~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Alligators eat marshmellos? That's interesting haha, 6 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The PD care partner Zoom meeting went well yesterday. I met some nice folks, many of whom have been in the care partner role for 10 years or more. One man told about his wife, diagnosed with PD 5 years ago and now confined to a wheelchair and living in a nursing home. Very sad. One lady said she joined the group 15 years ago and that time thought there were a lot of people in worse shape than her husband. Now, she says, they’re in that group of people in bad shape.
      In spite of us all being in this situation, we did find a few things to laugh at.

Rava, have a great boat ride! Look forward to seeing pics from your adventure.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; September 16, 2020, 08:12 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Headed for a sister retreat tomorrow. Just three of us. One has decided not to go due to Covid. I completely understand but I'm still sad. We will take every precaution. Oh well.... next year, I hope.

Hoping for rain Friday but the chance has decreased to 40% so may not happen. Fires in our area are better controlled so some of our fire fighters have been dispatched to Oregon.

ABC, 27°! Now I understand why half our AZ location is Canadian!

Hope everyone has an easy day! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

QW, so glad your zoom meeting went well and you did get a few chuckles!

Rava, have a great adventure!

Comment

QW.....I think that the zoom meetings are a great idea! It must feel good to know that you're not alone as a caregiver.

For the past couple of days the skies in this area have been hazy with smoke due to the fires out west. Hard to believe that it traveled all that way, and I can't imagine being in the thick of it.

Well, it's official. I'm going to retire as of November 10th! Woo hoo! In NY I can still retire and work part time as long as I don't exceed a certain dollar amount each year. I may do that in the Spring, but I think that I'm going to take the winter off. Tired of driving in crazy snowstorms!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Woo hoo, Jude! Congrats!! You'll love retirement!

Ginger, have fun with your sisters. I'll bet you have a lot of chances for laughter!

QW, I'm glad your zoom support group meeting went so well. It's also really great that you could all find a little humor and share a laugh or two. We all need laughter, no matter what.

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congrats Jude. You will love retirement. I was scared about it but turns out it’s great not having to drive in the horrible weather or be accountable to be on time, etc. QW so glad the zoom meeting went well. Ginger, hope you have a good sister retreat. Sounds fun. Dill, the captain on the boat said he used to feed the alligators marshmallows when he was a kid. Now you are not allowed to feed them in the Everglades. Cowboy hang in there with all the moving and farming. You have a lot on your plate. Hi Pauly. I’m putting up a picture of the alligator we saw in captivity. We only saw 1 small alligator and by the time the boat got to it the alligator went under and never surfaced. The fan boat was fast and exciting so I have no complaints. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Sounds like a blast Rava! I like going fast so I would probably like that ride haha! Congratulations Jude on being able to retire yet work part time if you want, Ginger you will have fun with your sister group, everyone has to do what they feel is the right thing regarding the virus, so I'm glad you understand why the one sis wants to sit this one out. Tired this morning, 5:41 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, where'd Tony go off to? Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, hope your sister get away is tons of fun! Sorry that you’ll be missing one but as Pauly points out, everyone has to deal with Covid in the way that’s best for them.

I’ve already signed up for next month’s support group meeting, again it will be via Skype. One of the participants mentioned she and her husband recently returned to their gym. Covid precautions were in place although sanitizing the equipment after use is left to the person using it. What could go wrong? She witnessed one guy wipe one handle of a machine with a towel after his workout and walk away. A staff member saw a sign that said a machine hadn’t been sanitized. She flipped the sign to say it had been cleaned. She was glad to have brought their own sanitizing wipes to clean equipment before and after they used it. Beware of the Covidiots!

We’ve already decided we won’t be going to Mexico this winter due to Covid. The resort itself is likely not as big a problem as flying there and going through the airport.

Mrs QW’s car sold in a day without having to advertise it and for the asking price. Nice to have that out of the way.

Jude, congrats on your upcoming retirement!! As I’ve said before, retirement is the best job ever.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude!!!! Congratulations. You'll love retirement, once you adjust. Working a little will help. Is your hubs retired?

QW, too bad you can't take a driving trip. Head south, young man!

Pauly, I was just thinking of Tony too. Hope he's ok.

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. 24 more!

Comment

Finally a nice harvest day filled with sunshine! Our big problem is more than better bumper crops so we’re having to wait on the grain cart and trucks! I guess not a bad problem to have lol.

Sounds like you had quite the adventure [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! It’s something I’ve always wanted to do…

Enjoy your sister time [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! When you see your sisters it reminds me that I should get back home and visit with my remaining brother!

Ah, retirement! I bet you’re going to enjoy not worrying about those winter roads [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]…

We should have maybe invested in Zoom stocks eh [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Glad to hear you’re making use of the technology available nowadays!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] yes hubs retired last year, and we are looking forward to doing things together in the future!

I was also wondering where Tony went off to.....

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning. Hope everyone has a Good Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS Tony if you are reading this, come back and tell us how you are doing. If for some reason you are drinking again don’t be ashamed to come back. I have messed up many times and keep coming back. Don’t be a stranger.... The end of a beautiful day....

Comment

Working...
                                X