No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Vermilion, Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Home sweet home! It was nice to spend the week with daughter #2 even if it was a working visit, and daughter #1 and her guy came over to spend an evening with us as well! 15 hours is stretching it for me [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], not sure how you guys manage 18!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, we loved the Atlantic when we visited back east. It's so different than the Pacific. Humidity tho.... ugh. We desert rats aren't used to much if that!

Running in the 100s here too but it's a dry heat, which I find more tolerable. Well, inside and air conditioned that is!

Hope everyone has an easy AF weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed for Homer.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:57 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad you’re safely home Cowboy. The lower mainland was a 12 hour drive for us and some years we made the trek 5 times to see my folks.

One of the best holidays I ever had was one spring when I flew from Edmonton to Tampa and spent 7 days on the road driving my parents to their home near Vancouver. Their doctor told them they could drive while in Florida for the winter but not drive there and back. That was the last time they got to winter in Florida as my Dad got a cancer diagnosis shortly after.

I encountered a covidiot at the pet supply store the other morning. A guy came in, was asked to use hand sanitizer before shopping and said it was a violation of his rights. The store owner explained it was a precaution to keep her staff and other customers safe and if he wasn’t willing to comply, it was her right not to serve him and ask him to leave. He left.

Have a great af Saturday everyone and watch out for the covidiots!!!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad you are home safe and sound, Cowboy! 15 hours is a long haul!

Hope Homer does will with the new shoes, Jude!

24 more, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hot and muggy today with a high of 97°F! Very unusual for this neck of the woods! I'm going to ride early this morning. Hope that Homer does well with his new shoes. We shall see...

QW...we have our share of covidiots here as well. Most people are pretty compliant about wearing a mask in public, but once in awhile I see someone "barefaced". So inconsiderate!

Glad that you made it home safe and sound cowboy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Going to be 100 today. OMG. Way too hot for me but I will take it over freezing cold and snow. Hope everyone has a great day. Thinking of Homer today and his new shoes! Good luck Jude! Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS. Cowboy hope you get yourself back to normal soon. Takes me a day or two to recover from that long drive. Save me some breakfast please!!

Comment

5:45am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It appears to me that it's time for breakfast!

Comment

I definitely can't take that kind of heat [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I'd just hole up in an air conditioned place lol.

Nice to be home and spend a couple of days with Bubba and Hank, then it's back to the grind... Have a fantastic Sunday y'all!

Comment

6:08 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the awesome breakfast, Cowboy! Love those fresh tomatoes. I had some with my breakfast this morning for real. The garden is working overtime!

I don't like the heat, but here we are again. 90F for us here in southwestern Ohio.

Granddaughter is here again. I enjoy having her but I sure do hope school opens this Fall. They need to get back to their learning and their friends. All the reading I have done on the subject indicates that children are not spreaders nor are they particularly vulnerable to the virus. Other nations have had their children back in school with no significant problems. The American Academy of Pediatricians have said that the children should be back to school full time asap.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, hope Homer enjoys his new shoes and that you have a great ride. 97 degrees - no thanks, you can keep it!

We’re meeting our Calgary family today for a picnic. It’ll be great to see them in person, even if we have to practice social distancing.

Have a great af Sunday everyone! Stay safe!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I have several friends nearing retirement that teach. They are preparing to retire early if forced to go back into the classroom before things are safe. The kids may be fine but in our state, 70% of the teaching/support population are in the "at risk" age group. They know they will never be able to keep kids social distanced or masked. This is a mess!

Yesterday we took a drive to do some rockhounding and stopped in a small town ourside a larger city. No masks, no social distancing. Like covid wasn't even happening. Good grief!

Everyone enjoy your Sunday and family time. Thanks for brekkie, ABC!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X