~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yup. All we are doing is prolonging this. We have so many nurses in the family and I'm glad they haven't been inundated but even they are saying we need to protect the vulnerable and let this thing take its course. Herd immunity needs to be built because we can't continue like this until a vaccine has been created. Hopefully, those in charge will decide to open things up soon in an appropriate manner.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful, sunny start to the day. Might just have to barbecue steaks for supper tonight.

The Parkinson webinar on sleep issues was very informative. Mrs QW has a better understanding of why she experiences some of the problems like restless leg syndrome. It would be nice if science could find a cure for PD.

And it would be nice if a vaccine could be developed to eliminate Covid-19. Being able to enjoy some of the things we took for granted before would be nice. Thank goodness dog walking hasn’t been banned as I’d go crazy for sure!

Stay safe and af everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, at 9:07 in yyc. Going to be a nice sunny day today, I will be BBQing too Cowboy.

Have a good one everyone and don't drink today.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
          But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
          --Winston Churchill

This famous quote was said June 18, 1940 during a very dark hour of WWII. Our governor brought it forward to today's war with Covid during his daily afternoon update to the people of Ohio. During the update he talked about beginning to take steps to reopen the economy here in Ohio, very gradually and very carefully. He said he felt like this quote, a favorite of his, perfectly described where we stand right now.

QW, I too am grateful for being able to take walks. Such a simple activity we took for granted before is now seen as a great gift! I worry for so many who are not in good circumstances right now and are losing hope. Perhaps another Churchill quote applies as well:

If you are going through hell, keep going.

We will get thru this!

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I agree with you you dill and cowboy! We do need to start reopening society gradually while at the same time protecting those most vulnerable to the virus. I don't think that the economy and people's mental health can take much more of this. Here in N.Y. you are allowed to put a canoe or kayak in the water but no motorized boats can use the launches. WTF?

Thanks for the great quotes so far this week dill....very inspiring!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

It sounds like they are starting to plan on a gradual reopening of the country. Our governor says we have to wear masks when we enter any retail store so I started cutting out material and when I get home, I will sew masks for anyone that needs one. Keeps my mind busy. No drinking for me today. Hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes, it's good to see things opening up a bit, but in a slow, controlled way. One thing that the past 6 or 8 weeks has taught us, we have to remain calm in the face of the storm. Panic and hysteria serves no purpose when trying to get through things like this...
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Argh... lost my post.

QW, glad the webinar was helpful. Dill, thanks for the quotes!

24 more, PLEASE!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our 5 year old granddaughter Skyped with us yesterday on her new phone. She was allowed one call and she wanted to see us. After a great visit she said “Oh no, I’m down to 4%, got to go” And she was gone! Made my day.

Our local emergency services gave a big salute to essential workers yesterday by driving by retail outlets, medical clinics and our hospital with lights on and sirens blaring. Well done fire, police and ambulance. And a big thank you to you too for keeping us safe!

It was 14C yesterday when I barbecued steaks for supper. Some good!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
                        But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
                        --Winston Churchill

Thanks Dill

I hope we can start to open up slowly and in a controlled manner, that would be so nice.

QW, walks are great! I go everyday with my dogs now that it is warming up.

Another 24 please, 9:13 in yyc.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

30°F and snowing with 2-4 inches expected. I heard one lonely peepers out there this morning. Bet he's cold!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.
                            --Helen Keller

It will take time but we will get past this. I don't know what changes will become permanent but there will be changes made. I don't think some of our customs like hugging and handshaking will be able to come back for a while. But they will eventually come back, I fully believe. It is too important to human nature and is a part of our cultural DNA.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday. Glad to see the US is starting to open slowly. Being confined day in and day out is hard in many ways. Hope everyone stays well and I will take another 24 please. It’s my turn to start quotes tomorrow and I don’t think I can find anything as good as others have quoted. I will do my best tho.

Comment

5:50am in Vegreville, Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X