No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

6:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] [MENTION=8463]mario[/MENTION] abcowboy

I'm sure there'll be more buns show up Mr V lol. Congrats SSD! Remember y'all, no quitting on your quit eh!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Just after noon here in Jersey and it's a cloudy 54. I'll take another 24 please!

“If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

That frozen yogurt looked unbelievable! I might have to quit coming here. I could put on lbs. just checking in! LOL!

Thanks for the brew, [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]!

24 Please
        Last edited by dill; April 25, 2017, 11:35 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'll happily take 24 hrs more please. Thank you.... [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] yumzie yogurt treats. Thank you!... [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] with you on some more brew, please... Theses days good coffee is much appreciated. Thank you [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]. :smile:

Comment

Just thought I'd pop by and drop off something for the night crew and cleaning staff.... see y'all in the morning!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh my word that pizza looks so good!!! Another 24 please!!

Comment

Another 24 more for me please

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

“The purpose of a goal is what you become as a person while you are achieving it.”

6:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] abcowboy

I've been thinking about trying something new for the Café, I'm presuming everyone has a smart phone or digital camera and knows how to upload pictures?
                  Last edited by abcowboy; April 26, 2017, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Looks like I'll be having leftover pizza for breakfast! Thanks, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

24 precious hours please.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

No cold pizza for me [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I'm having one of those breakfast croissants with fruit bowl that's on the menu! Along with my extra large black dark roast!

Comment

24 for me please! The new coffee machine works great thanks [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]. Hey [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I think I know where your heartburn is coming from, lol.

Comment

I'll take another 24 hrs please - on this wet - rainy day. Thank you...

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] Looks like the over night crew cleaned up well with pizza and wings. Don't see a crumb leftover. Pizza is a fave. Have been lately using Nano bread and making Mediterranean style. Glad I made it in time for those delicious croissants, served with healthy fruit bowl. :strawberry: Thanks so much!.... Breakfast is served 24 hrs in the Cafe... :flip:

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] Are you wanting to post personal pics? Its been a while since doing to a website. I recommend using a third party site, for security. Stirlygirl gave us suggestions and warnings several yrs back. Not sure if that info is still here. I'll take a look.

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] Yes. lol Leaving some Antacids in case. Don't want to get canned from my new job. We may have to re-visit the menu. Take a hint from the Army food. Mr WF, saw those cinnamon buns. I know he's stopping for donuts this am. :ambivalence:

Comment

Just after 11:30 am here in Jersey and the rain has stopped but it is still a cloudy 59f. Another 24 please! Anyone need a top off?

When it comes to posting images one has to keep in mind that there is location information embedded in the images from our phones. To offset the [MENTION=9640]Forum Manager[/MENTION] did recently convert us over to a secure website which mitigates some of the risk though I haven't seen notification of who issues the SSL cert.
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I thought of my diet and how much coffee I drink as well [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], but my diet doesn’t change much from year to year. I know I should taper off my intake of coffee, but coffee and tradespeople go together just like drinking and tradespeople go together lol. The other thing is that I never get heartburn before around 8pm. 'Tis a head scratcher for sure. Bubba and I eat pretty healthy for the most part, bacon and eggs only once a week on Sunday mornings, very little fried foods in our diet, but I do enjoy my spicy foods. I just can’t figure out for the life of me why the heartburn is so bad every 10 years lol.

I’m not thinking about posting personal pics of ourselves [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], that’s what FB is all about lol. We have such a diverse group of people here, from all walks of life, ages, locations, jobs, pets, hobbies, etc. We can get to know each other better through pics and explanations of those types of things. Mick posts lots of those type of pics in the Abs threads. I’m thinking more along the lines of things, people, places that we see each day that impress or inspire us, pics of how we fill our everyday life since we have so much spare time now that we don’t waste so much of it drinking! An example is below, most people who I run across would never know I like to grow things, flowers, vegetables, etc. but it is a hobby of mine, something that I can keep my mind and days busy doing. If you’re concerned about security, then for sure don’t feel obligated to post anything, as [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] pointed out, smartphones attach all sorts of info with the pics. But if you’re not too worried, let's get those phones and cameras out and start posting!

Things are coming up nicely! We'll see how well the cucs and tomatoes do in the containers...

As far as antacids, good thing you stocked up on some. I used to use Tums till Bubba got me to try candied ginger, sugar coated soap my son says lol, but within 10 minutes of eating a piece, no more heartburn, and it works well on headaches for a lot of people!

Anyway, I’d better get back to cleaning my shop. I’m a plumber, gas fitter, a/c tech, and locksmith by trade but have experience in most all the construction trades, so if any of you ever need advice on those topics, don’t be afraid to ask!

Comment

I've mostly used ginger (raw root rather than candied) for nausea and to stimulate my metabolism. Know studies have shown using it for motion sickness can be as effective as prescription medicines. Interesting that it can be used for heartburn too.

Ginger | NCCIH

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X