~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, you got this! Your honesty proves it.

Dill, what a bummer about the oil. ABC, great tip about the vinegar. I had no idea!

No school today, for me anyway. The kids are off to their other gmom's and I have the day to get a few errands done. We'll only have a couple more days then its winter break and we leave for a month. I'm ready for a break but feeling guilty about leaving them high and dry. Other gmom let's them run amuck so not much gets done but I have to let that go!

24 more!!!

Comment

Congratulations [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] on your 3900 days of sobriety! Wowza!
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...don't beat yourself up over having slipped. The important thing is that you recognised where you were heading and dumped the booze. As you know, I have had several slip ups in the past, and I still can't understand how my resolve not to drink can be so strong one day, but very weak the next. Sometimes we just have to live moment to moment I guess. :hug:

The skies were fiery red this morning, which doesn't surprise me as we have winter storm warnings up due to an impending Nor'Easter coming up the coast. Red sky in the morning ' sailor take warning!.

What would I love for Christmas? A log cabin on 100 acres in the Rocky mountains! Hey, a girl can dream!I

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Interesting wish lists in the Cafe. I especially like Jude’s - a log cabin on 100 acres in the Rockies. Great dream!

I have a prescription for CBD oil and THC but the acquisition process is different from what I expected. I registered online with a site owned by a major Canadian pharmacy - Shoppers, familiar to other Canucks in the Cafe - and will be ordering online for courier delivery to the house. I thought I’d just take the details to a local dispensary and walk out with the product in hand. I hope it works!

Off to see my chiropractor for a much needed adjustment this morning.

Rava, thanks for your honesty and remember your friends are here for you. The beast is powerful as we know. I had a drinking dream the other night and was so glad that’s all it was.

Stay strong everyone and have a great af Wednesday.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Just a quick fly by to say another 24 for me!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi all. Sorry about my abbreviated post earlier but I was late for an important appointment with a client. As I was heading up my street, I saw an overturned golf cart. I pulled over and heard a woman screaming help me. I rushed over to her. She had hit the curb, tried to over correct and flipped. She thought she had a broken leg. I called 911 and flagged down a passing vehicle. The gentleman helped me removed the plexiglass windshield and we were able to lift the cart to free her foot. My assessment was her leg was not broken. We pulled her out of the cart. We sat her down as I though she was going into shock. The EMS, fire dept, and police finally arrived. My wife knows this woman so I’ll find out how she is when I get home. What a strange start to my day.

No problem re: 4000, Cowboy. Sorry to hear about your oil mess, Dill. How awful. Have a great day folks. Things have a way of turning themselves around. Blessings x
            Last edited by techie; December 16, 2020, 02:12 PM.
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Snowy and cold this morning!
              [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] It was nice of you to help out that poor woman yesterday. Too many people these days would have just kept going. It's good to know that there are still decent folks in this world.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks so much for all the positive encouragement and understanding words. I feel more like myself today with no booze in the house to obsesses about. Wow it makes me nuts how crazy the mind can be. Like Jude said so strong one day and so weak the next. I wasn’t going to say anything because I didn't want to trigger anyone but then I thought the entire point of this group is honesty and support. So I definitely appreciate you all! Thanks again. Techie, that was wonderful that you stopped and helped that poor woman. What a way to start your day. Dill sorry about the oil spill hopefully some vinegar as Cowboy suggested will help cut the odor. Ginger, 1 month to better weather for you! We might be traveling at the same time this year. QW Good luck with the CBD/THC. I have been taking it for about a year now. Helps me with my anxiety. There are all different strengths of it and I prefer the lowest THC combination. Does not make me loopy. As far as addiction goes, I would much much rather drink. CBD/THC combo I think of more as medication. Its not the same at all to me as the enjoyment I get from alcohol. I have to continue on my AF path as that is the problem that takes me down. 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the tip about the vinegar, Cowboy! I did not know that one. Everything is back to normal here and the mess is all taken care of. The smell is still hanging around due to the fact that the house is mostly closed up due to the cold. It is much, much better tho.

3900 is also an eye popping number. Keep us posted Cowboy when the 99 days has passed! I know you will. :heartbeat:

Heck! One day can be an eye popping number too! That's why we are all here!

Looks like snow in your area today, Jude! Keep warm and dry!

Snow came thru here on it's way east, but it didn't last long and only left a trace.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good on you for stopping and helping out [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! You're right [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], far too many people never stop to help people in distress! About a week ago or so I was on my way to the farm and came upon a truck in the ditch, the headlights were still on so I stopped to see if everyone was okay. The fellow had swerved to miss a deer and front tire caught in the snow and sucked him into the ditch. It was an easy pull out so we hooked up his tow band and I yarded him out. He mentioned that three other trucks went by him without even slowing down! Kinda makes a person feel good when you can help someone out.

I'm off to the bright lights this morning with mask in hand lol. Got the phone call I've been waiting for, the canopy for my truck is in so I'm getting it installed this morning! You never know how much you miss something till you have to go without it for awhile! Kinda reminds me of my first year of sobriety, but that's something I'll never miss again!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; December 17, 2020, 07:47 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad you helped that poor lady Techie, I'll bet she was so scared! Funny cuz if I accidentally leave my gas door open on my car at least 5 people honk and tell me yet when my tire is low nobody says a word haha, Ginger, I'm the Nan who lets the kids run amok in the family, I'm glad you keep them inline for school, I get overwhelmed by all of it, luckily I don't have Lou during school hours much,, Dill glad the spill is cleaned and everything is back to normal, Rava, I had mentioned I bought beers in passing a month ago but maybe I said it too quickly nobody noticed, I'm not making a big deal outta it just cuz I'm a hell of alot better than I was in the past, you are, we all are. That junk just doesn't make me feel good anymore, just tired and bitchy! 5:35 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a great AF day
                        Last edited by paulywogg; December 17, 2020, 08:36 AM.
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I love good Samaritans! Happy to hear we have them in our Cafe.

School day today so lots to do before I pick up that ruler. Lol

24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m glad, but not surprised, there are so many good samaritans in the Cafe. Especially now the world needs acts of kindness more than ever. And when you do something to help someone else, it makes you feel pretty darn good!
                            Recently I met a lady from our Parkinson support group at the grocery store. Her hands were shaking so badly she was having difficulty putting groceries in her cart. I helped her select a few things and went with her to the check out. I had her wait while I paid for my groceries and helped her load her bags into her car. She declined my offer to drive her home but I did follow behind to make sure she got home safely. I carried her bags inside her door so she didn’t have to carry them up her steps. She commented that I was brought up right!
                            I didn’t realize when Mrs QW was first diagnosed that hand tremors associated with Parkinson’s aren’t a symptom of the disease, they’re a side effect of the medications.

Rava, stay strong and remember you’re still succeeding. One day at a time!

Stay safe everyone and keep being kind!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning cafe members. It is a cold and rainy day here. This afternoon I may be blasting rock (w/dynamite) on my friends ranch. The bore holes are already drilled. He is about 5 minutes from me. We are both wannabe geologists and hunt for quartz and other interesting gifts from Mother Earth, even the occasional small bits of gold. Not for everyone, but we love it. So, I’m going to get busy and get a run in. Sometimes, I enjoy running and even hiking in wet weather. Snow is even better. I wish everyone a wonderful day as I, like you m, are going for another blessed 24!

Comment

BTW, thank you for the affirming comments after the golf cart accident. I know that in a similar (as shared by some of you) situation, we would all do the right thing. Blessings x

Comment

Working...
                                X