No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're right [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], that is a great quote for the times we're living in!

Pretty cool that you make beef jerky [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I make jerky as well, but only moose, have yet to try beef lol. Do you make your own cure and spice mixture or a store-bought one? I've tried making my own, a couple of different recipes, but always go back to store-bought as they seem to work out better for some reason. And I also use a smoker instead of dehydrator, I might have to try a few slices in the dehydrator to see the difference...

Hope the injury wasn't too severe [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! I find I still overdo some physical things even when my body tells me I'm no youngster anymore lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Techie I hope you heal quickly. Do you split all your firewood by hand? We use our woodstove 24/7 thru the winter and Mr. D's paying the price with sprains and strains but luckily no accidents of late. He uses a splitter so that helps somewhat but there is still a lot of work and wear and tear involved. Anyway, rest and heal as quick as you can!

Cowboy, I do not have an Advent wreath going but I think it is absolutely lovely that you have that Sunday ritual! I always loved the Advent candles and readings at Mass but I have not attended since Covid started. I miss it.

Jude, thank you for that quote yesterday. And for the reminder to have gratitude. I can never be reminded about that too often!

QW, why does your doctor recommend the combo instead of the straight CBD alone? Is CBD not effective against pain? I have heard that THC is, but I worry about the other effects of THC. My doc told me years ago that she would definitely prescribe medical marijuana for her patients with pain whenever it would become legal in our state, which it now is. I took that as an endorsement of THC for pain. I am going to have to research this whole subject. Thing is, it seems so hard to find objective sources on the subject. Anyway, I hope the regimen prescribed works well for you!

Pauly, Cowboy, Mr. V, I believe we are all stuck in the covid doldrums. I guess our only way out is to grab an oar! I feel like there is an island ahead now that the vaccine is here. I am disgusted with the FDA dragging its feet on approval, but they will deign to grant it in the next few days... I see Canada has granted approval already!

Rava, sounds like you are keeping well occupied making the jerky. Are you using venison or beef?

Ginger, when do you go to Gold Beach? I duck duck go'd it and it looks like a slice of paradise!

Speaking of keeping occupied, I think I'll make a batch of ginger snaps this morning!

24 more please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; December 10, 2020, 08:02 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, ginger snaps are my all time favorite cookie! We will be at Gold Beach for the month of January. We rented a cottage so we didn't have to tow the 5th wheel over the passes.

Still having issues with my new phone and this site. It appears it doesn't like the MYO mobile app.

Going to try to figure this out today, if I can get a few minutes. 24 more!

Comment

Jude I love that quote, also love Bruce Lee, thanks Techie, hope you're ok, wish your sauna was here already for you. Dill, it may only be me but I'm worried about the vaccines, just feels super rushed but I pray it works and helps people so we can get out of this rut and stop people from dying from stupid covid, my daughter who moved from Portland has to go get tested today cuz some guy in her office was around someone who tested positive, she's working from home for now(which she likes better) until she gets a negative test, 5:49 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, sounds disgusting! Hubs birthday was yesterday and a customer gave him some blue vodka, I didn't look to see what flavor it is, just looks like a stomach ache in a bottle, he's gonna give it to our neighbors, hope everyone has a great AF day
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I was a bit surprised/concerned when my doc suggested a CBD oil with THC, especially knowing my susceptibility to addiction. My sister and b-i-l are both doctors and they think it’s OK. Thanks Techie for the info on THC ratio. I’m learning a lot about this. I’m looking forward to getting some pain relief. Apparently I don’t suffer in silence as much as I think I do, according to Mrs QW.

Techie, sorry you had a visit to the ER for treatment of your other wood cutting injury. Hope all is well.

A busy day here. I’m making bread in the bread maker, a loaf of no knead 4 ingredient bread to have with the slow cooker beef stew I’m making for supper tonight and grocery shopping. As I often remind Mrs QW, I am so much more than just a pretty face!

It’s encouraging to see the COVID vaccine approved here with vaccinations to start in the next few days. I hope it works as expected although it may be a few months before we get it. Mrs QW will likely get her shot before me due to her compromised immune system.

Off to my busy day. Have a great af Thursday everyone. Stay safe!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                Techie I hope you heal quickly. Do you split all your firewood by hand? We use our woodstove 24/7 thru the winter and Mr. D's paying the price with sprains and strains but luckily no accidents of late. He uses a splitter so that helps somewhat but there is still a lot of work and wear and tear involved. Anyway, rest and heal as quick as you can!

