~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:50 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Seeing the grandkids on Saturday was what we needed! Skype visits are great but nothing beats an in person visit.

It feels strange not to have a winter escape planned, as we usually do by mid-September. We received an email from the resort in Mexico where we usually stay, telling us they’re re-opening in early October. As much as we’d love to go, it isn’t worth risking Covid-19.
      And the Farmer’s Almanac is predicting a cold winter with more snow than usual. Wonderful.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

The person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed.
        ~Bennett Cerf

This is a reminder for myself mostly! I tend to be quiet, reserved. As a child I laughed easily and often. But as an adult I lost that ability as adult responsibilities tended to weigh on me. I have therefore made it a conscious effort to laugh more and to actively find fun. Lately it's been more of a struggle! I doubt I am alone in that. So......Live, Love, Laugh!

Meeting a gf for a walk this morning. Maybe I get some practice in!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, hope that air quality clears up soon and they get the fires under control. I have been seeing lots of pictures. So sad. Hope everyone has a great day. We are still soggy from Tropical Storm Sandy. Gonna take a while to dry out. Still wishing I could send this rain out west! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I'm with you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I seem to have lost the ability to laugh or bring laughter. Probably because I'm by myself most of the time lol. Of course there has to be something to laugh about, and that doesn't seem the case with everything that's going on in the world. Still, there's always a reason to laugh and be laughed at, must try harder...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think that a lot of folks are having a difficult time finding humor in the world today. Very sad.....

I heard a school bus go down the road this morning for the first time in several months. For whatever reason, I felt a sense of normalcy, and it gave me a glimpse of hope about the future.

24 more please and thank you for letting me wake up hangover free every day!

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas another 24,wishes for a nice AF day for us all!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m participating in my first Parkinson care partner/care giver meeting via Zoom today. Looking forward to learning how others cope with the many aspects of living with Parkinson’s Disease.

Mrs QW is having a tough time dealing with the sale of her car as it represents yet one more loss to her. I pointed out that she can still drive, the Jeep is available and she has friends who can take her places if I can’t. PD regularly steals a bit of one’s ability to do things which is very frustrating. Mrs QW has PD but we both live with it.

I hope headway is made in fighting the west coast fires. So sad to see the devastation the fires have caused and unimaginable that some were deliberately set. Some of the east coast rain would be a huge help.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone and let’s all find a reason to laugh at something today.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another day of dense smoke here. May get a little rain Friday. Praying that happens!

Plans changed so I'm "teaching" today. Need to get going but sending AF thoughts to anyone that needs them! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning. Up early this morning as we are headed to the Florida Everglades for an airboat ride. Hopefully we will see some alligators! I will post a picture if we see one. Hope everyone has a great day. Hope the zoom meeting went well QW and yes you are both living with PD. Being a caretaker is really hard. Ginger still hoping you get some rain and the wildfires get under control. Cowboy keep laughing.... Fake it until you make it. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day but the smoke in the upper atmosphere gave kind of an eerie feeling to the day. I hope the fires in the PNW come to an end soon.

Rava, have fun on the boat ride! One time years ago we took a swamp tour in Louisiana. We were in a canoe and were feeding the alligators marshmallows. Crazy, but a great memory!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Last edited by dill; September 16, 2020, 06:15 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm headed to Vermilion this morning to meet Bubba at the lawyer's office to sign the title transfer papers for the house to the new owner. She takes possession Oct 1, so still lots of time to move what's left there. Thought I might miss out on the combining this morning, but I don't think they'll be starting much before lunchtime as it's -3C (27F) at the farm this morning! Lots of frost on the pumpkin for sure!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X