Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was a great day yesterday and supper was awesome. We had breaded shrimp for an appy, grilled corn on the cob, baby potatoes, onions, peppers and rib eye steaks. Cheese cake after although we barely had room! I remember reading one time - Life is short. Eat dessert first! Good advice!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes everyone. Thanks Pauly for your kind words, I like those odds too.

Ginger, have a great week of walking on the beach! Hope it’s sunny but not too hot. I hear from the beast every so often too, a good reminder that we need to be vigilant, always. I often consider the urge but then think of how hard I’ve worked to get here, how I don’t want to go back to the way I was and, dammit, I DON’T DRINK! Stay strong.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Look out for the beast and the covidiots!!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the great article Mr. V! So very sad. If I had continued to poison myself with alcohol, I could see myself ending up just like Fred. One of best things about dumping the booze is the return of hope in my life. My world while drinking was very dark and depressing, and I often had thoughts of ways to end the pain. Ginger...whenever the beast comes calling, I think about my past, and the hopelessness which accompanied the booze. I think about how I would feel the next day. I threw out those rose colored glasses a long time ago, as the view through them was based on a lie. Take the poison off of the table and you will be OK!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Yes Ginger I have those cravings too. They come out of nowhere! I find it very disappointing with all the knowledge I have about addiction that this gets to me. I remind myself that the Beast wants to drink not me. It wants to drink. I dont. Its a process that repeats itself sometimes more than I like. So each day is a struggle although some days are easier than others. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Rava I forgot to thank you for that quote you posted a couple of days ago. It was a good reminder of just who is in charge. Mr. D had a doctor appointment yesterday and was moaning about having to go and I pointed out to him that he needs to adjust his attitude. He has to go so he might as well change his approach, maybe shift his attitude to one of gratitude and he thought about it a minute and agreed. He went to the appointment which was a follow-up post surgery. The doctor was pleased with the progress Mr. D was making. The incision was healed and his range of motion was further along than the doctor expected he would see. All good!

Thanks for the link Mr. V. I am going to read it today. Too much going on here yesterday. Today looks to be much quieter with time for reading.

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 25 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's cake day in the Café, sure hope she pops in to get some of her cake before it's all gone!

Congratulations [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That was a great article [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], thanks for sharing it!

Great news about hubby's recovery [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! He'll be swinging you round the dance floor in no time!

Going to take today to get all the grass cut and housework done. Rain is on it's way and the grass already needs to be bagged instead of mulched!

Have a great day y'all and keep that AV locked up eh!

Comment

Happy 2 years Slo!!!! That went by fast to me Ginger we must have been cross posting yesterday cuz I didn't see your post, ugh just read my signature when that Al thought hits, I absolutely HATE how it effects me the next day, Dill, great news on hubs progress so far! I've been using the attitude you told your hubs to use in my real life and things I don't wanna do, I had a grocery delivery in a neighborhood that was kind of a far drive and I was a bit pissed off but I told myself ok, at least I'm not an Uber driver and hafta listen to people talk, also in reality it wasn't that far and hubs has to drive even further allover town everyday, after that pep talk I quit whining to myself haha, also with the shop it's been terribly slow and I've been moping but yesterday I just thought to myself hey at least I'm making SOME money and I get to talk to my regular people, 5:36 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for sharing that article Mr V. Addiction to any substance potentially has those consequences.

Ginger, a few days ago you commented on friends in the teaching profession who are seriously considering not going back to the classroom. I read a letter recently from a high school teacher in California. She’s a former nurse as well. She said that as a teacher, she’s prepared to take a bullet for her students( Seriously? WTF? How did this ever become acceptable? Teachers should be able to go to school to teach, students to learn. No one should have to worry about getting shot IMO). But she’s not going back this year because she’s worried about contracting Covid-19 and giving it to her students. And taking it home to her family. She’s worried about her students contracting the virus and taking it home to their families. Should schools re-open? Only if it’s safe for everyone, economic concerns and greed shouldn’t overrule common sense.

Today will be the third day of medical appointments for us this week. One more to go.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone. Stay safe!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; July 22, 2020, 08:03 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for your responses about my drinking thoughts. I think it helps just getting it out there too. Last night when I was prepping dinner, it started again and I just thought of all of you! It did the trick.

Congrats on two years, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=7678]abc[/MENTION]cowboy!! It’s beautiful...but I won’t eat it as I have recently successfully kicked sugar addiction out of my life too!

Thanks for the article, @Mr.Vervill. We’re the lucky ones who got free of this.

Off to take baby daughter to get her senior photos taken!

Another 24 please.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Congrats on 2 years [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!

Glad that Mr. D is doing better after his surgery dill!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Congrats on 2 years, Slo!

That article was good and it made me feel very grateful.

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Happy 2 year anniversary Slo! Glad Mr. Dill got a good report. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X