No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do, long after the mood you said it in has left you.”
    - Orebela Gbenga

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mrs V was exposed [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], but the bright side is that being exposed doesn't mean that she caught it, let's keep our fingers crossed! But that doesn't change the fact of the 14 day quarantine, which really sucks since you were just about to go back work! Hang in there buddy!

Hopefully all goes well with the surgery [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], fingers crossed again!

We met with the lawyer yesterday and it was the first time that I wore a mask! I've been using hand sanitizer and practicing physical distancing, but because the in-laws got a "get out of jail card" for the appointment, everyone had to wear masks to protect them and of course the other residents in the Manor. More on the lawyer appointment later :sad:

Family dynamics play such a huge role in our lives [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! I'm sure not everyone's family is picture perfect, we all have our "problem" family members, or at least what we think are problem family members, and that situation presented itself regarding my brother-in-law at the meeting yesterday. Even though he wasn't in attendance, much of the discussion was about how he would feel, and more importantly, what he would do, if the house got signed over to us. Suffice to say that nothing really eventful happened at the meeting but the lawyer pointed out some things that we never thought of, and some legal issues that may arise if we went ahead with what we were planning to do. Back to square one again just because of the brother-in-law. It won't prevent me from spending more time over here, but definitely stops me from totally moving in...
      Last edited by abcowboy; July 8, 2020, 07:46 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Well bummer, ABC. I'm sorry to hear this.

Hi Slo! Thanks for asking about the knee. It's better but because it's arthritis, it will always hurt. Pauly suggested turmeric supplements and I'm on my second bottle. Seems to help! Sorry to hear about your family dynamics. Ugh!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I was wondering how the turmeric was going Ginger, glad it's helpful I posted in the nest that it really does help with alot of things but I gotta use with caution cuz it can inhibit iron absorbtion, Slo, I'm sorry your daughters treat you so bad that's gotta be hard especially when you love them so much, how's the grandbaby? Mr. V Brady got an email last night that 2 people tested positive in his Amazon warehouse he works at, poor kid is so scared of c-vid, a few of his friends had it and I guess it's hitting these 20 something guys alot now, I'm tired of this virus it's got me weary: Cowboy, what's going on? I thought you were all good to go? Dunno why the site has been so slow, probably keep trying to make improvements for the 20 active people here haha, I wouldn't bother unless it was more active, 5:47 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Wish you well in dealing with the house situation Cowboy. I hope the lawyer works hard for those who want to get the house transfer done and gets details locked down tight. Question - are you aware of what’s in your in-laws wills regarding Bubba’s brother? Might be time to have the wills updated to address this division of assets and prevent any future problems. Hope it all goes well. You and Bubba have done a lot to help them.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope Dill is doing ok with her husband’s post-op day.

Interesting twist, Cowboy. It hardly seems fair when you & Bubba are the ones who do all the helping with her parents. Hopefully there’s a silver lining in there! And QW brings up a really good point about the wills.

That’s scary for Brady, Pauly!

I had a surprise today in that I got to see Beckett! Daughter was in town to go to the zoo with a friend, and stopped by afterwards! There’s nothing better than kissing & squeezing & singing to a baby -and on his 6-month “birthday“ too! Bliss.

My daughters are very kind & supportive to me, one-on-one as adults. It’s just, when living together again, that old family dynamics crop back up. I had difficulty maintaining equilibrium through it without alcohol, as I used to drink a lot to numb in order to handle it. But, anyhoo -I survived!

I had a wonderful bike ride today! Loved it. 24 more AF hours please.
              Last edited by Slo; July 8, 2020, 08:32 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hopefully things will all work out for you and Bubba in the end cowboy. In the meantime, things may be a little crazy. Sorry that you have to go through all of this, especially after you have been so supportive of the in-laws. Also thanks for the great quote! I have often slipped when that feeling of determination faded.
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...hope that your husband's surgery went well!

Today continues to be very hot and muggy. Sure does wear you down after awhile. :hung:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

74F already at 6am. Hot one today.
                  No results on the covid test yet, but we feel good, and don't think it will be positive. I'ts been a week.
                  I certainly understand the family dynamics, Slo, I have eight siblings, and when the family gets together, everything reverts back to childhood! Gangs of kids bullying other gangs, lol. Funny, not funny.
                  Pauly, yikes, sorry about Brady, hopefully he's not been exposed.
                  Dill, How's hubby doing?
                  Cowboy, hope you can get your situation resolved amicably.
                  24 more here please.

