~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, you are right back where you belong!

School day here! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Ah but I’m such a procrastinator! I keep telling myself that when I get rolling up and down the field on auto-steer I’ll type out a post, then totally get absorbed in what the combines are doing I forget to make a post. So I’m going to do it now!

Once again the crop is yielding so good that we have 3 combines right full and waiting for the trucks and grain cart, good time to type some more! I gave Adam a quick ½ hour course on the combine and headers and within an hour he was keeping up and even passing us at times! Not taking anything away from my boy, but any one of you could be running up and down the field in the combine as they are so automated and easy to operate!

Adam and I work well together [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], probably because we don’t do it all that often lol

Great job on recognizing that drinking leads only to regret and sadness [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! This is where you need to be so stick close!

Last edited by abcowboy; September 24, 2020, 06:31 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Get back on the horse Rava! We're here to give you a boost into the saddle if you need it!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

58F and a little overcast.
          Painters started yesterday, and are doing a good and thorough job. No actual painting yet, just prep work, they're working their tails off. Impressive.
          There is no such thing as normal.
          24 more here please

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the words of encouragement. I did fine last night and never even thought about drinking. I hate it when the urge sneaks up on me. I’m thankful that I did not get drunk because that would have been just too much. I realize that even a few glasses are NOT the way I want to go. I know how that ends and I don't like the person I become. So I’m back on track for now. Loved the combine pics Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great day. Hubs and I are off to attempt to play Pickleball for the first time. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Yep Rava the idea is one thing but actually drinking is a huge disappointment, glad you got right back on the path of wellness, I say wellness instead of sobriety or sober just cuz those words bug me, I don't know why, I think to close to "somber" and not drinking is a form of happiness not somberness to me, got plenty of sleep but still tired zzzzz, Cowboy, I know you two work good together, I think I was just saying that while my daughter and I get along fab it's hard for us to work together especially since technically she's now my "manager" since the owner gave her the responsibility of doing his deposit and manning the shop, 5:46 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today! Wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, pickle ball is fun and great exercise. Hope you like it. I'm glad last night was easy. One day at a time!

Thanks for the pics, ABC. Beautiful country you have there.

Today is my last eye appointment so I can get my new prescription. I'm looking forward to getting my glasses back. This taking on and off business is for the birds!

Better get my teacher hat on and get going. Hope everyone has an easy AF day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, glad last evening went well for you. One day at a time, right?

We participated in a Parkinson’s webinar yesterday on planning for the future. It was an eye opener but good to know what lies ahead even if it is scary. One day at a time applies to PD as well!

According to our federal government, we’re already into the second phase of Covid and there are predictions that toilet paper, Lysol wipes and baking ingredients will again be in short supply. Covidiots!

If the wind dies down later on, I’m going to barbecue salmon for supper.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava...what is pickle ball???

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

55F and overcast
                        Wonderful words today, Pauly. Drinking is a huge disappointment.
                        24 more of wellness for all of us please

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, Pickle ball is a cross between tennis and ping pong. It’s played on a small court. It’s very very popular here on the east coast. We had fun, but definitely will not play competitively. Spent most of the time picking up the ball instead of hitting it. Good exercise and lots of laughs. Pauly, yes I like the word wellness over sober also. I also stopped counting the days and just try to stay AF. Lots of rain predicted today. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today Rava, I quit counting days just cuz I feel like this is my lifestyle, not a countdown to anything cuz we all know there's no finish line, it's a lifestyle we want to live, also I'd get to day 100 or whatever and tell myself"oh my goodness this is where I slipped up last time' or "meh 100+ days is pretty good, I got a good stretch in I can drink" just toxic thinking that wasn't working for me. I had never heard of pickleball until our governor opened that up months ago as one of the first few activities people could go do and I thought he was an idiot, now seeing people play it does look really fun but I imagine you're sore today haha, waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pickleball is crazy popular in the southwest too. It's picking up popularity up north too because so many snowbirds want to keep playing when home. Pickleball is to boomers what shuffle board was to the retirees before us.

Another week of online learning behind us. Dad's home to do classes today. Not sure what their plan is when we head south in six weeks.

Enjoying cooler weather! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X