~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Congratulations Jude, you'll be fine, just gotta come up with some new hobbies and you are still volunteering so that's something, Ginger, it's wonderful you can help out with school for the g-kids, that was a concern on the news that some parents who are working don't have the time or anyone to help out with the guidance with distance learning, they're lucky to have you! Cowboy, hopefully it'll feel like home eventually but I know that feeling well that's why I haven't moved, I know somewhere else I might feel like I'm just "living there" and still think of this house as home, I'm not very adaptable these days, allergy season is here, my whole family is sneezing (no not the 'rona) I had to go to bed early last night so I could just take an antihistamine and sleep my sneezing was going so crazy haha, Dill, did you watch the debate between the vp's? Not to talk politics but I was bored and turned it to Law and Order instead, reruns but better than that, anyhoo waves to all and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
    Last edited by paulywogg; October 8, 2020, 08:09 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, congrats on retiring! I bet before long you’ll be wondering how you ever got things done when you were working.

Cowboy, during my mis-spent youth in banking, we moved a lot. I learned that home is where you hang your hat at night. The building isn’t important, it’s the people inside that matter. And you’ve got Bubba & Hank there with you. Being a handy guy, undoubtedly there are things that you’ll want to improve. In no time it’ll become more yours.

Dill, I’ll gladly share some chicken. Hash brown casserole is a favourite with our family and always disappears when the kids and grandkids are here. And, coincidentally, there’s room in our freezer for some.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I figured I might get a couple of more pics in before this harvest ends. We only have a couple of hours left to finish up! I’ll have a Pepsi or two in the shop with the boys for the post harvest celebration then it’ll be time to finishing packing, load everything and head for Veg!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

And the final pic for this year!!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Love the pics, ABC!

Comment

Great pics cowboy! Lots of space and big machinery!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I'll use most anything as a cake day in the Café, but this a fantastic reason!

Congratulations [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Loved your pictures Cowboy. Wow those machines are huge!!! Beautiful countryside! OK Jude, were you able to sleep in this morning? Today is day 1 for you of your next chapter! Hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

It's nice to be done with harvest! And even nicer to be back to day-to-day living with Bubba and Hank! It's thanksgiving weekend in Canada and I'm going to enjoy a 4 day weekend off because I'm not going to do anything today either. Well maybe attack some of those 100 or so boxes that need unpacking lol. I need to at least get my office sorted out so that I can do some invoicing and get my job board put back up.

Funny how you mentioned about hunting with Adam [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], it just so happens that I got drawn to hunt bull moose this year! One of my first things to do next week is to put a couple of trail cams up in the field where we saw him and see if he sticks around for the next 3 weeks till hunting season opens.

Comment

Turns out, if you knock a glass out of the cupboard and it hits granite it shatters in a million little pieces! What a way to start the day. Hoping it's not a sign. Lol

Hoping everyone has a "shatter free" day! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Ugh I hate breaking glass Ginger cuz it seems I never get every piece and find shards throughout the day, sorry you had that first thing, Cowboy, cool pics so much land wow! Happy retirement Jude, cake looks good, I love a white cake with coffee or any cake with coffee haha, 5:54 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a fabulous AF Friday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I found out yesterday that I’ve been matched to mentor a new entrepreneur who is transitioning from military service. I’m looking forward to getting involved in this program!

Cowboy, one of my favourite holidays was a week I spent hunting with a buddy of mine years ago. I had cow elk and bull moose tags that year but didn’t fill either. The best part was spending a relatively mild week out in the woods with my buddy.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians on the site! It’ll be different this year because of Covid but still an opportunity to reflect back on the good things we enjoy.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the great cake [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Delicious! Hope that you get a moose this year! I've never had moose, what does it taste like??

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Canadian folks!
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...no, I haven't slept in yet! I've always been a morning person, and am usually up at 5:00 am. That may change when I hear the cold winds howling and snow slashing at the windows! :sleeping:

QW...I think that's a great idea about you mentoring folks in need of your services. What an awesome way to share your knowledge and experience!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Welcome to retirement, Jude!

Thanks for all the great pics, Cowboy. Those machines are impressive. I can't even imagine piloting one of them!

Pauly, I watched about a half hour or so of the VP debate. It was past my bedtime!

The fall colors are at their peak around here. It's a treat to take a drive.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X