~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

24 more please on the rainy, sunny and slightly windy day. Thank you!.....

Comment

24 more please... drinking coffee in front of the fire on this spring night in Texas.

Comment

sign me in for 24, please.
        "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
        “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

24 more for me please.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I noticed a lot more references to coffee in yesterday's posts! LOL! I found myself making an extra pot too. I am guessing it was a reaction to the clouds and the drop in temperatures around here after so many nice warm, sunny days!

I look forward to 24 more hours of freedom, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'll take a cup of Joe on this fine sunny, crisp and cool morning, oh, and another 24 please.

Comment

“Replace excuses with effort, replace laziness with determination and everything else will fall into place.”

6:40am in Alberta. Thank You Lord for this past week, maybe today pass along my 24 to someone still struggling...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Enough people in the Club and Café, looks like I might have to hire a full time cook and server! Anyway, I think it's time for 3 eggs over easy, hash browns, extra bacon, on white please! Oh yea, and a cup of that Columbian dark roast, black please...
                Last edited by abcowboy; April 23, 2017, 08:29 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

And one other thing, any of you suffer from heartburn? This may sound a bit crazy, but it's true, and Bubba knows it's true but can't understand it either, but every 10 years I spend the whole year suffering from terrible heartburn!

It all started when I turned 30, then each decade from then on, 40, 50, and now 60! Sure, I would get a bit of heartburn during the years in between, but nothing like the decade years. Even told my Doc about it to see if it was acid reflux, but he said it was all in my head lol. Maybe that's true cause for the life of me I can't come up with any other reason. Oh well, thank God for candied ginger!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just about 11 on a cold cloudy day in Saskatchewan but I'm here asking for another 24 AF hours. It looks like I have to start checking in more than once a week, so much to catch up on. I just wanted to say thank you ABC for being who you are. If you wouldn't have kept pushing me I would still be buying wine. I still remember you telling me each time I relapsed that if nothing changes nothing changes and you were sooooo right. I share what you say with the members of my AA group and you have no idea how many people you help. I am proud to be able to call you my friend.

Comment

Oh, and no heartburn here, it must only happen to old geezers haha

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        Enough people in the Club and Café, looks like I might have to hire a full time cook and server! Anyway, I think it's time for 3 eggs over easy, hash browns, extra bacon, on white please! Oh yea, and a cup of that Columbian dark roast, black please...
                        I'll volunteer as short order cook part time. :flip: Spent too many yrs in that industry. Front and back end. Still, I'd happily be willing to serve this wonderful group. I offered here this am, hubs is addicted to popcorn. :love: It's nice to have a break. I'll take another cup of your delicious Columbian dark roast, plz.....:smile:

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        And one other thing, any of you suffer from heartburn? This may sound a bit crazy, but it's true, and Bubba knows it's true but can't understand it either, but every 10 years I spend the whole year suffering from terrible heartburn!

It all started when I turned 30, then each decade from then on, 40, 50, and now 60! Sure, I would get a bit of heartburn during the years in between, but nothing like the decade years. Even told my Doc about it to see if it was acid reflux, but he said it was all in my head lol. Maybe that's true cause for the life of me I can't come up with any other reason. Oh well, thank God for candied ginger!
                        Have from time to time. Occasionally, over the yrs take Prilosec. Also candied ginger. Have you ever had a Endoscopy or Colonoscopy? Most Ins in the states, pay at ages 50 again at 60 or in between if there's high risk. Hope you get to the bottom of this. Perhaps a change in diet is in order? Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Another 24 please on this good day. Thank you!...
                        Last edited by Wildflowers; April 23, 2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Just about four in the afternoon here in Jersey and after yesterdays rain it is a sparkling bright spring day, crept back to 64f. Will definitely partake of some dark roast! cUcU Another 24 please!
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Coming up on 5 here is sunny San Diego. Making some spaghetti sauce and it smells yummy.
                            Wish you all could join for dinner.

I can chip in on the cooking - Wildflowers shouldn't have to do all of the work!

Another 24 please!

Comment

a perfect day in the Texas Panhandle...only light wind which is rare for us. Another 24 please.

Comment

I'll most definitely help out where I can! Sweep out some of those cobwebs (figurative and literal!), wash down tables and keep the coffee fresh!
                                It's a lovely evening here in good old St. Paul, and the caffeine stops at noon for me, but a cup of chamomile would be perfect!
                                Chalk 24 hours up for me please.
                                "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                                “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X