~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi Slo! You can't please everyone all of the time! Take some "me" time and take care of yourself!

I agree that maybe we should post quotes on a random basis. No pressure...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Hey Slo, good to see you. I thought you had flown the coop. Family time sure can be stressful. Funny how we love them so much and yet often need to limit our time together. That's not unusual I don't think. Mr. D has the same bug-a-boo about near empty beverage cans and bottles. Personally I choose not to angst over that one. That's great that your SIL's bring so much fresh air to the family. I was not lucky along those lines with my children's choice of spouses I'm afraid.

Mr. D was negative for Covid so tomorrow's surgery is a go!

Thanks for your kind words QW. I think we all tend to be a bit insecure in this posting environment from time to time. Written communication can be very tricky at times.

Pauly, I meant to say yesterday that I agree with you about the people of your home town practicing their own form of civil disobedience. There has been and continues to be way too much inconsistency in our leaders words and actions and their singling out of one group over another. I'm afraid trust is at an all time low and that is very dangerous for the country. Or maybe this epidemic has exposed for the first time what has been happening for a very long time.

24 more please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; July 7, 2020, 06:27 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

71F and muggy. Highs mid-90's again. Really nasty storm moved through yesterday, dumped about 3" of rain in an hour, but my basement didn't flood, yay!
        Congrats on the huge milestone yesterday, Cowboy, sorry I missed it.
        Well, after being out of the office for months, my wife went back to work July 1, and was promptly exposed to the virus on July 2. Now she must be tested an quarantined for two weeks. No one was wearing masks down there, and I told her not to go in unless they do. Too late. Now we wait.
        If she's positive I have to quarantine too, and can't go back to work, which I was supposed to do this week. Too many people just disregarding the rules/suggestions. Muh freedoms. F-that, you're just being selfish in imho.
        Yeah, I'm a little angry. Thankfully, nobody showing signs of illness at this point.
        Rant over.
        24 more please

Comment

Cross post, Mr. V! Sorry to hear about your wife but hopefully the test will come out negative. I really want you to be back to work, doing what you love.
          Last edited by dill; July 7, 2020, 06:31 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Deep down you know exactly what you’re capable of. There’s even moments where you get a glimpse of all the potential you have. You can get there. You just have to be willing to sacrifice the habits, things, and situations that are standing in the way of your success.”
            – Unknown

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Okay, sounds like we're all in agreement! :thumbsup: I'll finish this week up then we can post anything that seems to reach out to us!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sorry your wife was exposed to the virus by the covidiots Mr V.. Hope testing proves negative.

My youngest son lives in Melbourne and he wrote last night that that part of Australia is now under a 6 week lockdown. Anyone know if G-Man is impacted by this? I’m not sure if he’s right in Melbourne or if the beach pad is far enough away.
                Regardless, people need to take Covid-19 seriously.

I have a medical procedure this morning in the city and had to answer a few Covid related questions yesterday when they called to confirm the appointment. I will have to answer the same questions and must be wearing a mask when I get there or I won’t be admitted. The new reality I guess. Still, I have no issues with what is just a small inconvenience.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; July 7, 2020, 07:44 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:01 am in Vegas another 24,Mr. V I'm sorry your wife got exposed I think us on a small scale are doing our parts but it takes a larger scale to control the spread, everytime we've gone out to eat it's been in a very controlled environment, spacing, masks, extreme sanitation, I don't think opening back up spread this crap I think it's the people out in the street or at the bars that are going hog wild is why it's spreading and they're ruining it for us people who are trying to help! Very frustrating, 6:04 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oops asked twice haha!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well crud, Mr. V. Sorry to hear that your wife was exposed. I'm with you about the "rights" thing. In WA state masks are required in any public situation. You'd think some people were being asked to cut off their right arm. Selfishness is how I see it.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please, 9:36 in yyc. Cloudy today around 19C.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

That’s so frustrating, Mr. V. I wish your wife would’ve listened to you and not gone into the office if they weren’t wearing masks, because it impacts your ability to work too!
                          Coming from a healthcare background, I don’t understand not wearing a mask. We would wear a mask if entering the room of a patient with a severe infection who was on isolation precautions, or one who was immunosuppressed...it’s just what you do to reduce the risk of infection.

I see what you’re saying, Pauly; that it makes no sense that protesters can gather in large groups in the street, but yet parades can’t happen in a street!

I hope your husband’s knee surgery went well today, Dill. Thankful that he didn’t need to have a full replacement either!
                          How is your knee doing, Ginger?

What I was trying to express yesterday may sound petty, but it ties into my alcoholism and recovery.
                          There was an imbalance in our family with HB putting me down a lot as well as shirking responsibility, leaving me with all the work, and the daughters following their father’s lead and feeding into this.
                          The disempowerment and overwhelm played a role in fueling my drinking. Once I was down to just one daughter at home, I have been able to stop drinking, assert myself as a person who counts too, and make things more democratic & cooperative.
                          So when I am back into the full family with the older daughters there too, it is hard & challenging to be plunged back into the old, entrenched family dynamics again.
                          But I am NOT going back to being walked all over, disrespected, & dumped on again!

24 more hours AF for me.
                          Last edited by Slo; July 7, 2020, 10:17 PM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, I hope your husband makes out well today! Cowboy congrats on over 2000 days of sobriety. Huge milestone! Can any tell me why this site is moving so slow? I couldn’t even get on yesterday. Got tired of waiting for the site to download. I like the idea of posting quotes randomly for now. It’s much less stressful that way. Glad to see you posting again Slo. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Heading to the beach today to finish my kindle book! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X