No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love seeing the pics posted of the areas we live, thanks [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] for the recent ones! Looks like a field of standing corn there Dill, will it be harvested or will cattle be turned into it like they go around these parts?
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe and great picture Dill. Love seeing the changing colors. The weather here in Florida is still hot but not as humid so we are slowly moving into the perfect season. Going to put on my long pants (if they still fit) to head home on Monday. Trying to soak up all the warm weather I can. Cowboy 14 degrees is insane. I don’t think I could handle that. LOL. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, Dill, nice view Rava, your pants will fit but will take some getting used to, I've worn shorts since April just cuz it's been so warm here that when I went to out on pants it felt weird having something on my legs! QW, you do have the best neighbors me and my daughter are going for a test today cuz one of my coworkers tested positive for covid, I really don't feel like dealing with this crap at all! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great photo Dill, you live in beautiful country!

I’m attaching a photo of my love in photography, flowers. In this case, lillies from our neighbours yard.

Rava, 14F isn’t bad. I love the changes in our seasons and don’t actually mind cool temps. We’ve been fortunate to have escaped winter to a warm destination every year (except 2020) and after a week or 10 days, we’re ready to come home. I don’t think I could live in a climate that’s hot year round.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, thanks for posting that lovely picture of the Stargazers. I have been wishing you would post one of your photos. That one is gorgeous!

Cowboy, that corn will be harvested. Turning cattle into a standing corn field is not a practice in our area. Do they eat the corn, stalks and all?

Pauly, fingers crossed for your test results. I feel like you: I'm done with the covid crap. Unfortunately I don't think it's done with us yet!

Rava, I hope your long pants fit. I know that I have put on weight from these past months of staying at home so much. Most have, I believe. I hope you will not be one of them!
            Last edited by dill; October 17, 2020, 08:49 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Lovely picture, Dill. It's been years since we've been home to see fall colors. Everything is still green around here!

Pauly, sorry to hear about your coworker. Fingers crossed you and your daughter are clear.

ABC, when we decided to try full-time rv-ing, We got rid of half of everything we owned and put the rest in storage. Three years later when we moved into our new home, half of the stuff in storage was donated. Just goes to show how much stuff accumulates and how much we don't really need!

Visiting family in Walla Walla this weekend. 24 more, please!

Comment

Great pics QW and dill!

Hope that your tests come back negative Pauly! This whole covid thing is getting really old, and I wish that it would just go away!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

About the same temp as yesterday, snow on the way for today, so time for a hearty breakfast!

Comment

A balmy 49F here, lol!
                      Thanks for the pictures, all.
                      Best of luck on the test, Pauly.
                      Got a weekend ticket, but it don't stop at Boozeville.
                      A little fall scene from upstate NY
                      24 more please

Comment

Loved the pic [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I love stopping in at those little country vendors, you never know what treasures you might find!

Hope the test comes back negative [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], for both you and your daughter. Sometimes I wish I would just get Covid, get over it, then get on with life.

Very little corn is harvested up here [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], a lot more is grown for human consumption in southern Alberta. Every year we look forward to seeing the roadside vendors with their signs advertising "Taber Corn" lol. I'll have to take a before, during, and after pic of a cornfield that is used for cattle grazing. It always amazes me how they can eat the frozen cobs, leaves, and stalks!

Comment

Cowboy, around here your taber corn is called "sweet corn" and it is a July/August treat. We grow a small amount in our veggie garden each year just for the family. When it is all done Mr. D pulls up the corn stalks and throws them to the cattle. They are still green at that point so I was surprised to learn from you that the cows can eat the feed corn stalks after they're dry and tough and frozen!
                          Thanks for another awesome breakfast. I love sliced tomato with my eggs!

Mr. V, what a great picture. Thanks for shariing. It's fun to see little windows on everyone's worlds!

Ginger, that's a great way to downsize. You come to realize after a year or more that the things you "had to keep" for one reason or another were actually no longer serving you. It must have been much easier to let them go at that point.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Nice pics QW and Mr. V well good news is both our tests said negative, bad news is we both feel sick, my daughter is going to get another test today, we took the rapid test and I guess those aren't as accurate? The guy who owns the smokeshop next door had Kell do his color on Wednesday, she told him she was exposed so he went to the same testing site we did and tested positive, then he insisted they test him again and yep still positive so maybe it is accurate and we just have a cold, allergies, flu whatever, I'm just really sad for this and wondering how many people were exposed grrr! This stuff is like a wildfire and just catches on so fast, 6:17 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today there's just no room in my life for it, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Just realized today is Day 600. When I started my current quit, I wanted to see how far I could go. I’m pleased with the results so far! Thanks to my Cafe friends for your inspiration along the way. Couldn’t have done it without you!!

Awesome brekkie Cowboy! Thanks.

Great photo Mr V. I love stopping at roadside shops, you never know what you’re going to find. I’m betting the store you photographed had great locally produced goods from pies to crafts to honey. Love the truck! I bet there’s a story to it as well.

Feeding time in our back yard. Every year we have tree swallows visit our birdhouse and it’s a pleasure to watch and photograph them.

Glad your test results came back negative Pauly. Hope the cold/allergies/flu symptoms go away soon.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; October 18, 2020, 08:27 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Thanks for the great breakfast. Pauly glad you tested negative but I understand your concern. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X