~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Happy Friday to those that appreciate a Friday. I used to when I worked and now all the days blend together. Another 24 for me please and thank you. I wanted to share a cool thing I found out yesterday. For those that have You Tube if you search christmas screen savers you can get a beautiful scene to play right on your TV set. Lots to choose from. They are free. They even have aquariums with moving creatures, etc. Pretty cool. We had a picture with a crackling fireplace and falling snow on our big screen tv. Its the little things in life right?

Comment

I'll have to go to You Tube and check out the Christmas screen savers [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. What a cool idea! You're absolutely right about the little things in life that make a difference!

I've never tried CBD, but it does seem to be the rage these days. Back in the day, I smoked a lot of weed, and not for medicinal purposes. Just another addiction I guess. My brother actually got my mother to smoke some pot with him, but thankfully, she only tried it once. lol!

I am trying to incorporate more exercise into my day, as I know that in the past it has always helped with anxiety and depression. Since retiring, my days are without structure. I have plenty of things to do, but sometimes the motivation just isn't there. I'll figure it out eventually.

Pauly, hope that your hubby feels better soon, and that it's not corona virus.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:44 am I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Jude, maybe you'll be one of those retirees that hates it and goes back to work! 😉

Pauly, how's hubby feeling today?

I have a day off from school. Looking forward to a quiet house! 24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I share your aggravation of having mask elastics catching on a hearing aid Cowboy. The elastic often gets caught on the arms of my glasses too.

I love my hearing aid, got my first one 7 years ago when my grandson was very young. I didn’t want to miss hearing him say “Granddad, let’s get into mischief”. And, a big part of living with Parkinson’s is having a sense of humour. Mrs QW can’t always tell when I’m wearing mine. She’ll say something, I’ll ask her to repeat it which she does, louder. Then I’ll remind her I’m not deaf and she doesn’t need to shout!
            My current hearing aid has Bluetooth so I can receive phone calls, listen to music, etc. People often look puzzled when they see me talking to someone through my hearing aid, seemingly to myself. Fortunately I’m used to people looking at me that way!

My old hunting buddy filled his moose tag last week within the first hour he was out. He called that evening to tell me how good the tenderloin was.

The auto body repair went well yesterday. I’d sure like to be able to thank the person who cost me $200 though.

Rava, Friday is just like any other day but I still get excited by them, long weekends too. Jude, I find having a routine is important. I’m gradually resuming walks with Jessie early in the morning and that sets up my day for me.

Stay safe everyone, have a great af Friday!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi everyone. I do wear hearing aids. I have the same problem with the masks as well. I lost my right one and a person at a local car wash found under the seat of my car. It would’ve been vacuumed up. I guess I took the mask off in the car and it came out. Huge PITA. Now, before I get out of my car to enter a store, I take them out. Actually, $7K versus COVID-19 is a no-brainer for me. Have a fabulous day and let’s all do another 24. Blessings x
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi everyone. I do wear hearing aids. I have the same problem with the masks as well. I lost my right one and a person at a local car wash found under the seat of my car. It would’ve been vacuumed up. I guess I took the mask off in the car and it came out. Huge PITA. Now, before I get out of my car to enter a store, I take them out. Actually, $7K versus COVID-19 is a no-brainer for me. Have a fabulous day and let’s all do another 24. Blessings x

P.S. There is an amazing series called The Sacred Science by Nick Polizzi. It details the latest science of healing herbs and also cannabis. Goggle it if interested!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

This is my free screen saver complete with crackling noise. LOL. Good morning. Jude, I hear you loud and clear about structure. It’s been a year and thats exactly why I am volunteering to add some structure to my week. I don’t want to return to work and feel extremely lucky that I don’t have to financially but having purpose is very important for me. I’m trying to incorporate some exercise into my day as that went out the window when I retired. Just got a small mini trampoline on amazon which looks easy on the joints. You Tube is my friend for free exercise information. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please.
                  Last edited by Rava; December 5, 2020, 07:36 AM.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Love the screen saver [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I'm not 100% sure how to do it, but I think I'm going to give it a try! I know our satellite tv service provides a "crackling fireplace" channel and during Christmas it also has Christmas music playing in the background.
                      Last edited by abcowboy; December 5, 2020, 07:44 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I came across the fireplace screen saver the other day when I was playing around with my TV to see what it can do. I love it! I put it on and left the room to work on making dinner. Mr. D walked in and saw it and he was thrilled with it, too. He thought I was so clever and he asked me how I did it! Then we tried the aquarium footage of jelly fish from Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Techie, can the series be found on TV?

24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; December 5, 2020, 08:04 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

31F with the sun trying to peek through
                          Luckily I have a fireplace with gas logs, but I do miss the crackling and pops of a real fire.
                          I had one of those fake fireplaces in a rental unit years ago, and my dog would growl and bark at it, lol!
                          Mrs V has a four day weekend, got to get into some mischief!
                          Huh, what's that you say? Oh, yes, I'll take 24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our mild weather continues so I might just have to fire up the barbecue later on. It’s very unusual for temps to be this mild in December but I’m not complaining.

As soon as the sun is up, Jessie and I will head out for a walk. We go about 3.5kms and then later our neighbours take her for a 6km walk, a total of about 6 miles. She loves it!

Have a great af Saturday everyone. Stay safe.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Mr. V that's hilarious about your dog barking at the fireplace haha, Cowboy we get that same channel, think they call it yule log, tired this morning zzzzz, 6:01 am in Vegas another 24 wishes for everyone to have a happy, safe AF Saturday!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Saturday all!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X