No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see you made it back safe and sound [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I guess no matter what direction you're headed, you're always headed home lol. But I do understand the decision about maintaining 2 residences. I'm sure the answer will come at the right time.

I'm not sure how you would winterize the washer [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'd probably just unhook the 3 hoses and lay them on the floor so they could gravity drain.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy I don't mind you asking about the breakout of the charges one bit, but I can't answer. I looked at the invoice and it didn't break out labor cost separately. And we bought a service plan which took some percentage off the parts but they didn't write that explicitly in the invoice so I can't even tell you what the exact charge was. Sorry! I can tell you we paid $263 for the Intermittent Control, oil primary control w/cooling, and $93 for Replace Fuel Pump Coupler. We then paid $180 for the service contract for maintenance. Fuel oil furnaces are not all that common here. No one would build a new home and install one. But lots of old rural homes like ours have them. We would love to have Natural Gas but the lines do not extend to our area. We have a propane tank for our kitchen range. It is also for our emergency generator.

Rava would it be cost effective for you to rent a small apartment up north for when you want to visit? Or maybe you could look into temporary solutions like long term motel rooms? I have no idea what that would cost, so just thinking out loud here.

Pauly, you and I share very similar thoughts regarding the covid situation. Our governor also was on tv last week cautioning everyone to continue taking steps for self protection and to slow the spread like mask wearing, handwashing, etc., but he stopped short of saying he will be shutting things down more than they are currently. I feel badly for him. His home is very near us and we pass it every time we go to pick up groceries, etc. There is increased security on his road and on his property as he has received many serious threats to his and his family's personal safety.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

56F
        Quick check-in
        24 more please

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the words of advice. I guess having 2 homes is not a bad position to be in. Time will tell which way we go. For now we will stay put until the decision becomes clear. It’s too muddy right now! LOL. Ginger, I have never heard of winterizing the washing machine? I will have to google that. We put insulated covers over our outside hose connections and turn our water off along with setting the heat at 55. Thats all we do. Maybe I’m missing something? We are heading for a family camping trip tomorrow. It will be fun seeing some of the kids/grandkids. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, Dill, I guess nobody's liking their governor's these days haha! Think people just want someone to blame, can't really talk about the virus without getting political so I'll stop at that. I think I mentioned that Portland daughter is moving back, she told us yesterday that they're renting a guest house on the westside, hope it works out and the people they rent from aren't weird, I don't know why they just didn't rent an apartment somewhere, kids who knows, wishing everyone a happy and healthy AF Thursday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, the washing machine is in the 5th wheel and is required if you winterize. Turns out it's easier than the rest of the process for the one we have. Add 16oz of RV antifreeze and run the spin cycle 1-2 minutes then turn it off. We will leave the heat set at 40f so we should be fine. Fingers crossed!

I agree, QW! Small town living is the best. What is your population?

Hope everyone has an easy day! 24 more!

Comment

Another 24hours please & thank you.

Rava, lots of thinking to do with having 2 houses. If you were to make your home in Florida, would your family be able to visit? Florida in the winter isn’t a bad place to be.

Ginger, this is one of the bigger small towns we’ve lived in. The population here is 13,500 and we’re big enough to have pretty much 1 of everything and what we don’t have is only a 30 minute drive away in Calgary.
                We lived in a hamlet near Jasper National Park for several years. There was 57 houses, 225 people, including 58 kids, 62 dogs and too many horses to count. We were situated on the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains and my back yard went uphill.
                I participated in a conference call one time with a participant from Los Angeles and he said he had more than 200 people living on his apartment building floor!

A busy day ahead with yet one more medical appointment plus with our courts re-opening, our youth justice committee is getting some work. I’m treasurer and have 9 months of financial info to report on for our meeting next week. I suspect this case will be the first of many since crime apparently didn’t stop because of Covid.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Pretty quiet on the home front these days. So far, not having any trouble staying busy in the early days of retirement!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

A couple of days of warm weather here. Yesterday's sunshine was fabulous. Today we're headed for rain. It's perfect Fall weather.

Hope everyone has a great AF 24 hours!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

TGIF Cafe. Jude, I am glad you are staying busy in your early retirement. I honestly thought I would hate it and was scared about the whole thing. Turns out I like it very much! LOL. QW Our place in FL has 2 bedrooms so technically we could have them come to visit. But it would have to be a short visit as space is very limited. We like the fact that it is small and easy to care for. When people in the complex want to sell they just sell it furnished. Its an easy sell and really appeals to us. Seems nice to simplify. Of course the other thought is the economy. Do you make more money by holding onto real estate or Selling and put your money in your 401K. I have seen people lose lots of money due to the economy. So again more things to consider. I am not drinking over this so onward we go. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Hi to everyone and wishing you a great Friday!

Comment

61F, very warm this morning.
                          Not much going on here. Got a sister visiting tomorrow.
                          Got a weekend ticket, but I ain't stopping at Boozeville!
                          24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It snowed overnight and we’re to get more through the day today. Might have to get the shovel out, darn it.

I took a loaf of bread still warm from the oven to our neighbours at supper time last evening. It made their day, mine too!

We’ve found a condo in Calgary that would be ideal for us so our downsizing efforts are getting into high gear.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude, glad you're keeping busy! I took Tuesday off for a telemed appointment and only did a couple of grocery delivery runs and I was stir crazy! Too much time alone to think too much, that's my problem I overthink everything, there was a good little quote on facebook the other day about overthinking I shoulda saved it, QW, our crime went up here during covid and now, people too restless I guess, or maybe using substances to escape and it just makes them crazy, Ginger glad you figured out the winterization of your washer, Mr. V enjoy your visit with your sister, Rava, I know they say now is a good time to sell but who knows what it'll look like down the road, shoot who knows how anything is gonna look down the road these days, my coworker who had covid is released to come back to work today yay! I'm just happy she's ok, I was worrying cuz she has diabetes, cirrhosis and asthma yet she pulled through and only had a small cough, fatigue and body aches, it's a blessing she's ok, 6:03 am in Vegas I absolutely won't be drinking today! Hope everyone has a fabulous AF Friday!!!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW, I can just picture your previous place near Jasper NP. We really need to head north someday once covid is over.

I'm babysitting my son's cat while he's salmon fishing on the Cispis River. I don't want to give him back! He's such a lovely house guest. Very un-cat like in my opinion. Lol

Happy Friday, Cafe friends! 24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X