No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's supposed to be [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] 's week for quotes, I messaged her but didn't hear back, so y'all might be stuck with 2 weeks of quotes from me lol.

It's kinda a special day for me in a number of ways, I'm 2000 days sober today, and 24 years ago today Bubba and I moved in together. We waited another 4 years before we made it legal, but it's still kind of an "anniversary" for us. It's also the birthday of my younger brother who passed away, he would have been 61 today but he died when he was 34. I'm going to enjoy, and be grateful for, today and all the years that have passed by, and look forward to what the future holds for me.

And speaking of future, yes [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Bubba, Hank, and I will be back to being a full-time family! It'll be a while before I'm all moved in here, I'm hoping that happens before harvest begins. I'll still have to go to Vermilion a few times a week to check on the house, cut grass, etc. until the house sells, and with the way the real estate market is, I'll be going back every time it snows throughout the winter. The farm is kind of the top point of a triangle between Vermilion and Vegreville [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], the distance from Vermilion to the farm is almost the same as Vegreville to the farm, maybe 5 minutes longer of a drive from Vegreville. Quite a bit more gravel to drive from Veg, but most of my travel for work is gravel roads anyway.

Have a great day everyone, and remember, it's just one more day on our journey forward...
    Last edited by abcowboy; July 5, 2020, 07:39 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

ABC, Hank is a sweet boy. Remind me, how old is he? Maybe we can just take a week off from quotes? I wouldn't mind. How about everyone else?

Mr V, it's so annoying when FB does that with adds. Try hitting the three dots in the upper right corner of the ad. You can say hide ad and a second "reason" box will pop up, select irrelevant and say done. If you do that a couple times FB learns not to post that particular type of ad.

Hope everyone has a great AF Sunday. I'm hungry, going to get me a plate of ABC's pancakes!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Omgosh!! I almost forgot.... ABC, congrats on 2000 days! That's so awesome. And congrats on 24 years with Bubba! Losing a sibling would be so very hard. Thinking about you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats Cowboy on 2000 days af! You are truly an inspiration. And thanks for another awesome brekkie!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow, Cowboy! 2000 Days! What a milestone! Well done. I'm so glad to here celebrating with you. I feel kinda bad that you had to make the breakfast today. We should have turned the tables and made breakfast for you!

If you don't hear from Slo Cowboy, maybe we should just drop her from the rotation. You do your week and I'll come along after. I can also go along with Ginger's suggestion of letting go if that's what most agree to. But I admit it is hard to break with tradition...

Mr. V now that the Reds are going to be playing some will you have some free lance opportunities?

Mr. D has his torn meniscus repaired this Wednesday. I'm so happy for him. He's been in so much pain for too long now. Today he had to have a Covid test as part of his preop. I would be absolutely shocked if he came out positive. We've been pretty careful.

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats cowboy on 2000 days, and thanks for breakfast yesterday! Hope that the house sells quickly for you and that things can get back to normal soon!

I agree with some of the others that it wouldn't be a bad thing to skip the quotes this week.

Dill...I hope that your husband's surgery goes well! Hopefully it will bring him some much needed pain relief!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Congrats cowboy on 2000 days, and thanks for breakfast yesterday! Hope that the house sells quickly for you and that things can get back to normal soon!

I agree with some of the others that it wouldn't be a bad thing to skip the quotes this week.

Dill...I hope that your husband's surgery goes well! Hopefully it will bring him some much needed pain relief!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

“The key is this: Meet today's problems with today's strength. Don't start tackling tomorrow's problems until tomorrow. You do not have tomorrow's strength yet. You simply have enough for today.”
                  - Max Lucado

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] got back to me and asked to be taken off the QD roster as she doesn't want to continue doing them. So I guess we can decide as a group if we want to take her out of the rotation and carry on, or should we drop the tradition completely? I know it's sometimes hard to find good quotes, and they all kinda start sounding the same, so maybe we should decide as a group what to do...

Hope Mr D's surgery goes smoothly [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Comment

I could not check into the cafe yesterday for some reason, all the other threads I read popped up(although it took forever) but no cafe I don't do quote duty so I have no say in it, I never volunteered just cuz I can't think of new ones but I think they're still relevant here, if Slo doesn't want to be part of this group anymore we can't twist her arm, upsetting cuz I had considered her a friendCowboy congrats on your 2000 days and I'm very happy you'll be closer to your family soon yay! Mr. V I never get ads for alcohol on mine, only a low carb group I'm in is always asking what booze is ok to drink, Dill, a few people in my hometown got fed up and threw their own parade, they called it a "protest" parade since protesting is completely fine and covid free, yet parades and other activities invite the virus, figure that one out! I was proud of them for sticking to their guns and doing something, just my opinion but government can't say one things ok and something else is not, 6:06 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll miss Slo. Hopefully, she'll be back.

