~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Ginger I totally understand about the new phone. I just had to order a new iPad and I’m sure all the logging in and changing stuff will have to happen. That is one piece of technology I use all the time. I am lost without one. So while mine is acting up and the home button is stuck its time to upgrade. ABC. Yes we will be leaving for FL in mid January. Looking forward to warmer weather. We will drive straight thru only stopping to get gas and use the restroom. We pack our own food to eliminate contact with others and save money. I am totally not into the Christmas spirt and pushing myself to wrap gifts and be happy. I have a small 6 foot tree and a wreath on the door. Thats the end of it. Hope everyone has a great AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; December 9, 2020, 07:29 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My Christmas decorating is minimalistic this year as well. We went out on our property and saw some cedar trees that were nicely shaped and nicely sized. We decided to cut one down and use it for our tree this year. It's not as nice as a pine or a spruce, but nothing is quite right this year, so it will do! We have lights on it. I've wrapped most of the gifts but haven't bothered to carry them down the stairs and put them under the tree. I didn't put up a wreath or any other outdoor displays. I don't feel like a grinch, it's just hard to get excited when there will be no in person gatherings and no one to see and enjoy the decorations. My neighbor across the road has a lovely light display up and I really appreciate his effort. I look at it each night and early morning and intend to thank him for it. Aside from the Cedar Christmas tree I have put out my Nativity set. That gave me joy as well. We will get thru this. The vaccine is on the horizon and there is hope!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

If I remember correctly [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you put out an Advent Candle wreath? Do you guys also do readings when you light each candle? We have ours out and light the candles in order with respective readings each Sunday before supper. We also have the Nativity Scene set up as well.

How did the phone appt. go [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], what was the Doc's opinion on CBD oil? Finally the Premier took a hard stance and imposed more restrictions, including a province wide mask law! Going to be a lonely Christmas for a lot of folk, hopefully the phone lines are very busy on Christmas Day!

Not much new on my end, still waiting for the new cap for my truck. With the new restrictions announced yesterday, retail stores are allowed to stay open but at only 15% capacity so at least I'll be able to get the cap installed once it gets here!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep, it doesn't feel very Christmasy here either, got everything up but my mind is elsewhere. I don't feel one way or the other about the salon, Kell(my daughter) works there and she had a talk with the owner yesterday and he's losing ALOT of money and is thinking of selling, however he wants an absurd amount of money for that dump so good luck on that, totally missed checking in yesterday I did read but then the guinea pigs started squeaking for food and off I went haha, I feel alot like you Cowboy and just have nothing to say sometimes, not necessarily here cuz this is my pledge for the day to not drink but on my other threads I follow I just can't find any words, I wonder why anyhoo hope everyone has a wonderful AF day, be happy stay safe sane and sober!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"Do Not Pray For An Easy Life, Pray For The Strength To Endure A Difficult One. " Bruce Lee

I came across this quote today, and thought that it would be fitting for these difficult times. All of us here carry the weight of past addictions, yet we are also survivors, which has given us an inner strength that many people never attain. With sobriety comes hope, and sometimes that's all we need.

I'm sitting out on the front porch watching the snow fly. It's really quite beautiful! (especially since I don't have to drive anywhere

Christmas is definitely going to be different this year for a lot of people, but things could always be worse. We all have so many things to be grateful for, and I think that it helps to keep this in mind.

Another 24 for all of us please and thank you very much! :hug:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My phone consult went well with my doc yesterday. He thinks CBD oil with THC is a possible solution, one worth trying. I meet him in person next Tuesday to go over the product and determine a dose. No joints for my joints though!

Winter returned overnight, guess it had to happen. As Cowboy mentioned, we have new, stricter measures in place in Alberta to try to slow the COVID spread. Hopefully it works. I had already decided it was too risky to spend Xmas with our family but now we’ve been told we can’t. Skype visits will have to do.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone, stay safe!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Not sure you guys will see this but I'll try anyway. Having some major technical problems this morning. 24 more!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
                    Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My phone consult went well with my doc yesterday. He thinks CBD oil with THC is a possible solution, one worth trying. I meet him in person next Tuesday to go over the product and determine a dose. No joints for my joints though!

Winter returned overnight, guess it had to happen. As Cowboy mentioned, we have new, stricter measures in place in Alberta to try to slow the COVID spread. Hopefully it works. I had already decided it was too risky to spend Xmas with our family but now we’ve been told we can’t. Skype visits will have to do.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone, stay safe!

QW
                    So happy to hear your Dr. is supporting you on trying CBD/THC. I recommend 16:1 ratio (CBD to THC). I had worked myself to 1:1 over the course of a year. Don’t rush into too much THC other, like me, it’ll be a Magical Mystery Tour. Praying for the best!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning. A very tough night for me. I injured myself splitting firewood last evening. It’s my right hip. So it is a down day for me as I try and heal this. I tried to power through a sizable piece of pecan wood w/ my axe. Not good. I’ll have a chat with my spirit guides for healing support. In other news, I just purchased a 4 person near-infrared sauna. Delivery is after Christmas. Gad, I wish I had it now. So, it’ll be bed rest, which is such a bummer, but I have a great book I will crack open. I maintain that even when things go awry, life is good :-)

Have a GREAT day. Going for another 24. Blessings x
                      Last edited by techie; December 9, 2020, 11:55 AM. Reason: Typo
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Just recently back from ER dealing with the other wood related injury. Going to take my meds and a well deserved nap. Blessings x

Comment

29F this morning, warming to the mid 50's today.
                          Time for a bike ride.
                          Tree's up, not much else. Like everyone here it seems, a little less motivated this year.
                          Maybe it's the shorter days, in terms of daylight, or the sheer mundane routine of covid life. Probably also why I have little to say as well. I really hope this doesn't drive folks away.
                          This place can be a lifesaver.
                          I had thoughts last night about that initial rush of a big drink, how good it would feel, then played it through and pushed it out.
                          24 more please.

Comment

Sure hope the injury isn't too bad Techie. Strength to you.

Comment

Hope that you heal quickly techie! Hopefully, your power will stay on and you won't need the firewood!

Good for you Mr. V on ignoring the beast the other night! You're right in that this place can be a lifesaver at times, and it would be a shame if the good folks here started to drift away.
                              [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] ...hope that the CBD/THC combo helps out with the pain!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Techie just wondering if your wood related injury included stitches? Hope whatever it was it was minor! QW. Hope the cbd/THC combo will help you. My husband swears by it. Anything is worth a try. Hope everyone has a great day. My work is cut out for me as I make a lot of beef jerky for Christmas. Hubs cuts all the meat and I soak it and do all the dehydrating. Will be dropping it off this year vs spending time with family. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X