~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I had you in mind throughout the day yesterday QW, but the clouds would not leave and the colors remained muted until after our supper. I wasn't prepared to go anywhere at that time of day so no picture. Sorry. I'll try again today but it is not likely because rain is forecast.

When do you depart for AZ, Ginger? Will the grands be done with online schooling anytime soon? Our are starting in person classes at the end of this month. Here's a very reassuring article about schools NOT being super spreaders based on data analysis from the last two weeks in September. Check it out. It will make you feel less anxious. The most significant info is in the fourth paragraph:

Schools Aren't Super-Spreaders - The Atlantic

Pauly, I hope your grands get back to school really soon too. I know how worried you have been about their mental health.

24 more pls and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It's Thanksgiving Day in Canada today, and I have so many things to be thankful for; Bubba and Hank, my family, you my friends, relatively good health, and especially my sobriety. Everyday should be like Thanksgiving, so stop and take a moment each day to remind yourself of something you are thankful for...
      Last edited by abcowboy; October 12, 2020, 06:57 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. QW sounds like you have amazing neighbors! Headed today to meet my daughter for lunch. We have 1 week left before we head north. Kind of wish we didn't have to head back but once back I’m happy to see the family. I am grateful that we can have the best of both worlds for now. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, enjoy your daughter time and safe travels when you head north. When will you head back down?

ABC, thanks for the "being thankful" reminder. I need to do that daily!

Thanks for the link, Dill. I'll go read it next. The youngest gkids are to go back Oct 19 and the middle schooler goes back Nov 1. All half days through Jan 24 as of now.

Rainy and windy here today. I can see snow in the high country! We were planning to leave Oct 27 but now I have an appt on the 28th that will push that a bit.

Got to get ready for school. Waves to all! Let's all have another 24!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Quick check in this morning as I have a virtual meeting with the entrepreneur I’ve been matched with. She’s on the other side of the country and there’s a 3 hour time difference.

Ginger, we knew a couple, near retirement, who took on the role of parenting their new born grandson. The parents were drug addicts and this baby will have life long challenges. Thankfully he has supportive grandparents.
              And, as many of us know, there’s a reason we have kids when we’re young!

Stay safe everyone, have a great af Monday. I too am going to reflect today on things I’m thankful for.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thankful for all of my friends here!

Rainy and windy here this morning . . .yuck!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the reminders to be thankful. It's so easy to lose sight of that in the hustle bustle of everyday life. I'll focus on it today. There's lots to be grateful for.

Big storm here last night. I bet lots of leaves came down in all that wind and rain. Waiting for the sunrise to see....

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; October 13, 2020, 06:43 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Harvest is over, the long weekend is over, and I start back to normal work from a new base of operations lol. This is going to take some getting used to. And Adam starts his new job today at the Viterra grain terminal here in Veg, so we'll be passing each other on the highway morning and night lol.

How are you settling in to retirement [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], this being your first real week of relaxing lol.
                      Last edited by abcowboy; October 13, 2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, we leave next week to head north and then mid January head south. Lots of driving in our future! Beautiful here today 88 and sunny. One of our last beach days until we come back. I too am grateful for so many things. Including this group. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone enjoys their day!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I had a productive virtual meeting yesterday with the entrepreneur I’ll be mentoring. They are not as far along in their business as I expected so there will be more work involved than I thought there would be. However, the chemistry seems good, they have the right attitude and I have the time to help so we’ll see how it goes.

Our weather has really changed in the past week, cool temps and some precipitation. Guess it had to happen.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Woke up to a torrential down pour! Wonderful to have rain around here. Heavy winds coming in around 2pm. 20 to 30mph sustained winds with gust up to 60mph. We will be battening down the hatches as soon as the rain lightens up!

QW, my heart goes out to those grandparents you mentioned and that poor baby. You here this so much anymore.

Got to run, school day. Let's all get through another 24 unscathed and AF!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] ...I'm settling in nicely as far as the retirement goes. I'm a real homebody, so it's nice not to have to go anywhere unless I want to! So far, I have not been bored, as there is plenty of things to do around here to keep me busy!

I think that it's great that you are mentoring [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! What a great way to spend your free time!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X