~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:46 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sadly Dill, my doc admitted guilt to the charges he faces. I suspect his license will be suspended for a period of time which means his patients will have to find a new doctor, not an easy thing in rural Alberta. According to a patient who posted recently on Rate My MD, he neglected to have a female in the room during an examination as he is required to do. His governing body will not be pleased.

Jessie’s appointment at the vet went well but it’s certainly different from the past. When you get to the clinic, you text them pertinent details and the vet comes to your car. He took Jessie into the clinic, attached to one of their leashes, did the exam and brought her back to the car. I did an etransfer to pay the bill so was never in the building.

Dill, I think there’s been a lot of misinformation out there regarding Covid-19. I trust the scientists and medical experts a lot more than politicians and wonder what agenda they are promoting or are being paid to promote. Exercising caution is a good idea because we’ve seen lots of people getting sick after disregarding health recommendations. Science trumps politics!

Have a great af Thursday everyone! Stay safe and away from the covidiots!!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; July 16, 2020, 08:19 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Haven't had a lot of time to post, up early to get started and then late nights visiting, but things are on schedule to finish today and then the 15 hour drive back home tomorrow! Have a great day y'all, and stay safe!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, Dill. Covidiots is a bit strong for my boys. 😉

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Optimistic people are far more successful than pessimistic people
            Optimistic people are happier than pessimistic people
            Optimism is a choice
            And a no brainer at that
            Also, optimism is a muscle
            It will atrophy if you don't exercise it
            Use it
            Or Lose It

- -Akira the Don

Ginger, I sure understand your frustrations, born out of fear, just like mine. I hope I didn't sound critical of you in my post. I surely am not! We are all struggling thru this.

Rava, you stated my exact position regarding covid: I try to be as careful as possible but still don’t see how you can outrun an airborne virus. I just take precautions but not going to hide in my basement over it. Hopefully a vaccine will come along soon! I couldn't have said it better. I feel very grateful that we are both retired here and have the luxury of avoiding a lot of contact and being very selective about what we choose to do.

24 more, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Safe travels on your trip back home cowboy!

Homer gets his new shoes today......hope it helps!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Safe travels on your trip back home cowboy!

Homer gets his new shoes today......hope it helps!

Comment

Ten pounds of blueberries preserved yesterday and now in the freezer. Fifteen pounds more will get done today and then we’re set. Nothing like Mrs QW’s blueberry crisp on a cold winter morning made with these berries.

Safe travels home Cowboy! I know the road from Edmonton to the Fraser Valley very well. I hope you have a chance to post some more pics, it’s some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Ten pounds of blueberries preserved yesterday and now in the freezer. Fifteen pounds more will get done today and then we’re set. Nothing like Mrs QW’s blueberry crisp on a cold winter morning made with these berries.

Safe travels home Cowboy! I know the road from Edmonton to the Fraser Valley very well. I hope you have a chance to post some more pics, it’s some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas another 24 wonder why the site is so slow still? Sounds like everyone is doing well so I'll just hope we all have a fabulous AF Friday! Be safe Cowboy when you head back
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Safe travels home, ABC. Do post more pics, if you get the chance.

Dill, I didn't think you were being critical. I appreciate the "check" and the quote.

Jude, good luck with Homer today. Hope the shoes do the trick!

QW, that's a lot of berries! Sounds like a yummy crisp.

Pauly, my sis is a stylist too and owns her salon. She's been back to work a week and it's been a struggle but she sure is glad to be back to work!

Rava, when you say you're going to the beach, where is that? Just curious 😊

Happy AF Friday everyone! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:20pm coming up to Evansburg, Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Since I last logged in, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today was a great day not to drink!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; July 17, 2020, 07:20 PM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi y’all! I tried to post this morning but couldn’t get on before we headed out because it was soooo slowww! Anyway, 2.5 hours away from Adam’s on a return trip full of rain so no picture taking unfortunately.

Enjoy your stay in Cincinnati [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

How did the shoeing go [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]?

Will catch up with the rest of you from the comfort of my chair at home instead of the passenger seat of my truck lol.
                            Last edited by abcowboy; July 17, 2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I'm having a lot of trouble with this site lately as well. Not sure why, but my posts keep showing up as duplicates!

Homer was very good for the farrier yesterday. I'm going to give him a couple of days off before I ride him so that he can get used to his new shoes.We'll just have to see what happens after that. Fingers crossed!

Mmmmm.....blueberry crisp! Too bad you couldn't ship some down here QW!

Comment

Good Morning! Cowboy, I’m guess you are home now. 15 hours is a long long way. We travel 18 to Florida and its a killer drive. Ginger, when I say the beach I mean the Atlantic Ocean. Its 2 miles from my house. Its an easy bike ride for us with our stuff packed on our backs. Today as I type this they are calling for a record hot day. Close to 100 with high humidity. UGH. I just might stay in my basement, but not because of covid! LOL. Hope everyone has a great AF day. Jude, I hope Homer does better with his new shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X