~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Morning all! Chilly with some light snow this morning.

Starting to feel a little closed in lately.....maybe a walk is in order today.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Yesterday was horrible. It was dark and rainy all day. So depressing. Sometimes it’s so hard to just be positive and happy. I’m not feeling it at all lately. Definitely in a rut and I need to get out of it. Asking for another 24 please.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
          Good morning Cafe. I’m in a rush to get out the door, but mindful of the need to say, another 24.
          I read that and said to myself, "Techie's a poet, and he don't know it!"

Sounds like a lot of us need to focus on gratitude and staying positive. I'll start:

I'm grateful for the heating oil truck coming today and that we can afford it. I'm grateful for the fire crackling in the wood stove and warmth I feel from it.

I'm grateful for the opportunity for another 24!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

First thing is that I have to congratulate [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] on his 4000 (ooops, my mistake, 3900) days AF! Such a great achievement my friend, all things considered, congratulations!

I figure most of us are feeling those winter blahs, and I also think the Covid restrictions add to them. Thankfully the vaccine is here and starting to be given out. It might be a while before many of us to receive it, but at least it's here.

So, something for all of us to share, what would you like for Christmas? And I don't mean things like healthy, world peace, an end to Covid, etc. I mean something material. Maybe something you've always wanted but seemed to silly to waste money on. For me it would be a train set that I could keep adding to. I've got more than a few pieces set aside in my Amazon wish list, a hobby that I can get into to keep myself busy in the slow times and my hopeful one-day retirement lol. What about the rest of you, what would it be?
            Last edited by abcowboy; December 16, 2020, 07:34 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Crosspost [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I thought the same thing when I read Techie's post lol.

I'm grateful for my morning coffee and quiet times of reflection.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Model train collecting is a wonderful hobby Cowboy and something that can be shared with grandkids! I might have to add it to my wish list.

I think we all need to have an attitude of gratitude to beat the blahs. The scariest part of the blahs is that the beast knows when we’re at our weakest. Be vigilant everyone.
                I’m grateful I’m able to see my doc today and hope to report tomorrow that CBD oil was a help.

Techie, congrats on 4,000 af days!! Well done, very inspirational.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'd ask for a Roomba Cowboy haha, not sure how the dogs would act around it though and that's why I haven't gotten one in real life, Jude, sorry about the blahs, we're all in it I think, also don't think the lack of sunlight helps, sure we don't get the rain/snow but it's been overcast practically every day here, Techie, congratulations to you, QW, keep us posted on your cbd experience, see if it helps with the pain and other things, waves to the gang and I won't be drinking today!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm grateful I'm home this winter to help the kids. If I was going to go crazy and buy something I've always wanted, it would a jeep. You asked! Lol

Keep us posted on the CBD, QW. Techie, 4,000 days!! That's awesome! Great job at keeping the beast at bay.

My way out?.....24 more!

Comment

Thank you, Cowboy, but today is 3900 for me. We do not need to achieve huge things, but it’s the little three foot tosses, that get us going in that direction. So if you’re on day one or day one thousand, celebrate yourself. Love yourself. Life is good. Another 24 please!
                      Last edited by techie; December 15, 2020, 11:40 AM.
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning and then congrats today Techie on 4,000 days. Thats a huge accomplishment. I am here this morning to admit to slipping the last couple of days. I bought a bottle and hid it and have been sneaking sips. I got up this morning realizing that I’m headed down a destructive path, I dumped it all out and threw away the bottle. My God what the F is wrong with me. I know I DON’T want to go back to that messed up way of thinking. So I’m asking for another 24 out of humility and embarrassment. I have to be transparent and honest here or this group will mean nothing to me. So there you have it brutal honesty from me before I become broken. I am grateful for this group which provides a safe haven for me to be completely honest. Thank you all for that. Today I’m getting myself back on track before its too late. As far as what material thing I would like for Christmas, I have have to say a roomba like Pauly.

Comment

"We do not need to achieve huge things, but it’s the little three foot tosses, that get us going in that direction. So if you’re on day one or day one thousand, celebrate yourself. Love yourself. Life is good." ~Techie

4000 is an eye-popping number! Huge congrats to you today, Techie!

Rava, Techie's words yesterday were very wise and a true comfort to me as one who can't seem to stay the course as well as others. You are headed in the right direction and that is what really counts.

Cowboy, I would like a new crockpot if we are talking doable. If we are talking pie-in-the-sky, like Ginger, I want a silver or gold Honda Civic! I used to have an Accord which was my favorite car ever. But I don't need the size at this point. A Civic will do nicely. Ginger and Pauly, I don't think a roomba could possibly keep up with the mess around here!

Speaking of mess, we had a huge one last night! We had our fuel oil tanks filled yesterday and unfortunately due to a faulty gage the fill went over the top. Not by a lot but by enough! We were down in the cellar soaking up oil in paper towels, putting them in a bucket and carrying it out. There were lots of drips along the way unfortunately so we were mopping and gathering up the throw rugs for the wash and had to open all the windows to clear the odor and try to run the furnace to get the oil to drop. It had to do with a gage Mr. D needed to replace but when he tried the store did not have the part he needed. So he put the gage back until the plug would be in stock and the gage leaked! Ugh Anyway, all is back to normal this morning. The odor is still in the air, but it is improving.

24 more please and thank you.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Last edited by dill; December 16, 2020, 07:39 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sorry for the mistake [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], must have been my dyslexia showing through when I read your Shout Out post lol. On the bright side, we can celebrate 4000 again in 99 days!

Well now, if we're talking pie-in-the-sky wishes, it would be a skid-steer for the farm! Unfortunately there probably won't be either for me as there are too many "needs" that come before "wishes" lol

That's what we're here for [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], glad you got that confession off your chest and dumped out the rest. What really struck home to me was when you said you hid it and stole drinks from it, I did the same on so many occasions! Goes to show how ashamed we really are about our drinking problem, needing our fix but having to hide it...

Time for the old-time fix [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], a few drops of vinegar on any oil spills, really cuts the smell!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; December 16, 2020, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Oh no Dill:egad: especially oil what a pain! Rava, :hug: glad you got rid of the rest, think the holiday season plus all thats going on is a gigantic trigger for drinking, 5:46 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X