~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy....I think that it's great that you wi!! be working the harvest with your son! The farmers around here are super busy chopping corn. I can actually see across the fields lately!

QW I think that it might be wise to cancel the doctor appointment, as it's just not worth being exposed to Covid.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, so glad the skies are clearing! Thats great news. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

QW, I like to believe that the medical professionals treating Mrs. Q and other Parkinson sufferers would be hyper vigilant about covid exposure risk to such a vulnerable population. I'll be interested to hear their response. Can the appointment be done by telemed?

Ginger I'm so glad you get to see blue skies once again! That must've been a real relief for everyone!

Cowboy, that is really awesome that Adam is able to help out and that you two will be a team for the rest of the harvest. It must make you so proud.

We watched the movie Last Full Measure last night. It was really moving, a true story and I do recommend it but with the caveat that there are some gruesome scenes. It's about a war hero and the violence is a necessary but not a major part of the story. I found the story bittersweet and I found myself tearing up in several places. It's about the 30 year effort of the men he saved to get him the medal he richly deserved.

Pauly, I agree that there's not much fun in doing things virtually. Mr. D goes to the Farm Science Review every year in the Fall. This year it will be virtual. He plans on exploring it but it will be nowhere near the experience he usually gets to share with his friends.

24 more, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

46F, beautiful fall day
          24 more please

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today Dill, I seen they're doing all the marathon races they usually do in the fall here virtually, I wonder if you just jog in front of your phone or computer or what? Maybe a fitness tracker, waves to the gang and wishes for a fantabulous AF day for us all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW, if the appointment isn't critical, I'd take a pass or do telemed, like Dill mentioned. Just not worth the risk. Our numbers are looking much better and people are hoping we can move to phase 2 soon before we have no small businesses to open! What a year!

HI to everyone. Hoping for an easy AF day for all of us. 24 more, please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I think we’ll be re-scheduling Mrs QW’s appointment rather than risk exposure to the virus. And we won’t wait to hear from the hospital, we’ll call them. One of the many side effects of Parkinson’s is difficulty in swallowing, something that Mrs QW experiences periodically. Unfortunately it’s not something that can be looked at anyway other than in person.

Our mild weather continues this week which means more barbecuing! The longer we can delay putting the patio furniture away for the winter, the better. However, in preparation for winter, we’re having our gas fireplace checked out today. Can’t say I’m looking forward to winter but sitting by the fireplace reading a book is a nice way to spend some time.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; September 22, 2020, 10:19 PM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

53F and sunny
                    Getting the house painted, they start today. Should take about a week, wow$$$.
                    I painted houses years ago, but don't want to get up on a ladder anymore. A lot of things I don't want to do anymore, lol.
                    I guess the money I've saved over the past three years not drinking has paid for it, at least that's how I'm looking at it.
                    24 more please.

Comment

The other day, I was reminiscing on my drinking days, and there was nothing good about it. Nothing robs ambition more than booze, and I sure don't miss sitting in my recliner watching tv and feeling like a slug. Good riddance!

Sunny and warm with temps in the 70's for the rest of the week! Love it!

Good choice QW in switching to a telemed appointment for Mrs. QW! Much safer but I agree with you that it does have its limitations.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I screwed up last night. Not proud but not going to dwell on it either. I’m humbly asking for another 24 hours please and thank you. Making a plan to stay super busy tonight to keep the demon at bay. Just wish I could be normal. Maybe in my next life......

Comment

Our visit with our niece was delayed a day but did happen yesterday. It was great to catch up but I have to admit I am concerned about her. She is dating a man that is 20 years her junior and altho he is very pleasant, I can't help but be suspicious of his intentions. Nothing for me to do about it tho. She is almost 50yo so unless she asks what I think, mum's the word!

Mr. V, we have had an estimate on some plaster work recently and we were shocked at the number. It can't be put off, but we are trying to think of work arounds. When we were younger it wouldn't have been an issue. But at our age, ladders are generally a no go! The other thing we've been looking at recently is building a second home on our property. The cost of lumber is out of sight! Building costs are sky high too.

Rava, you shake last night off and stick with with the cafe!

24 more pls and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, glad you’re right back with your friends in the Cafe.

Mr V, I wish I had set aside the money I’ve not wasted on booze in the last 18 months or so. I’d have well over $8,000. I’d also like to have the money I used to spend on cigarettes. It’s been over 37 years since I gave that up.

I gave our extension ladder to a neighbour a couple of years ago as I’m too old to be doing anything on a 24 foot extension ladder. We do have a step ladder that I use for changing light bulbs. If I need anything I can’t do, I’ll get help.

Our fireplace cleaning evolved into a couple of additional items. The plumber is a friend and while not cheap, (in my opinion anyway), $100 an hour, the work is done right and if there’s ever a problem, he’ll make sure it’s made right. And like so many other things, you get what you pay for.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X