~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Funny quote, Cowboy! Some truth in there too!!
    Thanks for that perfect synopsis on what’s all going on with the house and in-law situation. I hope it all ends up unfolding fairly smoothly to a good resolution.

Geez, QW! I’d have a hard time still talking to that sis-in-law, the way she treated you! At least you had the third-party lawyer and accountant to get through to her. You and your wife really stepped up to the plate for the in-laws, very similarly to Cowboy & his wife.

It’s pouring buckets out there. Another 24 hours AF please.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Sounds as though you've got a lot on your plate cowboy, but you will get through this!

Congrats QW on 500 days! Are you still keeping track of how much money you've saved by not drinking??

Dill...how's Mr. D doing after his surgery?

Thanks for asking about Homer Ginger! He seems to be doing better, but the vet and others have recommended putting front shoes on him. The farrier is coming out next Friday to look at him. Hopefully, it will be just what he needs.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Sounds as though you've got a lot on your plate cowboy, but you will get through this!

Congrats QW on 500 days! Are you still keeping track of how much money you've saved by not drinking??

Dill...how's Mr. D doing after his surgery?

Thanks for asking about Homer Ginger! He seems to be doing better, but the vet and others have recommended putting front shoes on him. The farrier is coming out next Friday to look at him. Hopefully, it will be just what he needs.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

“With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.”
          - Wayne Dyer

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Huge congrats on your achievement [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Our second oldest daughter has been bugging her dear old dad to make a trip out to Vancouver to redo her shower. It's been leaking for some time and she just keeps caulking it, but now it's past the point of just caulking. So early Sunday morning Adam and I will be making the 15 hour drive out there to rip out the old and back in with the new. We'll be out there for most of next week to get the demolition done, replace anything rotten, then start re-tiling. Covid concerns are in the back of my mind, but will do what is necessary to stay safe and make the daughter happy lol.

Comment

Congrats, QW!! What a great achievement!

It sounds like a complicated situation with the BIL, Cowboy. I think it's odd when children assume they are entitled to their parent's money. If they are in their right minds they ought to be able to decide for themselves what they want to do! Bubba must be fit to be tied over it. I have a friend who is widowed. She has two stepsons. It's a funny situation because her daughter married one of her late husband's sons at the same time that she married her late husband. They had a double wedding! After her husband's death she was having trouble making ends meet and was going to have to sell and move into something smaller. Of course she didn't want to so she came up with a solution. She invited her daughter's family to move in with her and share expenses and they agreed. It seemed perfect. She was no longer living alone and she was able to remain in the home she had shared with her late husband. Well, the other son was quite upset about it and feels like it's not fair to him somehow. He confronted her over it but she stuck to her plan.

Mr. V are you able to get back to work?

Mr. D is healing nicely. His knee is no longer swollen and he has taken off the wrap and has stopped icing it. It's still sore tho. The doctor said the repair went well and that there was no arthritis in the joint so once the healing is complete Mr. D should be good as new!

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Jude, sure hope the shoes help Homer. It's all in the feet with a horse, right?

QW, great job on 500 days!

Dill, glad hubby is on the mend and will soon be out of pain.

ABC, safe travels! Sure is nice of you and Adam to come out west to help your daughter. Should be a beautiful drive!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And thanks for the 500 days congratulations.

That’s nice of you to make the trek to the lower rainland with Adam to do some needed renos Cowboy. I’m sure your daughter appreciates it. Safe travels!

With all this talk of family situations, I was reminded of the old saying, Where there’s a will, there’s relatives!

Had an email from my son who is under lockdown in Australia. He sent a news story about 2 EMTs who went to a KFC in Dandenong for a meal last Friday, around 1:30 in the morning. While there, they noticed 2 guys ordering 20 plates of food. The EMTs reported the licence plate number of the vehicle to police who attended the residence associated with the vehicle and found 16 people enjoying a birthday party, an event not allowed during the lockdown. Police issued fines totalling $26,000 to the covidiots!

Have a great af Friday everyone. Stay safe!!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Loved the quote cowboy! I'm sure that your daughter will be very appreciative about the renovations! You're a good Dad!

Yes Ginger, you're right.....no hoof, no horse!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Loved the quote cowboy! I'm sure that your daughter will be very appreciative about the renovations! You're a good Dad!

Yes Ginger, you're right.....no hoof, no horse!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

We finally have a little break from the heat. It feels good!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Most of our obstacles would melt away if, instead of cowering before them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them.”
                              - Orison Swett Marden

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; July 11, 2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X