~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Mr. V, Frozen cherries sound like a real treat! Were they sweet cherries or sour?

Rava, the pickle recipe looks doable. I generally shy away from pickle making as I thought it was too involved. But that looks easy. If I get to a farmers market in the next day or so I'm going to try it.

QW, do you live anywhere near any open space where you can throw a frizbee or a ball for Jessie? If lived near me I would welcome you on to our fields with her for an off leash run any time!

Ginger, I envy you your Pacific adventure!

Pauly, I wonder when TWD will ever be filming it's remaining episodes for this season. They quit making them due to covid. I wonder if viewers (like me) will have lost the plot and never return. I was on the verge as it was.

24 more, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, I sold Homer yesterday. He is going to a woman in Virginia, and is leaving today. My heart is breaking, but after several face time chats, I feel better about where he is going. She and her husband have two young children, and were looking for a nice quiet horse to be part of their family. So today I say goodbye to a dear friend. Thoughts of wine keep popping up in my head, but I know that I'd wake up feeling worse than ever.

Another 24 please and thank you!
        Last edited by Jude58; July 31, 2020, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, I’m sorry that you had to part with Homer but those children will love him up! Maybe they can send you some pictures of his new home so you can feel better about your decision. Those who are trying the pickle recipe, it’s so easy and no special canning skills are needed. I just threw them in some clean mason jars and put in refrigerator. I can’t do complicated. Mr V, is there anything special about freezing cherries? I didn’t know after you pitted them if you have to do anything special? It’s pouring down rain here today but 20 degrees cooler. I won’t be checking in tomorrow as I’m going on a fishing trip out in the bay. Wish me luck! We have to leave for the boat at 4:30 am. So I definitely won’t have time to check in. Maybe I can report back with a picture of some fish??? Hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Aww Jude I'm sorry you're sad but I am happy Homer got a new home! I get it though cuz we had to re-home our very large dog before Louie was born, he was 130 pound American bulldog and he needed a more active family, I didn't want a huge dog around a baby and we just didn't have the time to take him out like he needed, he ended up with a young family with a big property in Laughlin but I do think of him alot still so I get it Dill, I quit watching TWD the season after they took Rick, I just couldn't get into where they were taking the show, I miss looking forward to it tho, I've lost my love for general hospital since it's been all reruns and flashbacks so there's that, it'll probably be a long time til they film new episodes of shows, seems like when they try to resume anything someone gets covid-like with the baseball players yikes! QW, that is a covidiot! You're signature has F cancer F Parkinson's I think F covid needs to be added too haha, such a ravaging thing, I tell myself it's ok yet I hear the numbers and feel just awful, 5:48 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
            Last edited by paulywogg; July 31, 2020, 07:50 AM.
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I made pickles yesterday following the recipe you provided. It was easy to do, the house smelled wonderful and they taste wonderful! Dill, you have to try it. Question, Rava - how long will they keep in the fridge? The recipe says two weeks but I’m wondering if that’s after opening. I’d like to make a few more batches if I can, especially since my beer fridge has lots of room.

Dill, thanks for the offer to let Jessie run free on your property. She’s a funny dog in that she doesn’t play. Won’t fetch, ignores the toys we bought for her. Instead of being 5, as our vet believes, you’d think she was 15!

Jude, I’m glad you found a good home for Homer. As much as it hurts now, you did what’s best for both of you,

They have pissing corners in swimming pools Mr V? Who knew?? 25 pounds of cherries in the freezer, nice. I put 22 pounds of our favourite fruit, blueberries, in the freezer to enjoy over the winter, one of the very few things I like about winter!

Have a great af Friday everyone. Stay safe!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; July 31, 2020, 07:53 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Oh I just read it and you already do!! That's awesome QW!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Last night's sunset....

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Beautiful pic Ginger!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

71F at 7:15 am gonna rain all day.
                      As far as cherries go, I just buy what's on sale, mostly Washington Red cherries, but nothing's on sale this year, short supply on the crop. But, I still found some for 1.99/pound as opposed to the regular 3.99/lb.
                      I just wash them, pit them, and freeze them.
                      QW, time to rename the fridge,lol
                      Jude sorry about saying goodbye to Homer, I think the kids will keep the name. Hope the show him the love and care he deserves.
                      Production of shows has started, albeit slowly. Young Mr V works behind the scenes productions on shows. He's a little leery about going back because safety of the crew falls on his shoulders.
                      If someone got sick, it would fall on his shoulders, whether he was responsible or not. Trust me, keeping a crew in line is like herding cats. If you want to check out a recent show he worked on, try Say I Do on Netflix. Shows off our city really well in the first episode. Not really my kind of show, but some of you would like it.

Comment

5:55am in Vegreville, Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's a beautiful sunset [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Hope you catch lots of fish [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and do post some pics if you do!

I can imagine it was tough seeing Homer go [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but it might be the best thing for both of you!

Sounds like lots of canning and preserving going on! We used to have the tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse at the farm and Bubba would make jars of tomato sauce. The English cucs were no good for pickling, but were sure tasty right off the vine! Haven't grown anything in there for a couple of summers now as I'm not at the farm often enough anymore to keep anything pruned and watered.

Been very busy since coming back from Vancouver with a/c repairs and installs. Have another one to install Monday and finish up on Tuesday, then back to Vegreville Tuesday afternoon as we have to take Bubba's dad in for his dementia checkup on Wednesday. His last one was done via phone because of Covid so it'll be interesting to see what the Doc sees instead of just hears. Then Thursday I have 2 more customers that want quotes on a/c units. This heat wave is good for business that way lol.

Comment

6:03 am in Vegas another 24,Mr V that's cool your son works behind the scenes in the film industry, I'll bet he's got a lot of stories, Ginger, beautiful sunset, hope everyone has a fabulous AF day!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the sunset photo Ginger. We’ve been fortunate to have vacationed twice on the Oregon coast and witnessed several such beautiful sunsets. I hope we’re able to go back at least one more time.

I bought more cucumbers to make pickles with at our farmers market yesterday so that’s on my honey do list for today. We’re enjoying the first batch very much. Mr V, you’re right, time to rename the beer fridge. Any suggestions?

We had a What’s App visit with my sister and her ex-husband yesterday. Long story, but they’ve remained close friends since divorcing several years ago. Anyway, about 2 years ago Bruce got sick and has been hospitalized since with a rare disease that has left him confined to bed, deaf, virtually unable to speak and with limited arm and leg mobility. We wrote notes on paper and held them to the camera to communicate with him. He’s only 61 but looks 90. What a shame. My sister and her boyfriend, (really more like husband and I consider him my brother in law), have been strong advocates for Bruce in dealing with the healthcare system and they’ve made a huge difference in the care he’s received. Sad to see Bruce like this. Anyway, my sister said after that we brightened his day.

Stay safe, look after yourselves and stay af! Have a great weekend.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sad story about Bruce, QW. We just never know what challenges life might spring on us.

Jude, those kids are going to love Homer to pieces. Hope they send you pics along the way.

Heading home tomorrow. It's been a great trip! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X