~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy, thank you for the welcome and Wildflowers thank you for the suggestion for this thread as well as the gratitude thread. Another 24 please...

Comment

It is a quest indeed dill! And tomorrow's another adventure.
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

it's rainy here too, [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]. It's so nice to see everything turning green!
        I'd like to sign up for 24 hours of freedom. Thanks!
        "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
        “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

24 more please.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

“The forces within you are much greater than any force trying to contain you.”

6:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            paulywogg [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] [MENTION=8463]mario[/MENTION] abcowboy

Kim, I like to start my day here in the Club, and end my day being grateful. It's all about being committed to quitting and staying quit.
            Well, 7 hours of driving yesterday, and another 4 hours today to take Bubba's dad to his dementia check up! Good thing I don't mind driving lol.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wowzers, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Where do you have to go?! (If you don't mind sharing. I don't mean to over step.) That is such a long drive. It is good you can do it free and clear of al, and I'm sure Bubba is grateful.

24 more for me, please.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just a tad before 9 and the clouds are watering the garden here in NYC this morning. It just hit 80f the other day, now back to 52f. Overdo for that first cup of coffee.

That does seem an awful long drive Cowboy. Important but long. A nice long drive can certainly clear the head though.

Another 24 please.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 please,welcome Kim
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I guess I should clarify that, it's 2 hours into Edmonton, 45 minute appointment, then 2 hours back home again. It's a good thing they live between us and Edmonton or I'd have another day like yesterday lol.

He has an annual dementia progression check up, and an annual heart check up, both in Edmonton, and both at different times of the year. We tried to see if there was a way to get both appointments on the same day, but it just isn't possible. Neither Bubba or her mon like to highway or big city drive, and Bubba's brother lives 2 hours south of Edmonton where we both live east of the city, so I'm the go to guy when it comes to transportation.

Like you said though, I'm grateful that I'm driving without a hangover, it didn't used to be like that. A couple of years ago I would have got totally drunk last night just because I resented the fact that it was expected of me to do the driving!

Which reminds me [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], if I remember correctly, there is a Vermilion in Ohio, but spelled with 2 l's?
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] :welcome: to the 24hr club. So happy you've joined us. Really does help committing for just 24hrs of sobriety. For self and some of us, it's also moments within 24hrs . We can do it. Were stronger together and accountable to ea other. Have met many people who committed to 24 - AF hrs and now have several yrs of sobriety. 24 hrs is all were likely guaranteed. Lets all make it as positive as possible. We take the good with the bad and stay sober together. :thumbsup:

[MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] Love seeing everything turn green to. Lets hope for some sunshine soon to. :smile: Hope today is a good one.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] Hope your FIL's appt go's well today. Glad you like driving. Hubs does to. Thank you for going those extra miles for furnace parts. Am positive your customer is very grateful.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Agree that the Mrs's must be so grateful that her hubs is sober.

Waving hello to [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=21454]Sosb1[/MENTION] [MENTION=8463]mario [MENTION=22708]lloydlady[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION][/MENTION] and any one else who wants to commit to 24 AF hrs.
                      Last edited by Wildflowers; April 20, 2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Wildflowers!

Another 24 please. Moving happily towards day 60.

Comment

Ha! I guess that makes much more sense, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! However, I found it believable that you would drive 11 hours one way if need be. Oh, the things we do for love! I appreciated you telling it like it was in the past, driving hung-over and drinking over the resentment of being expected to drive. Our thinking is surely fractured when al rules the roost, isn't it.

Vermilion, Ohio is with just one "l". It's in the northern part of the state not far from where I grew up. I grew up in a western suburb of Cleveland.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Paulywogg - thank you for the welcome and Wildflowers and abcowboy thank you for the encouraging words! It's good to be here. Another 24 hours please...

Comment

24 for me, please and thanks!
                              "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                              “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

24 more please .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X