Comment

Thanks everybody for thinking of Mr. D and his surgery. It was yesterday and all went well. At this point his knee is still painful but he said it's a different pain than what it was before. So, hopefully as the knee heals from the pain of the surgery, he will be home free!

The hospital was nice and seemed to be about what you would see in non-covid times in terms of activity. Of course everyone was required to wear masks but that's to be expected. It sure makes communication more difficult tho, especially for folks who wear hearing aids and really depend on seeing other people's mouths as they speak, as is the case for Mr. D. Other than that the whole experience was fine and all the staff were professional and kind in their demeanor.

Sorry for the family drama Cowboy. Was Bubba upset by it? Hopefully it will all get worked out. I am assuming the lawyer gave suggestions as to how to proceed, or if to proceed. I hope her parents weren't too upset.

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Cowboy sorry about the family issues. You are right we all have them! Dill, glad you husband made out well. Hope he continues to improve each day. Another 24 for me please and thank you....

Comment

“Ever throw something away then later realized you needed it? I almost did that with my life.”
                        – Unknown

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great news on the surgery [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Hopefully Mr D will be pain free when all is said and done!

You're right [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], their wills are in sad need of updating! It will be something else to take care of once this house fiasco is finished. Thanks for the reminder!

I'll try and explain this in a nutshell as it is a bit squirrely lol. 2 things to mention right off the bat; 1) I didn't want to move into this house right from the beginning. It's not a house Bubba and I would buy if we were in the market, but the in-laws want to keep it in the family. 2) I think the brother-in-law has already got more than his share of any inheritance that would come to him.

That being said, I have to realize it's not what I think that matters, it's what the in-laws think that count. They are more than happy to "gift" us the house if we are willing to pay off any outstanding debt against it. But the lawyer told us that it's not that simple. The big roadblock is the fact that Bubba has Enduring Power of Attorney, and the law states that she can't have any "unfair financial gain" because of that. If we went ahead with what we wanted to do, her brother could take her to court because he was left out of the financial gain. And he would do that. The other problem that arises is that the in-laws never recorded any of the money that they "gifted" the brother-in-law, so there's no way to prove what inheritance he's already received.

It was the lawyer's recommendation that we get the house appraised through a licensed appraiser, not just a realtor, then we would have to make a decision. Buy the house at the appraised value, or put the house back on the market. I'm definitely not going to buy this house if it means paying full market value for it. Bubba and I would start looking for a different house in Vegreville, one that suits our needs better. Of course we're not 100% in agreement with that, but we'll take it one step at a time. Get the house appraised and make a list of the money we've already spent on improvements we've made so that we can get those expenses back when the house sells. And there is my continuing saga of "How the World Turns" lol.

Comment

Dill, glad the surgery went well! Cowboy that sounds like a drag and way too much to deal with, the in-laws are probably gonna be offended if you sell the house? I dunno, Slo, anytime people live together that's when the problems start, I know if my daughter who has the boys moved here we'd probably argue even though we get along great otherwise but I know the reality, 5:52 am in Vegas another 24! hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Slo, glad you got some surprise baby time. The best!

Dill, glad to hear Mr. D is doing well. Hoping the surgery is a success!

Pauly, low iron could be an issue with me because I'm vegan. I'll keep an eye on that.

Jude, how's Homer? Last you mentioned, he'd come up lame?

Cowboy, this whole thing sucks! You've been so patient. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Hi to everyone! I'll take another 24, please and thank you😊

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Day 500 tomorrow. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without support from my Cafe friends! Thank you!!

Family dynamics can be very stressful. Ten years ago when Mrs QW’s parents needed help, I retired early and we moved over 2500 miles to be able to help. Her sister and husband were already there, having been gifted the condo Mrs QW’s parents lived in before moving into an assisted living facility.
                                We provided more care and in a kinder manner than Mrs QW’s sister in my opinion, yet in her eyes we did nothing. Dealing with Mrs QW’s mother’s estate was a nightmare because her sister thought everything should be done her way, the heck with the law! Mrs QW had a heck of a time as co-executor but thanks to some frank and blunt talk from the lawyer & accountant, everything was finally settled.
                                Cowboy, I don’t envy you going through this but hope everything works out well in the end.

Jessie & I had a very enjoyable walk this morning. Great way to start the day!

Have a wonderful af Thursday everyone and watch out for the covidiots!

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; July 9, 2020, 10:03 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X