~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Well the blasting was a blast. We had two sticks that did not detonate. There was water in the drill holes in one for sure. We need to figure out why, as it should have worked. A four to five hundred pound boulder blew about 20 feet. The old heavy carpet covered with heavy wooden skids, then covers again with a tractor load of dirt, was obliterated. The cave on the property dates cake to the 49ers. He has a lighting system that extends 180 feet into the 250 foot cave. You can see the cart rails in places on the floor from the original mining operation. Got a few nice crystals. I would show pics/vids of the explosion but we do not want that in the cloud. What we are doing is not exactly legal. However, lots of work and just as much fun.

Could use some prayer. The wife of a good friend that was killed on 9/11 has committed suicide. Very sad. Thank you.

That breakfast looks great, Cowboy. I wish everyone a wonderful Sunday. It sure will be here as I add another 24 hours of sobriety to a quality life. Blessings x
    Last edited by techie; December 20, 2020, 12:44 PM.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]yywogg [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good mornin' y'all! Got the place opened up, heat is on, and the coffee's ready!

Sad news about the wife [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], sometimes grief and depression can be so overwhelming...
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 21, 2020, 08:01 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie I’m so sorry your late friends wife ended her life. So sad. Unfortunately suicide is very common these days. So much sadness and despair and sometimes we don’t even know the person is depressed. I can only send my condolences. I have dealt with that same issue with an immediate family member and although it’s been a long time it’s something you never quite get over. On a lighter note, I’m glad your blowing up day went well. We are getting a new lazy boy chair delivered today and can’t wait to sit in it and watch some Netflix. No alcohol in hand tho. None in the house. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Gray, overcast, foggy and all over shitty day weather wise. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Techie, that sounds like a very thrilling day! Glad you enjoyed it and know how to stay safe. But I am sorry to hear about your wife's friend. Most of the time I can't fathom doing such a thing but sometimes I do get a fleeting understanding of the depth of sadness/loneliness that might lead there.

Pauly, hearing about Techie's wife's friend reminded me of your brother and the great loss that was to you. Prayers to you as well as to Techie.

Ginger, IMO you should not feel guilty about your son's choices. I know it's easy to say, but hear me out. I firmly believe there is a genetic component to this problem. Your grandfather had it and your mother only escaped it by never letting it in the door. She passed the gene on and since you didn't have your guard up, not having the same childhood experience as your Mom, you got ensnared. You likely passed the gene on to your sons. I don't think you can feel guilty about something you didn't do intentionally! You are right: they will come around when they are ready. And you are leading by example, so be proud of that!

Rava! I made the jerky yesterday and it turned out great!!! I just wish I had made more. The recipe called for 1 lb. of meat. Next time I'll use 3 lb. I think there was enough marinade to cover that much if using a zip lock bag. Anyhoo, Mr. D loves it and I'll be making more! Thanks. :thumbsup:

24 more would be great!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Techie, very sad glad the exploding went ok though, Ginger one of my girls drinks quite a bit but I don't think she's an alcoholic cuz she can take it or leave it but chooses to take it, much like your sons who could quit if they wanted, the other 3 kids seem to be ok Kell(the one with the boys) hates drinking so that's a blessing, Dill, yeah there's a genetic thingies to it but my mom used that as an excuse saying"it's in the blood" and will probably always drink, the Christmas star is tonight, hope it's a good luck thing and not a bad thing it's pretty rare, waves to the gang and wishes for a happy, healthy AF Monday for us all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I think you’re right Dill, there is a genetic component to alcoholism. My Dad drank too much, my brother ( and his wife) both consume too much, I used to, and my sister recognized she had issues with alcohol so she quit. Ginger, your kids will hopefully realize they have a problem with alcohol and will kick the beast to the curb. Life without al is so much better, as we know.

Our son and daughter in law are planning to bring Xmas dinner to us Friday. Last evening, a friend from our youth justice committee, knowing we were going to be on our own, offered to bring us a turkey dinner. Nice to have caring family and friends!

Our neighbours who have been faithfully walking Jessie for us had her for a sleepover Saturday night and took her for a hike yesterday morning. Should we move to a place that won’t allow pets, Jessie will have a wonderful home to go to.

Techie, sorry to learn of your friend’s wife passing. We don’t know what many people are struggling with, especially now with everything that’s going on in the world. Be kind to each other!

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thank you for all the encouraging words. Sadly, my boys have that gene on both sides. There dad's grandfather was an abusive alcoholic as well. At least they all seem happy go lucky and not mean when they drink. I guess that's something.?

Techie, so sorry to hear about your friend's wife. I'll send prayers for all those she left behind.

Another 24 is in order!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friends wife [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].... Depression lies, and makes us believe that there is no hope and no way out. The lucky ones get help in time, many do not. So very sad.

I grew up with both parents drinking and smoking excessively; thankfully neither was physically abusive, just sort of emotionally elusive. I picked up my first cigarette from one of my Mom's ashtrays, and smoked what was the first of many when I was 14. So much for peer pressure. I also started drinking around that time, but didn't imbibe regularly until I was 18, but then the floodgates opened. Wish I knew then what I do now. So many years wasted.....

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe superstars. Thank you so much for your lovely heartfelt condolences. Life is indeed a challenge for us all. Today marks The Great Conjunction. The joining of Jupiter and Saturn. The closest observable since 1226. It is visible in the Southeastern shy right after sundown. So, have a wonderful day, evening or night wherever you reside. I’m going for another 24, known as The Great Achievement. Blessings x
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I always try to plan my work so that I'm not busy the week before Christmas but it never seems to happen. I had to get a gas line run yesterday for a customer's new gas stove. She had to get it connected this week so she could cook the Christmas dinner in it for the family that was coming home. The next couple of days I'll be running water and drain lines and setting the fixtures in a basement bathroom for another customer so that the kids coming home for Christmas won't have to wait in line for the bathroom on the main floor. Do you guys see what's wrong with this whole picture lol.

Comment

Yesterday was the Winter Solstice and as we all know, a turning point. Starting today the days will begin to get longer! It will be a slow process but we are definitely headed in the right direction! (Where have we heard that before?! )

Techie, we were under a thick layer of clouds last night so no chance of viewing the Pluto/Saturn conjunction from here. You? Also, thank you for posting music videos each day. I enjoyed the Josh Groban one yesterday and it helped me get into a Christmas mood. Something that has been a bit elusive lately.

My granddaughter has a desire to make dog treats, something her dad has no desire to endeavor. LOL She has asked me several times if we can make them together and I have had to say no due to you-know-what. So today I am going to make the dough for her. Tomorrow when they come for our outdoor Christmas party and gift exchange I will give it to her along with a baking sheet and rolling pin. We have rolled out cookies and play doh together many times so she should have the skill to do it and her dad won't mind supervising the baking.

Speaking of tomorrow, I must say that I am really grateful that we will be blessed with a December day with a high in the 50's! It will give us a chance to spend some time together with my son and grandkids to celebrate Christmas!

24 more please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; December 22, 2020, 09:14 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross-post Cowboy, and yes! I see a very busy Cowboy on the week he wanted to have 'peace on earth' for himself and Bubba!
                                You are a good man. :heartbeat:
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X