~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy it won't be long before your new base feels like home. It's going to sneak up on you gradually!

Jude, I'm happy to hear you are adjusting so easily to retirement. It was the same for me.

24 more please and thank you for each and everyone here.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, glad you are having rain. Are the fires out? Jude, glad you are settling into retirement. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Today is busy with a few medical appointments so this will just be a quick check in.

Congrats on Day 2100 Cowboy! That’s awesome.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; October 14, 2020, 07:49 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude, glad you're adjusting nicely to retirement Ginger, yes rain! Lucky! QW, glad you got paired with someone who's a good fit, that's probably more important to have a good connection than them being further along with the business, 5:52 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful day!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Our fire season is over thank goodness!

Jude, glad you're enjoying your "home" time in retirement. That was the hardest thing for me. I was not a homebody at all and wore my poor homebody hubby out dragging him all over the country!

ABC, congrats on 2,100 days! Such an accomplishment. 👍👏🎉

Another gkid day. Best get going! 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] ...Wow! 2100 days! That's quite an accomplishment! :balloons:

Looks like you have a lot of traveling in your future Rava! Where up north are you heading?

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

62F rain and a cool off coming today.
                  It's been a while, went on a biking adventure through NY, VT, and NH. Hit some great trails and saw some beautiful foliage. Probably got 100 miles or so from your house, Jude, lol.
                  Well and still sober.
                  Got to give a read back.

Comment

:welldone::sohappy:2100 DAYS is a HUGE accomplishment, Cowboy! Congrats!:sohappy::welldone:

And thanks for your support and leadership here in the cafe. It's one of the things for which I am grateful.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; October 15, 2020, 06:29 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy happy 2101 days. Thats huge and we are so proud of you! Thanks for all you do for us including all the breakfasts you make and words of encouragement. I consider you our fearless leader! Ginger, glad the fire season is over for you. Been a scary few months! Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thank you for everything my friends! It's great that we can share in each other's accomplishments and achievements, it's what the Café is all about, friends helping friends. And everyone who is trying to quit drinking is my friend!

My sober app tells me that I've saved $31,500 since I've quit, sure wish I would have saved it lol. But you know, it's not about the money that I've saved, it's about the things that I've saved in myself. My self-esteem, my ability to get through problems with a clear head, and knowing that I can face and conquer anything without needing alcohol to get through or escape with.

I got to thinking about all the others who have come and gone through the Café, wondering where they are today, how they are doing. We make up the core group here and all of us are determined to quit and stay quit. And I know from experience that we can all do it, all it takes is a commitment to make our lives better. And we're doing just that every time we sign in. That commitment will one day turn into long term sobriety for each and every one of us, I believe that with all my heart. If we can't do it alone, why not do it with people we've come to know, love, and trust!

Comment

Now, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], you have to explain to me what this mentorship program is all about, and what it entails. You've definitely got my interest up...

Great to see you again [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], sounds like you're enjoying this retirement thing as well!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; October 15, 2020, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Awww such wise words, Cowboy. Thank you for always being here to help! May your next 365 be filled with all you enjoy. I count you all a blessing.

24 more please! Have a great AF day everyone.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill said it best Cowboy, thanks for your support and leadership (Sunday brekkie too!) not only in the Cafe but in the other groups you post to as well. We appreciate it!
                                To answer your question about mentoring, the program matches people with business/life experience with members of our military who are transitioning from military service to entrepreneurship. I applied to join the program about a year ago, was approved a few months later and have been awaiting a match ever since.
                                The person I’ve been matched with has made good progress since our conversation Monday. Last evening I got an email from her thanking me for being her mentor. It’s a great start and there’s a lot of work ahead but her letter made my day.

We were saddened to learn yesterday of the passing of a member of our Parkinson support group. He went into hospital last month to have a pace maker put in. After his first day in hospital, he contracted Covid and died from it 3 weeks later. He lived with Parkinson’s for several years and needed a walker to get around but was always cheerful and smiling. He’ll be missed.

Have a great af Thursday everyone, stay safe.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X