Cowboy, I do not have an Advent wreath going but I think it is absolutely lovely that you have that Sunday ritual! I always loved the Advent candles and readings at Mass but I have not attended since Covid started. I miss it.

Jude, thank you for that quote yesterday. And for the reminder to have gratitude. I can never be reminded about that too often!

QW, why does your doctor recommend the combo instead of the straight CBD alone? Is CBD not effective against pain? I have heard that THC is, but I worry about the other effects of THC. My doc told me years ago that she would definitely prescribe medical marijuana for her patients with pain whenever it would become legal in our state, which it now is. I took that as an endorsement of THC for pain. I am going to have to research this whole subject. Thing is, it seems so hard to find objective sources on the subject. Anyway, I hope the regimen prescribed works well for you!

Pauly, Cowboy, Mr. V, I believe we are all stuck in the covid doldrums. I guess our only way out is to grab an oar! I feel like there is an island ahead now that the vaccine is here. I am disgusted with the FDA dragging its feet on approval, but they will deign to grant it in the next few days... I see Canada has granted approval already!

Rava, sounds like you are keeping well occupied making the jerky. Are you using venison or beef?

Ginger, when do you go to Gold Beach? I duck duck go'd it and it looks like a slice of paradise!

Speaking of keeping occupied, I think I'll make a batch of ginger snaps this morning!

24 more please and thank you.
                Hi Dill. No, I have a gas powered log splitter. I like to split by hand for the exercise. I rarely get injured doing this type of work. The mistake I made both with the axe and the log splitter was using wood that was not seasoned. A neighbor brought some wood to the side of my house and stacked it in the wrong place. I inadvertently took wood from that stack. I’m feeling better and realize it could’ve been worse. The sketchy thing was my trip to the ER at our community hospital which is overrun with COVID-19 cases. Thanks:-)
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning. The sun is out. My gratitude is high. Life is good. Another 24 will be just perfect. Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hello All! Rava, I just read your post from yesterday over again and saw that it was beef jerky, so that question has been answered.

QW, I read an abstract in a medical journal yesterday and it said the CBD/THC was currently the best recommendation for pain. It did not get into details about the ratio or anything else. I was wondering if your doc recommended taking it at night, or not driving while taking it? Just curious. Bottom line, I hope it does the trick for you!

Pauly, I'm sure you are not the only one who is fearful about the vaccines. I plan on taking it when it becomes available but I hear lots of folks are going to wait and see.

24 more for all of of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

39F, partly sunny
                        Got out for a bike ride yesterday, it was wonderful, temps in the high 50's and sunny.
                        Made me feel much better.
                        Now, for a lunch of jerky and ginger snaps!
                        24 more please

Comment

Good morning. Cant believe its already friday. Cowboy, I make my own seasoning and marinate the beef/venison for about a day or two before dehydrating. Its a process but my family loves it. I use beef eye roast and have the butcher cut all the fat off. The recipe I use. Includes brown sugar, pineapple juice and lots of spices. It’s actually very good. I will enclose the recipe Cowboy for you to look at. Hope everyone has a great day today.
                          Last edited by Rava; December 11, 2020, 07:31 AM.

Comment

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Until Techie mentioned different ratios of CBD and THC, I had no idea this was part of the process. This is a real learning experience for me. I know very little about marijuana and never tried it, even though I grew up on the west coast in the 60’s. I was always afraid I’d like it! Even then I knew how easy I could get addicted. Dill, I see my doc next Tuesday to decide what we’ll try. Like lots of folks these days, I’m feeling a bit blue so I’m hoping this will smooth things out for me. And timing will be key. The arthritic pain is bad during the night so I’m thinking bedtime would be best.

Both loaves of bread turned out well, the stew was delicious and the house smelled great most of the day. Our neighbour asked what smelled so good when she brought Jessie back from a walk. Were it not for COVID, we would have invited them in for supper.

Have a great af Friday everyone. Stay safe.

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; December 11, 2020, 09:00 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Awesome in making your own jerky Rava, sounds fun and saves alot of money, store bought jerky is pricey and I'll bet yours is way better Techie, hope you're healing up, read more on what you posted in the army thread and it does sound painful! QW, hope you find some pain relief from the cbd, anyone have any cures for acid reflux? Hubs has been dealing with it alot lately, it's even messing up his sleep poor guy, scared of zantac cuz they say it causes cancer but I just don't know, 6:04 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a fabulous AF Friday!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X