they can come up with a vaccine, and quickly!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; April 16, 2020, 05:20 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the quote this morning Dill. I agree that it’s time to get back to work. I wish they could get the antibody test out there and let those people go back to work. Our state is making you wear a mask when entering any retail store. I think maybe that would not be a bad idea and open things back up slowly. Staying confined for long periods of time is damaging to our mental health. UGH. Anyway, another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] Ginger999 [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My past had taught me a lot about who I am, and it has helped form the stepping stones towards my future. It's not always easy looking on the bright side of things, but it's a darn sight better than dwelling on the dark and gloomy!

This whole virus and flattening the curve has got me wondering... It seems that "those in charge" concede that people are going to get sick, but they need to slow the spread so that the health facilities and workers will be able to handle the worst of it. But by flattening the curve, aren't we just prolonging it? Maybe it's just those who are most vulnerable that need protecting...

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                                My past had taught me a lot about who I am, and it has helped form the stepping stones towards my future. It's not always easy looking on the bright side of things, but it's a darn sight better than dwelling on the dark and gloomy!

This whole virus and flattening the curve has got me wondering... It seems that "those in charge" concede that people are going to get sick, but they need to slow the spread so that the health facilities and workers will be able to handle the worst of it. But by flattening the curve, aren't we just prolonging it? Maybe it's just those who are most vulnerable that need protecting...
                                That's exactly what I was trying to say, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. The virus will run its course. All we have done is slow it down so our medical workers, resources, equipment and facilities wouldn't get overwhelmed. The old and the vulnerable must continue taking more stringent measures until they find a vaccine or medicines to treat it.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X