~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I was just watching news coverage of the blizzard that hit the east coast. Jude, hope you and others in the Cafe in the path of the storm are safe and warm.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

31F and cloudy
      Holy Moly, I don't check-in for a few days and everything goes to hell in a handbasket, even to the point of blowing things up!
      But, it sounds like everyone's getting back on track (see the train reference there?).
      Small steps, one day at a time, keep it simple.
      These gray short days will soon be behind us, the winter solstice is Monday.
      I bought a few new power tools for myself, my Christmas presents to my self. Now to use them, lol.
      24 more please

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Knowing you all in the Cafe as I do, I am not surprised by the good Samaritan acts you've shared here. They are heart warming stories and uplifting to read. In my part of the world people are apt to stop and help when they see someone in distress. Especially on stretches of rural highways.

Pauly, I saw your comment a week or so ago about having a slip but you said it so casually that it gave me the impression that you wanted to square things up for yourself here in terms of being honest, but that you didn't want a fuss. I hope I read that right. Anyway, I didn't comment but I did appreciate your post. We're all doing our best here and you are doing great! Did Mr. P used to drink and did he also quit? None of my business so ignore my question if want to.

Techie, that dynamite thing sounds like something Mr. D would just love! And of course, who doesn't love quartz and other similar treasures! I love amethyst!

Hey Mr. V, good to see you!

24 more please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; December 18, 2020, 07:28 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It's so heartwarming to hear of the Good Samaritan stories from the cafe members! It gives me hope in these stressful times.

Glad that your house is getting back to normal dill! What a pain that must have been!

We were spared from the brunt of the Nor'Easter where I live, and we only got about 8 inches of snow. Binghamton, which is only about an hour south of here got 3 feet of the white stuff! We were lucky this time!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. We only got rain so luckily no snow. My friend in New Hampshire got 35 inches. WOW. I cant even imagine. Hope everyone has a good day. I’m feeling stronger from my slip a few days ago and realize that compared to many years ago I’m so much better. Realizing that i don’t want to go back to sneaking and lying is what drives me to stay sober. I think I love alcohol more than life itself and realize that. Thanks for this site and your support. My brain is getting back on straight again. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I love blowing things up as well! Back in the old days when they dug water wells by hand and the wells went dry, they would use the old well as a place to dump the rocks that they picked from the field. And these rock filled wells became great hibernacula for garter snakes, so in the spring we dynamited the wells to get rid of the snakes before they came out of hibernation! Lots of rocks and pieces of snakes flying everywhere lol.

Don't get me started on tools [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], putting me in the tool section of HomeDepot is like putting a kid in a candy store lol

I think all of us here are doing amazing things, for ourselves and for others! A minor slip here and there can happen, but it's the fact that we never give up that will keep us moving forward, not backward...
                Last edited by abcowboy; December 18, 2020, 07:43 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill, hubs drinks mostly just like a regular person, he doesn't understand that need that people who have a problem with it have so it's hard for him to understand why if I start it's very hard to stop, he thinks just stop, but for me if I've been on one it's hard to just start the next day without, that was over a month ago now and it was brief and I actually do appreciate you not saying anything about it, I'm an open book never feel like something isn't your business Blowing something up sounds fun right now haha, my dad and brothers like to go shooting and blow random stuff up, old toilets, old tvs anything that makes alot of noise and explodes into a gazillion pieces! 5:43 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF Friday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who buys things “to me from me” at Christmas! For me it’s usually photography related although I’ve bought some kitchen appliances since I do some of the cooking.

Jude, so nice the storm mostly missed you although 8” is still a significant amount of snow.

Note to self...... be especially nice to Cafe friends who play with dynamite!

Have a great af Friday everyone, stay safe, stay strong!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

You know.... I just love all of you so much. When I read your posts, I can imagine us all sitting around a big table with coffee and donuts just chatting it up and laughing. You guys are the best!!

I love tools! My last birthday I bought myself a Dewalt cordless drill. It's my favorite! For this Christmas I bought myself a Dyson cordless vacuum. I count that as a power tool too and love it.

Techie, not sure about blowing things up but we love rockhounding. When we are in AZ, hiking to abandoned mines is one of our favorite things. We have lots of "souvenirs" laying around our home here in WA.

Schools out Monday! Whoot whoot! 24 more!

Comment

Well, good morning cafe folk. The blasting has been delayed due to rain yesterday. We rescheduled for Saturday. We did look at some previous sites and caves. The ranch is 530 acres so there are lots of areas to explore. BTW, I moved here from AZ six years ago, Ginger. My wife and I are both serial hikers. We have hiked the GC rim to rim. While on my late afternoon/evening walk with our dog, I was amazed at our red winged black birds. They soar over the lake on the seventh fairway. They nest in the reeds. Their acrobatics are amazing. However they have a unique ability to get stealthy. They appear as a cloud of birds soaring in the air, then they turn wing and ostensibly disappear momentarily and then you see them again. I’ll try and get a video of them and post it. Like those birds who have fun in their natural habitat, I’ll be in mine as I go for another 24. Have a great day x
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Saturday greetings for the Cafe folks! Techie, sounds like you live in a really cool place. Your description of the birds soaring is like reading a good book! Pauly, my hubs is the same as yours and doesn't really understand why I can’t enjoy a random glass of wine. (He rarely drinks and when he does he would love a partner). I think he finally gets it and really doesn't say too much. I remind him that one of the qualities I love most about him is that he is not a regular drinker. I was not drinking when we met and married. My first marriage had lots of drinking and I didn't want to go down that road again. When i was sneaking my drinks earlier this week, I was too ashamed to let him know. Right there is a huge red flag!! I hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Grateful for this group for sure!!!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I agree [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], you've all become more than just friends to me, more like family! Spending a day or weekend together would be amazing, think of the stories that would be told, and not just by us but by our spouses as well lol. I think my sides would be sore from all the laughing!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; December 19, 2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Blue skies and 7°F this morning. Brrr....

Another 24 for all of my family here at the cafe!

Comment

Working...
                                X