Cowboy, that's a great quote! I know I struggle to find quotes that I feel are relevant. Feels like a test and I've always had test anxiety. Lol Maybe we should just randomly post a quote when one moves us? Honestly, I was thinking about opting out of QD but just couldn't figure out how to say it. 🙄

Dill, keep us posted on Mr. D. Thinking about you both.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I like Ginger’s suggestion of randomly posting a quote when we find one worth sharing. I’m glad others felt some pressure in coming up with quotes.

I hope Slo finds what she’s looking for. I thought it odd that her last post in the cafe was a fairly long vent and then she said all she was interested in was Roll Call.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

I worry that Slo left because of something I said. I said something about not giving in to feelings of resentment because of where it can take us. After I posted it I thought perhaps I should have just kept my thoughts to myself. I hope I didn't over-step. But I meant no harm. And as you say Pauly, we can't twist her arm into sticking with us!

Ginger, for the record, I thought you came up with some absolutely awesome quotes! :heartbeat: I think everyone does a fine job with it. :goodjob: But I think it sounds like time to do as Ginger has suggested. We can just post a quote when the spirit moves! It's definitely hard to keep coming up with quote material after all these years together.

Thanks for all your well wishes for Mr. D. I'll let you know how it goes.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I’m sure what you said had nothing to do with her decision to leave the Cafe. She was dealing with several issues I think. Please don’t be hard on yourself, you did nothing wrong in my opinion.

I thought she was singling me out because I commented on my walks with Jessie and reported the weather conditions!

People will come & go in the Cafe. For those who want to enjoy the comradery of the Cafe, great, we all benefit from sharing our journey. But if someone doesn’t want to be here, then by all means leave. And I’m sure we wish everyone who leaves well.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

I was Up North for nearly a week with no WiFi, and often No Service, so I wasn’t checking in at all. So I missed Cowboy’s PM.

I like Ginger’s idea of posting a quote when inspiration strikes! Another option would be once a week.

It was a family weekend with all four daughters, plus my twin sister. Beautiful weather!!
                                Sis got surly & mean towards me all of a sudden early on though, so that was a bad start. But she gets nicer once she starts pouring vodka into her endless cup.

This time and also two weeks ago up there, daughter with the baby has told me “You can’t do such-and-so with a baby.” Then, as I’m pondering the rightness of these blanket statements, and before I can speak my side & my thoughts, she starts in with “You’re not listening to me!” That is not okay!” You’re going to do it again -I can tell!” “You have to promise me.” All this shaming & these accusations. Like as if I’ve never taken care of a baby before!
                                So I’ve just about had it with this grandma business, and told her to take care of her own baby! Except then I miss the little guy. I don’t agree with everything she does either! Like, I wouldn’t feed a baby that age a lemon wedge, nor take it tubing behind a boat!

So, fam-damily time was just ok. I appreciate the influence of a son-in-law who is an active parent to the baby, so HB can see this, and he now helps with the baby too, instead of acting like that’s not masculine.
                                I appreciate these helpful sons-in-law who are active participants in cooking and cleaning. And they introduce in new foods that HB would balk at if it was my idea and veto! But, they are allowed to make them anyways.
                                I like that the one brought in a new game that we can play, instead of HB keeping his stranglehold on his one & only card game.
                                Otherwise, I’m standing my ground, and moving towards a pure democracy of not allowing the majority of cleaning, cooking, & laundering to fall onto me in any way, shape, or form anymore! We are all adults.

Still have some daughters being snappish, and some being patronizing; and a couple who just love to thwart me.
                                For example, for 25 years I have been trying to cut down on all the wasted water bottles and soda cans that only have one gulp out of them, and then are abandoned. So this year my method was to have each person use a different Koozie as a way to keep track of their drink. So the twin daughters made sure to dig their heels in and silently refuse to use them, and so keep losing & wasting plastic water bottles. It’s fun for them to sabotage me like that. But, I stand up for myself now, as well as I can.

Still kind of wearing to be around all that holiday drinking, but not nearly as hard as it used to be. I am at peace with it.

Another 24 more hours AF please!
                                Last edited by Slo; July 6, 2020, 10:03 PM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X