No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Lots of rain here today I guess from Hurricane Laura moving up the coast well now its a tropical storm. Thunder and rain most of the night. I love a good thunderstorm as long as I’m home and not driving in it! Ginger hope your vision is exactly what you wanted. So glad both eyes are done now. Cowboy you have a lot of work to do. Every time we move it’s exhausting. The memorial service was very nice. Lots of shared stories and music. My relative would have been proud. There were about 50 people with great social distancing in place. So I have no concerns about being exposed. (Fingers crossed as it seems you can get it anywhere). Leaving tomorrow to start the journey to Florida. Wishing everyone a safe and AF Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

So glad that your second eye surgery went well Ginger! I think that you will be very pleased with the results!

I don't envy you cowboy! I've always hated moving, and hope that I never have to again, but I guess that you just never know.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I would rather have a root canal with no anaesthetic than move! Cowboy, I hope it goes as well as can be expected.

Safe journey south Rava. Look forward to hearing you’ve safely arrived.

Windy and much cooler here today, good opportunity to open windows and air out the house.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:39 am in Vegas another 24,glad it went well Ginger! Dill I hate moving too, I used to love it, Rava glad the service went well, I'm tired of covid taking stuff away yet it's ok for thousands of people to March in one spot, I know why they're doing it and I feel for them but now is not the time if this virus is as bad as they say it is.
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh my gosh! To see without glasses! I was born with myopia so seeing without glasses is like a dream. I can see in the shower!! I wish I could have had this surgery 60 years ago. 🤓

Safe travels, Rava. Will you come back or are you down there for the winter Now?

Pauly, I moved every 5 years until I was 45 so I kept things simple and easy to pack and go! Seemed like a big adventure back then. NOT any more! Big pain.

Dill, I see Foyle's War on Prime. We will give it a watch soon!

Happy weekend everyone!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger it must be like a new lease on life having such great sight! Glad it all went well! I hope you like Foyle's War. Michael Kitchen has the most interesting facial expressions. I just love watching him.

Rava, safe travels.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rise and shine, it's breakfast time!

Comment

Eggs Benedict, one of my all time favorites! Thanks Cowboy. :heartbeat:

Temps dropped overnight into the 50's! What a dramatic change from our previous overnights in the 70's. Great sleeping weather.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hope your travel south was safe and uneventful [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...

Sounds like the surgery was a major success [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

One trailer load done! Got the 3 spare bedrooms mostly set up, Bubba just has to get the bedding on once she decides what goes where lol. Our bedroom furniture will come over in the last load, it'll be nice to have our king size bed here instead of the double bed we're sleeping on right now. Got the tv all set up, turns out our smart tv isn't so smart after all, it's too old to have the Prime Video app work on it. But I hooked up my small Acer Spin to it and ran Prime from there, works like a charm! A few things to do today, but nothing involving heavy lifting lol.
                        Last edited by abcowboy; August 30, 2020, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the great breakfast. LOVE EGGS BENEDICT! We are on the road. Left home at 6:30 am and will drive until about 6 pm before finding a hotel. We are heading there for about 4 - 6 weeks then back north for the holidays. Cowboy hope your move goes well. Don’t you love a not so smart TV?! Hope everyone has a great day and AF Sunday! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Ginger...I too was extremely myopic from a very young age. Being able to see in the shower was a novel experience. It was then that I realized that I had mold on the shower ceiling!

Thanks for breakfast cowboy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

61F and sunny!
                              I heard there was eggs Benedict, so I stopped by, lol!
                              Good luck with the move, Cowboy! The thought of moving send shutters down my spine. Need to de-clutter, that's for sure.
                              Years of drinking caused a build up of all kinds of crap, which is now only starting to be sorted. Sad really.
                              well enough of that, 24 more here please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We love eggs Benny, Cowboy! Thankfully there’s healthy fruit on the plate to balance the meal.

Much cooler here this morning but it’s to warm up later with lots of sunshine. Looking forward to barbecuing later on.

Smart technology. I used to tell folks that I was making progress because I had a DVD player that flashed 12:00. Sadly it was lost on those who weren’t familiar with what we once considered breaking technology!
                                I continue to be amazed at this photo editing program I have and what it can do. I have a moderate colour deficiency so always assumed it would prevent me from doing much in the way of editing. Not so!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X