~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Went an seen my grandpuppy yesterday and she was quiet and has a bright red eye but she rolled over for a belly scratch from Nan, I was scratching her belly and crying cuz she just looks so sad BUT I'm also happy she seems like she's gonna be ok! It's kind of a double edged sword to love our animals so much Ginger, tbh I go from "omg this virus is scary" to kind of feeling like your sons do, I think it's a coping thinking thing, like I said before it's almost a guarantee that we've all either had it or gonna get it with just how contagious it seems to be plus the experts are still unsure how it spreads exactly, yes masks should have been made mandatory back in March! But again we were told then they were useless and to save them for the professionals, maybe some live could have been saved, I just don't know, I seen California shut down again, we'll probably be next cuz our gov follows Newsom, anyhoo 5:57 am in Vegas another 24 QW, my last doc appointment was a televid visit, probably hafta do that again next time cuz I thought this would be over by now grrr.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had an early start to the day with a doctors appointment in Calgary, second of 6 scheduled over the next month or so. I saw my family doc yesterday, had a great check up, and somehow he neglected to mention that he’s awaiting disciplinary action from his governing body over charges that included having an affair with a patient, prescribing opioids to himself and impaired driving. I heard this news on the radio early this morning.
      Needless to say, I’m looking for a new doctor! Anyway, for a while it took my mind off some of the other idiocy going on in the world.

Hope everyone is having/had a great af Tuesday.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” —Joseph Campbell

This site is super slow again today!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

“We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” —Joseph Campbell

This site is super slow again today!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the quote Jude. It's a great thought.

I've been so busy the last couple of days I haven't been able to check in. It was all good stuff tho. My brother and his wife came for a visit, and the two nights before that my grandkids were both here. It was nonstop activity around here! No drinking tho. My brother is a recovered alcoholic and his wife doesn't drink either. Good thing because we never have al in the house anymore.

We will be heading to Cleveland this coming Saturday for a day trip to celebrate my other brother and his wife's 50th. It doesn't seem possible!

I'll read back now. I hope everyone is doing well and I wish you all another 24! Myself, too!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Safe travels to Cleveland this weekend Dill. 50 years is quite an accomplishment these days.

Today it’s Jessie’s turn for a check up. She likes going to the vets office. As soon as we go in, she heads right to the scale and sits while her weight is taken. I like to think it’s because of the excellent training she’s received but in reality it’s because the staff gives her treats after they’ve recorded her weight!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Beautiful quote Jude:love: I was thinking and remember at some point you were thinking of selling Homer, is that still a plan or did I miss you decided to keep him? Dill, wow 50 years is great! Glad you had a nice visit, QW, that's just crazy about your doctor! 5:44 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Safe travels to Cleveland this weekend Dill. 50 years is quite an accomplishment these days.

Today it’s Jessie’s turn for a check up. She likes going to the vets office. As soon as we go in, she heads right to the scale and sits while her weight is taken. I like to think it’s because of the excellent training she’s received but in reality it’s because the staff gives her treats after they’ve recorded her weight!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

5:50am in Vancouver, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Pauly...sadly, I am still planning on selling Homer.:crushed: The farrier is coming tomorrow to put on a pair of shoes. He's had on and off issues with lameness, and the vets thought that having him shod would solve the problem. I won't sell him until he's 100% sound.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

80F already at 6:30 am, muggy too.
                          all good here, 24 more please

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                            Ginger, tbh I go from "omg this virus is scary" to kind of feeling like your sons do, I think it's a coping thinking thing, like I said before it's almost a guarantee that we've all either had it or gonna get it with just how contagious it seems to be plus the experts are still unsure how it spreads exactly, yes masks should have been made mandatory back in March! But again we were told then they were useless and to save them for the professionals, maybe some live could have been saved, I just don't know, I seen California shut down again, we'll probably be next cuz our gov follows Newsom, anyhoo 5:57 am in Vegas another 24
                            I feel exactly the same way, Pauly. And Ginger, I don't think your sons are 'covidiots'! I think they are just human. Your sons have their own personal experiences that have led them to their own personal conclusions and choices. As Pauly says there has been a great deal of misinformation and mixed messages. There still is. You get a different answer depending upon who you ask. I know the virus is not a hoax yet there is definitely a feeling every now and then that it is being used to manipulate. It's a very confusing time.

QW that is so crazy about your doc! But of course, just because he made a mistake (allegedly) that doesn't negate his entire life and career! I guess he won't be practicing for a while? Maybe never again? It's a shame because it sounds like you liked him as your physician and it is hard to find a doctor that you like. Let's hope he was wrongly accused. At any rate, if he has a problem with opiods, I hope he can find help.

My dog hates going to the vet and is a big baby every step of the way. She acts like the scale is electrified!

Jude, I hope the farrier can find a good solution for Homer!

The upcoming trip to Cleveland actually has me a bit nervous. Our county has a very low incidence of the virus, but Cuyahoga County where Cleveland is has a high incidence and is on an alert. In a way I am surprised that my brother hasn't cancelled his party. I don't think they have invited a large crowd tho, but believe me, there will be drinking! I plan on staying outside for most of the visit altho I will want to go inside at least briefly to touch base. He lives in the house we grew up in and I love to get to see it every once in a while.

Mr. V, isn't the county where you live on high alert too? Be careful out their!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; July 16, 2020, 05:54 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I too go between worry and lack of worry regarding this virus. I try to be as careful as possible but still don’t see how you can outrun an airborne virus. I just take precautions but not going to hide in my basement over it. Hopefully a vaccine will come along soon! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Vancouver, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] Ginger999 abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X