~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yay! I finally got the phone app to render this forum correctly.

QW, we have two health food stores that sell CBD products here and consult with you about your needs and dosage. I'd trust them more than the weed shops if I were buying. I know you're in a small town but maybe a larger city nearby?

No school today! Instead the assisted living facility where my 88 yo aunt lives is letting me take her out to get her hair done at my sister's salon. They said if she answers all her intake questions correctly when she gets back she won't need to quarantine. This makes no sense to me as our numbers are up but we are doing it anyway. She told me last time we spoke, she was through living if this was how it was going to be. Maybe they are risking a mental health getaway over covid?

In any case.....I'll happily take another 24.

Comment

Good morning cafe gatherers. Feeling better today, although still a bit sore. The house will be full of contractors today as we are having our home better insulated. The great room had 25 foot ceiling and our utility bills are grossly expensive, even with 25 solar panels on the roof. So, I need to get morning meditation done, and wait for the onslaught. Have a wonderful sober next 24. I will. Blessings x
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Pauly, acid reflux is horrible. He may need to talk to his doc. There are other meds besides Zantac that he could try. Maybe changing his diet and sleeping on 2 pillows to start. Just a thought! Techie, good luck with the additional insulation. Hopefully that will help with your heating bills. Ginger, I’m glad you aunt is able to get out. I think mental health is just as important as physical health and glad they are letting her go. I’m having my daughter and her sons over to make cookies today. We are all well and taking chances of seeing each other. Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I used to suffer real bad from heartburn [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and nothing seemed to help! Then Bubba did some reading up on it and bought me some candied natural ginger and it did the trick! So now whenever I feel the slightest bit of discomfort, I chew a piece of it and the heartburn is gone! I wonder if ginger snaps would have the same effect?
            Last edited by abcowboy; December 12, 2020, 07:54 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I'll give the candied Ginger a shot Cowboy, thanks 5:52 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, what kind of cookies are you baking? I hope you have a great time with your family and that everyone stays safe.

The mental health aspect of this virus in so important to surviving Covid. I’d give anything to hug the grandkids. I had thought we might try to do a mask wearing, socially distant visit but our son had to get tested yesterday for the virus for the 3rd time so we’ll play it safe and visit by Skype.

Have a great af Saturday everyone and stay safe!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dang! Can't find my post after I tried to edit it.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], have hubby check DGL out. It worked for me. Sorry! Something went wrong!

24 more...

Comment

Good morning cafe members. There is a wonderful little ginger candy (bowl of them in my integrative Dr’s office) called gingins. They are quite amazing. Actually, life is wonderful and amazing, so that calls for another twenty-four!

Gin Gins(R) Original Ginger Chews - US The Ginger People
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cowboy, I'll assume gingersnaps help with reflux, that way I can take them medicinally and feel a bit more virtuous! Reflux is a bear! I have the head of my bed elevated with 6" blocks under the feet. I take zantac as needed. I'm going to try out the ginger candies. Thanks for the link, Techie. Are Gin Gins pretty much the same as what you are using Cowboy?

Rava I meant to thank you for including that jerky recipe. I think I'll give it a go! If I do, I'll let you know how it works out.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; December 12, 2020, 12:35 PM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

41F and cloudy, not going to get much warmer today.
                          Just a quick check-in before work today.
                          I had bad acid reflux when drinking, horrible really. When I quit, and cleaned up my diet, it all went away, thankfully, along with some other maladies.
                          I eat much less saturated fat, very little sugar, and very little processed food, a lot more veggies. Maybe Hubs has some food allergies as well, Pauly?
                          Self diagnosing food allergies is difficult, Maybe try the Whole 30 diet to start, But, it's difficult to follow for some. Sorry, no other solutions to add.
                          24 more here please.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Here ya go [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], moose steak and eggs for breakfast today!

Comment

Hard to tell exactly what those Gin Gin's are like [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] from the package. Bubba bought some that looked like gummy bears, but the ones I find most effective are just flat pieces of ginger with a sugar coating on them. I remember when Adam inadvertently grabbed some thinking they were just candy chews, he immediately spit them out claiming it was sugar coated soap lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X