~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I hope you get your wanderlust back Ginger. I'm sure it's there, just gone dormant for the time being.

Pauly all you can do is give your advice/opinion. After that our kids will do what they're gonna do, eh? I've let go of worrying about it. They must find their own way, just as we did.

I don't know why but I am feeling more optimistic these days. Things are due to turn up. 2021 will be much better than 2020, but I am holding out hope that we actually have a strong finish to 2020!

Cowboy, thanks for the pics. I would love to see a moose but am glad that they don't live around here. I think they are kind of frightening. Deer will do, thank you very much.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ginger, maybe once you get to your warm destination you will feel better. I feel very safe traveling. We only stop to use restrooms or a night at a hotel. We have sanitizer in the car and masks as well. It’s not much different than going to the grocery store each week. You have to feel comfortable tho in what you do. Hauling a big camper thru the mountains would scare me. I hope you feel comfortable with what ever you decide. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

We should be able to see the space station tonight here in our area at 7:50pm. The skies are expected to be clear, so I guess we'll give it a go. We have a 5 minute window in which to view it...

Cowboy, I'll be a little sad when your harvest season is over because there will be no more of your great pics.

Look at the little guy that stopped by on my deck the other day to say, "Farewell!"

Isn't it amazing what the phone camera can do?!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ginger, I'm sorry I completely spaced out the cold winter, yeah I wouldn't want to deal with that either heck I'm whining about it being 70 something in the morning here cuz it feels cold to me! Then it gets like 98 in the afternoon and I get annoyed with that cuz I'm dressed too warm, grrrr, I don't have a fear of traveling this year I just want to enjoy myself when I travel somewhere and not be having all these rules when I do finally travel if that makes sense? Dill, nice pic 5:57 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yikes! Almost forgot to check in. Today's is testing for the boys. Got to put my teacher hat on and get going! Glad I don't drink. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Today is the last time our fresh produce vendor will be in our town until next June. I always look forward to the goods he brings because they are better in most cases than what the local grocery stores carry.

We had a FaceTime visit with our Calgary family last evening and will do so again over the weekend. This weekend is our Thanksgiving holiday and will be the first time in 7 years we haven’t been together with our kids and grandkids to enjoy a fine meal.

Our mild weather continues so yesterday I barbecued enough chicken to put a few meals worth in the freezer, to be enjoyed sometime during the winter.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well, just got back to the camper after a day in the field, and it looks like it’ll be my last night here! Yep, we have a 115 acre field to do tomorrow to end the 2020 Harvest!

Then it’ll be just to pack everything up and take it to the house in Veg, time to get used to my new normal. To be honest, the camper feels more like home to me than the house in Veg does. Maybe one day I’ll quit feeling like a visitor when I walk through the door. It’s just a house, Bubba and Hank are my “home”. And that’s all I need.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So many changes in your life right now cowboy, but you have a good attitude about it! You're right in that home is where your loved ones are. Hopefully, when you add some personal touches to the new house, it will feel more like home.

Mixed feelings this morning as it is officially my last day of work; I do however, have a plan. I definitely need a roadmap, otherwise I'd be circling aimlessly!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thinking of you today Jude as you move through your last day!! Big day for you. Cowboy, you are so right your family is what makes your home. Hope everyone has a great AF day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

"Home is where the heart is."

Cowboy, you are so right: Bubba and Hank are your home.:heartbeat: This house we live in now felt horrible when we moved in. It was run down and neglected and dirty. The yard was full of trash and old rusted out cars and bikes. It took time but after a lot of work it began to feel like home. You'll settle in, with time.

QW how about you give me a bit of your freezer chicken and I give you some of my hash brown casserole that I froze in meal sized portions? Deal? I used a 'copycat' recipe for Cracker Barrell's Hash Brown Casserole and it was a pretty darn good recipe.

Yay for you, Jude!! Your last day! It will be emotional for you, but you'll get thru it. And you'll LOVE retirement!

We did see the space station last night as it zoomed by. It was visible for the 5 minutes it took to travel from horizon to horizon. It was amazing...there were people up there in our sky!!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Enjoy your last day of work [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I'm sure you'll be busier than you think you might be in retirement!

Comment

Enjoy your last day, Jude. You sound like you have a plan. You'll do fine and after a while you'll wonder how you ever had time for work!

Another crazy day around here. Gotta go! Glad I don't drink. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X